Sponsored

Best guesses at build date for my Maverick? Just totaled my car, have to make some decisions...

BarryRollins

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Jeep Wrangler
I unfortunately was in an accident yesterday, 7/20, and believe my car was totaled. I was looking forward to driving it until I got my Maverick, whenever that might be. Now I have to make some decisions on whether to rent, drive my old Jeep, etc. so I am trying to nail down more info on build date potentials.

I have been reading on the forum for a while, I ordered through Ed at Chapman Ford in PA (read the offers from Tom who I believe is with the same group). I got my confirmation from Ford on 7/15 so I know I am late on the list, it had priority code 10 at that time. Order XLT, 4k, Hybrid, Alto Blue, Hard tonneau, XLT luxury package, cargo net, fender film, sliding rear.

I also read Tom make an offer to lease and then trade in the lease. I might consider that if I have to. Any thoughts that might help me on build date? I have read the info on July 29th, seen people on 02 priority already, noted the late availability (feel like I read about Hybrid being pushed back? Might be off there).

Any thoughts appreciated! Looking forward to the truck whenever it might arrive.
I am also posting on the other major forum.
Thanks!
Sponsored

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
I unfortunately was in an accident yesterday, 7/20, and believe my car was totaled. I was looking forward to driving it until I got my Maverick, whenever that might be. Now I have to make some decisions on whether to rent, drive my old Jeep, etc. so I am trying to nail down more info on build date potentials.

I have been reading on the forum for a while, I ordered through Ed at Chapman Ford in PA (read the offers from Tom who I believe is with the same group). I got my confirmation from Ford on 7/15 so I know I am late on the list, it had priority code 10 at that time. Order XLT, 4k, Hybrid, Alto Blue, Hard tonneau, XLT luxury package, cargo net, fender film, sliding rear.

I also read Tom make an offer to lease and then trade in the lease. I might consider that if I have to. Any thoughts that might help me on build date? I have read the info on July 29th, seen people on 02 priority already, noted the late availability (feel like I read about Hybrid being pushed back? Might be off there).

Any thoughts appreciated! Looking forward to the truck whenever it might arrive.
I am also posting on the other major forum.
Thanks!
Sorry to hear about your wreck. Does your insurance cover vehicle rental, and if so, how long do they give you? That would, at least, take care of some of the time.

As far as delivery date, I don't think anyone knows for sure at this moment, but yes, the 29th is supposed to be scheduling date now. Some think some of the earliest orders will be delivered late September to early October, but it's probably speculation/wishful thinking.

Here's to hoping yours is one of the first delivered.

M.A.C.

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation
As soon as they start scheduling builds and issuing Vin numbers we will have a better idea, then we should start getting weekly production numbers and find out what configurations are moving faster etc. Hope you didn’t get too banged up in the accident. Take care of yourself first and hang in there.

Sponsored

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty much you should expect around 3 months from the date that you get a VIN number.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty much you should expect around 3 months from the date that you get a VIN number.
Out of curiosity, what do you base this on...any insider information?

dldsm7

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It feels long... I was thinking 8 weeks (2 months) from VIN as VIN means its scheduled to start within a week or 3.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I base my guesstimate on delivery on all the things I've learned:
1: Ford schedules productions every week, but they schedule them a month out to forecast supply chain/parts issues.
2: They don't build every single week. Some weeks are 'cleanup' weeks where they fix up vehicles on previous weeks that had issues among other things.
3: When production happens, it can happen quickly, but vehicles sit waiting to ship based on railyard scheduling.
4: "Hot Tag" vehicles always get shipped first. Its just a flag for 'priority' out of the railyard.
5: Rail transit can take a few days to more than a week (mostly distance + all the yards they have to stop at along the way) those closer may get ones that go straight carrier out of Hermosillo, so they may see them in days rather than weeks.
6: Then its up to the local transport to go from the yard to the dealership - paired with #5, the further away you are, the longer it takes on these two steps.
7: Then its up to the dealership to do their check-in and PDI and such.

TL;DR waits, rail transit speed and stops, transfers, and paperwork - it can easily take up 3 or 4 weeks in some parts of the country, and sometimes more (and that's before counting over-water transit to HI).

For AL specifically:
IF you get scheduled on 7/29 for the 8/23 week AND there are no issues, and it is lucky enough to go straight to rail, straight to local carrier transport, straight to the dealer, and minimal waiting along the way, I would not expect it to show up before 9/13 in an absolute best-case scenario. Reality is that it may sit in a lot or depot at different points along the way waiting on then next available transport. So I'd pad that with at least a week and not plan for anything before 9/20 at best for an 8/23 week build.

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Previous times I have ordered a car. The time between getting a VIN and getting delivery was roughly 3 months

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I base my guesstimate on delivery on all the things I've learned:
1: Ford schedules productions every week, but they schedule them a month out to forecast supply chain/parts issues.
2: They don't build every single week. Some weeks are 'cleanup' weeks where they fix up vehicles on previous weeks that had issues among other things.
3: When production happens, it can happen quickly, but vehicles sit waiting to ship based on railyard scheduling.
4: "Hot Tag" vehicles always get shipped first. Its just a flag for 'priority' out of the railyard.
5: Rail transit can take a few days to more than a week (mostly distance + all the yards they have to stop at along the way) those closer may get ones that go straight carrier out of Hermosillo, so they may see them in days rather than weeks.
6: Then its up to the local transport to go from the yard to the dealership - paired with #5, the further away you are, the longer it takes on these two steps.
7: Then its up to the dealership to do their check-in and PDI and such.

TL;DR waits, rail transit speed and stops, transfers, and paperwork - it can easily take up 3 or 4 weeks in some parts of the country, and sometimes more (and that's before counting over-water transit to HI).

For AL specifically:
IF you get scheduled on 7/29 for the 8/23 week AND there are no issues, and it is lucky enough to go straight to rail, straight to local carrier transport, straight to the dealer, and minimal waiting along the way, I would not expect it to show up before 9/13 in an absolute best-case scenario. Reality is that it may sit in a lot or depot at different points along the way waiting on then next available transport. So I'd pad that with at least a week and not plan for anything before 9/20 at best for an 8/23 week build.
Lot's of acronyms.
What does PDI mean? I've seen it a bunch but am not sure what it means.
TL;DR Another I'm not sure what it stands for.

Thanks in advance.

TolWalleye#1

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Chevy Silverado
Salesman told me after it's built plan on 4 weeks until they receive it. Rail to Chicago, then to Dearborn MI. Then to the dealership in Ohio.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury