Sponsored

Best brand of do it yourself ceramic coating?

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will be doing my own ceramic coating but not sure of which brand I will use on the Maverick once it gets here.

For those of you that did or will do your own application what brand did you go with or have used in the past?
Sponsored

bentley72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve been looking also, and think I’m going to go with Chemical Guys Carbon Force Ceramic Coating

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
While its not a true ceramic coating I like the Turtle wax hybrid solutions ceramic spray bottle. More of a ceramic/carnauba mix You can find it at Walmart. Its easy to use and holds up well. My favorite thing about things like that is using it on the textured black plastics and things that you normally couldn't get wax on. Makes them repel water and look good. Here's a couple pics of my Escape to show what I mean.....

Ford Maverick Best brand of do it yourself ceramic coating? IMG_0676

Ford Maverick Best brand of do it yourself ceramic coating? IMG_0677

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like Adam’s Polishes.

My1stFord

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not to derail this thread but I had never heard of ceramic coating. I'm super hesitant about any new paint protection. Every 5 years or so they come out with a new chemical to throw on your car. I always do carnuba wax twice a year. Looks and smells great and protects the paint for the ten years or so I'll own a vehicle.

Sponsored

Nexus

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 Diesel Crew Cad
While its not a true ceramic coating I like the Turtle wax hybrid solutions ceramic spray bottle. More of a ceramic/carnauba mix You can find it at Walmart. Its easy to use and holds up well. My favorite thing about things like that is using it on the textured black plastics and things that you normally couldn't get wax on. Makes them repel water and look good. Here's a couple pics of my Escape to show what I mean.....

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg
Armor Shield IX DIY Kit
This is what I have used with good results.
It’s all about the preparation.
Putting on the coating is really the easiest part.

Mcluber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Pepper Red
I used turtle wax with graphene on HPR and it looks good. The only problem is it attracts a lot of dust. I used it on the soft roll up tonneau and every where except glass area. It doesn't give white residue like LiquidgGlass. I am planning to put LiquidGlass on for couple more layers. Some people claim that it will help prevent paint chip from little rocks. My Ram barely has any chip after almost 5 years with 2-3 layers of LiquidGlass applied every summer.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went with R1 since in the thread claying and ceramic coating like the way it looked and can get the cost down to $100 for two or less for three vehicles by ordering with discounts. Suggesting of login in to the r1coating site and then get the15% off code. First use an existing 10% off sale or use the 20% code at the very top and order the 80ml bottle. OP in mention thread mentioned that he had some left over with the 30ml bottle. His first name is Earnest and his name here is close to that.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/got-to-clay-and-apply-ceramic-to-the-alto-blue.7185/

Ford Maverick Best brand of do it yourself ceramic coating? a65e169d-e9a0-4720-a098-860b9f7077f4-jpe

Looking at the sky reflection on the hood.
Ford Maverick Best brand of do it yourself ceramic coating? 37866db1-ef52-4066-bc88-7221029d52e8-jpe

Last edited:
Sponsored

Dirtball

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus Hatch SE;2017 Buick Encore Essence
I used this kit mainly cause my go to youtube car detailing channel recommended it. Crystal Serum Light with Exo topper. Make sure you do plenty of research before you apply. there is a ton of steps prepping the paint before you actually apply ceramic coats. Good luck!

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg
I'll second the vote for Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions. I've always use regular old carnuba paste wax because it does the job...the only thing is I hate waxing my vehicles and I procrastinate...and it doesn't get done as frequently as it should. Hybrid Solutions wash and spray on "ceramic/wax" are super easy to use. They give a great finish and they do an excellent job of repelling dust and road grime.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We used AvalonKing on our 2018 Miata. We coated it when it was brand new and when we sold the car 2 years later, it was still intact and had been great.

Ceramic coatings can be removed. But not sure why you'd want to.
Sponsored