First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick, 2017 Focus ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love my Maverick and I have a 24 XLT AWD, FX4 with 4k tow and lux pkg. I’m taking my vehicle in to the dealer this Wednesday for them to check the alignment. The steering wheel has been off center since I got it. It I’m an hr away. I have noticed a super annoying vibration through the whole vehicle but more so through the steering wheel that reduces when I’m driving slower and is gone when I’m stopped. I was looking over the truck yesterday and noticed an abnormal amount of wheel weights on my front driver wheel. I’m hoping this is my vibration.
Ford Maverick Bent wheel from Factory…. IMG_9305
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sonicaceman

Sonicaceman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What is the general consensus of just looking at the pic? Do you think I should request a replacement wheel?

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If that much weight is required then there is probably an issue. Hard to really tell from your picture about the wheel damage...take a picture from a further distance. I have never seen that many weights on a wheel in the last 20 years....and some of my cars have much heavier wheels and tires.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can't see any damage on the wheel from your pic but like others have said, that much weight to get the wheel/tire balanced is totally NUTS. I would assume its the tire not the wheel causing that much weight to be added.

Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
before panicking I'd take it in and have the tire rotated 90deg and road force balanced.
that much weight usually means out of round since you say it's speed sensitive.

OP
OP
Sonicaceman

Sonicaceman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am taking it in and I sent a picture to dealer as well. It’s a new vehicle and only has 1300 miles. Those weights are from factory like that. I’m going to ask them to check tire and balance. There is zero damage and the wheel looks perfect to me from the outside but I haven’t seen it on a lift. I’ll put up another picture as well. 100% stock and wheels as well.
Ford Maverick Bent wheel from Factory…. IMG_9306

OP
OP
Sonicaceman

Sonicaceman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also to note all the other wheels only have like 2-4 weights and steering wheel center is off to the right very slightly with 2-3 psi more air pressure on passenger tires. Initially I was talking it to have alignment checked but the vibration which you can feel through the steering wheel is at all speeds but very annoying at 55+ mph. I’m confident they will take care of me. The dealer has been great through the whole process of getting vehicle and has very good communication. Hopefully it’s just a bad tire/wheel or maybe just a rebalance.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could just be a bad tire too. Let us know what they decide. I'm sure they will try and rebalance etc etc. Do you notice any vibrations at higher speeds?

OP
OP
Sonicaceman

Sonicaceman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven’t been much over 60 mph as I haven’t done any thruway driving recently but it’s about the same from 40ish to 60. A very light tingling vibration in the steering wheel. Enough to drive you nuts but not something that would be considered bad by any means. It’s not violently shaking. You would t even notice it if I posted a video. It’s something you would have to drive and feel. My wife who knows nothing about cars felt it and confirmed it is a vibration. Her Titanium AWD Fusion with 94k on it doesn’t vibrate like this and it has my used Focus St wheels on it with snow tires. And actually one of her wheels is slightly bent as well. Hopefully it’s something simple like a defective tire and not a suspension or drivetrain issue. I will definitely update after I go this Wednesday. I appreciate all the input and it probably is a bad tire if the rim is good. I’ll just have to wait and see. Thank you 😃

Sponsored

Optimus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s more than likely a bad tire, not the wheel. Either way, that’s an incompetent tire installer.

OP
OP
Sonicaceman

Sonicaceman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Idk if wheel is of balance or if tire is bad or if there is another issue. I will post up if anything is found or if the issue is fixed. Like I said I’m going Wednesday for an appointment. Bent was just the word I used.
Sponsored