Bed Light Indicator

LostDude25

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain, Dodge Dakota, Jeep Renegade
My biggest pet peeve is that there is no indicator to let you know that the bed light is on. You press the button for on and off and its the same feeling, no click clack or click cluck to indicate its on or off. Also no little light on the button that illuminates when on or anything in the instrument panel that lets you know its on.

Didn't think it would be a problem until some guy come up next to me and flagged me down. I just thought is was Maverick fan who wanted to tell me it was a cool looking truck, but he kept pointing backwards like there was something wrong from the rear of the truck. I pulled over and got out thinking maybe the spare tire was hanging low or god forbid, the bumper fell off. But no, the damn bed light was on.

I called my salesman and since they have a Tester truck on Tuesday, maybe he could relay the oversite to someone who knows the truck more personally and maybe get some feedback on it. He said he will get back with me when the truck gets there.
Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My biggest pet peeve is that there is no indicator to let you know that the bed light is on. You press the button for on and off and its the same feeling, no click clack or click cluck to indicate its on or off. Also no little light on the button that illuminates when on or anything in the instrument panel that lets you know its on.

Didn't think it would be a problem until some guy come up next to me and flagged me down. I just thought is was Maverick fan who wanted to tell me it was a cool looking truck, but he kept pointing backwards like there was something wrong from the rear of the truck. I pulled over and got out thinking maybe the spare tire was hanging low or god forbid, the bumper fell off. But no, the damn bed light was on.

I called my salesman and since they have a Tester truck on Tuesday, maybe he could relay the oversite to someone who knows the truck more personally and maybe get some feedback on it. He said he will get back with me when the truck gets there.
Good to know. Thanks!

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really? I thought there were some indication on the center stack on the LCD screen?

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

There is an option in the dash display settings to turn an indicator that will eliminate when the cargo light is on. It comes defaultEd t off.

Sponsored

LongshotXL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
There is an option in the dash display settings to turn an indicator that will eliminate when the cargo light is on. It comes defaultEd t off.
This setting option does not exist on XL, maybe only on XLT and above. I have also noticed this oversight since my Tacoma has a nice toggle switch, very tactile feel click click on/off.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I just went through the whole Owners Manual and couldn't find anything about it except for the bulb type and number.

Side note, has to be one of the worst owners manuals I've run across.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This setting option does not exist on XL, maybe only on XLT and above. I have also noticed this oversight since my Tacoma has a nice toggle switch, very tactile feel click click on/off.
I didn’t realize that. I do have the Lariat edition.

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just keep getting out to look if it's on or off. I sat in the back and handed out candy on Halloween and the light would turn off after about 15 mins.
Battery Saver feature.

Sponsored

bagman51

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer XLT 2011 Mustang Convertible
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The cargo lamp PLUS the led bed lamp is also on (if equipped) and comes on with dash switch or a door open.
Run a pilot light wire from the cargo lamp feed to a small dash mounted led installed in line of sight. Tuck a Feed wire under headliner at door weather strips and front “A” pillar trim. The cargo lamp will likely be a BCM controlled function so, without a wiring diagram, tapping into the cargo lamp is the simplest way to find a source. IMO

bensonrufus

First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator jeep
Sincerely, not until now I didn't know the bed light does not have indicator. Please update us about whatever the salesman says

Pudakis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My bed light turns off automatically once I start driving.
Sponsored