Vehicle(s)
beater truck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bed dimensions measurements appear to be:

Bed length (tailgate closed) - 53"
Bed width - 52.5"
Bed width (between wheel wells) - 42.5"

Measurements, pics, video & comments all by @peekaypee1 (y)

The Trainer was here training and I had a chance to scope the outside with some measurements, and sit and view the inside. 3 things which immediatedly stood out by me.

1. The truck's bed is pretty much a square size, but is very durable and strong feeling. I got in it, walked around on it, measured, banged and pulled on the hooks, panels, floor. Lol. but, I definitely feel it's worthy of Ford's slogan..."Built Ford Tough"
2. The skin/body/fenders/panels/hood, or whatever you want to call them, seemed thin and lightweight...sort of flimsy. My feeling is this is what is happening all over with vehicle manufacture's making cars/trucks lighter today, by making the gauge of their sheet metal slightly thinner...I noticed it on the Maverick. I did, however, walk around to a new Ranger and new F150 at the Dealership in between and made comparisons. They also felt almost as flimsy and light as the Maverick in most places along thier bodies.
3. The interior door handle-grabs felt great! I Like their style/feel/convenience/durability..they offer a nice design.
Ford Maverick Bed length / width measurements + awesome Area 51 XLT Maverick pics & video Area 51 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid 2.0L 6

Ford Maverick Bed length / width measurements + awesome Area 51 XLT Maverick pics & video Area 51 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid 2.0L 2

Ford Maverick Bed length / width measurements + awesome Area 51 XLT Maverick pics & video Area 51 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid 2.0L 3

Ford Maverick Bed length / width measurements + awesome Area 51 XLT Maverick pics & video Area 51 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid 2.0L 1

Ford Maverick Bed length / width measurements + awesome Area 51 XLT Maverick pics & video Area 51 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid 2.0L 5

Ford Maverick Bed length / width measurements + awesome Area 51 XLT Maverick pics & video Area 51 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid 2.0L 4

Ford Maverick Bed length / width measurements + awesome Area 51 XLT Maverick pics & video Interior Ford Maverick XLT hybrid 2.0L 11

Ford Maverick Bed length / width measurements + awesome Area 51 XLT Maverick pics & video Interior Ford Maverick XLT hybrid 2.0L 12

Ford Maverick Bed length / width measurements + awesome Area 51 XLT Maverick pics & video Bed Length Measurement Dimension Ford Maverick XLT hybrid 2.0L 7

Ford Maverick Bed length / width measurements + awesome Area 51 XLT Maverick pics & video Bed Length Measurement Dimension Ford Maverick XLT hybrid 2.0L 8

Ford Maverick Bed length / width measurements + awesome Area 51 XLT Maverick pics & video Bed Width Measurement Dimension Ford Maverick XLT hybrid 2.0L 8

Ford Maverick Bed length / width measurements + awesome Area 51 XLT Maverick pics & video Bed Width Measurement Dimension Ford Maverick XLT hybrid 2.0L 9

Ford Maverick Bed length / width measurements + awesome Area 51 XLT Maverick pics & video Bed Width Measurement Dimension Ford Maverick XLT hybrid 2.0L 10

Ford Maverick Bed length / width measurements + awesome Area 51 XLT Maverick pics & video Bed Width Measurement Dimension Ford Maverick XLT hybrid 2.0L 11

Ford Maverick Bed length / width measurements + awesome Area 51 XLT Maverick pics & video Height to door Area 51 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid 2.0L 1

Ford Maverick Bed length / width measurements + awesome Area 51 XLT Maverick pics & video Height Area 51 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid 2.0L 1

Ford Maverick Bed length / width measurements + awesome Area 51 XLT Maverick pics & video Special wheels Area 51 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid 2.0L 1

Ford Maverick Bed length / width measurements + awesome Area 51 XLT Maverick pics & video Wheels Area 51 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid 2.0L 1

Ford Maverick Bed length / width measurements + awesome Area 51 XLT Maverick pics & video Suspension springs Area 51 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid 2.0L 1

Ford Maverick Bed length / width measurements + awesome Area 51 XLT Maverick pics & video Suspension Area 51 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid 2.0L 1

Ford Maverick Bed length / width measurements + awesome Area 51 XLT Maverick pics & video Tow Hitch Area 51 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid 2.0L 1

Ford Maverick Bed length / width measurements + awesome Area 51 XLT Maverick pics & video Undercarriage Underbody Maverick XLT hybrid 2.0L 1

VIDEO CLIP

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the pics and measurements they’re very helpful.

Last edited:

AlienMaverick

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks for some more shots of Area 51 outside, it reminds of classic ford blue And I‘m patiently waiting for my a51 Mav after I removed spray in bed liner today. :)

shark978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
canyon
Engine
Undecided
It's weird I measured my 08 Canyon (very small truck) regular cab at from the ground to the frame at the door and it was about 15 inches. Again this is a very small and low riding truck compared to todays monsters if you dont know what a last gen canyon/colorado looks like.

I remember looking up the ground clearance on my Canyon and the Maverick had a little more. So I was pleased by that.

But it's weird that my Canyon would sit three inches higher yet have less ground clearance. I'm guessing maybe the ground clearance on my Canyon is basically limited by the front plastic air damn and not the actual underside of the truck? I'll have to look at it again as I didn't check that.

The good thing is the Mav going 3" lower and also ~2" taller according to other in person measurements (around 5'6" for the Maverick height reported, vs ~5'4" my Canyon measured by me) means in theory that's 5 more inches of height for a hecka spacious cab and lots of head room, one assumes! That's a huge amount of height.

One other measurement I did last night that I remember on my Canyon (regular cab, 6 foot bed I assume) was ~7'10" to the end of the tailgate opened and laid flat. Checks out. I cant exactly remember the width of my bed, I believe it was a little more obviously.

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those wheels look good on that color Maverick. Thanks for the measurements, very helpful as I make plans in my head.

Sponsored

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98
It's weird I measured my 08 Canyon (very small truck) regular cab at from the ground to the frame at the door and it was about 15 inches. Again this is a very small and low riding truck compared to todays monsters if you dont know what a last gen canyon/colorado looks like.

I remember looking up the ground clearance on my Canyon and the Maverick had a little more. So I was pleased by that.

But it's weird that my Canyon would sit three inches higher yet have less ground clearance. I'm guessing maybe the ground clearance on my Canyon is basically limited by the front plastic air damn and not the actual underside of the truck? I'll have to look at it again as I didn't check that.

The good thing is the Mav going 3" lower and also ~2" taller according to other in person measurements (around 5'6" for the Maverick height reported, vs ~5'4" my Canyon measured by me) means in theory that's 5 more inches of height for a hecka spacious cab and lots of head room, one assumes! That's a huge amount of height.

One other measurement I did last night that I remember on my Canyon (regular cab, 6 foot bed I assume) was ~7'10" to the end of the tailgate opened and laid flat. Checks out. I cant exactly remember the width of my bed, I believe it was a little more obviously.
I think the Canyon is body on frame as opposed to the unibody Mav. That would explain the door height/ clearance differences.

Jerry F

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know the measurement from the ground to the seat,where you sit?

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Trailer connector plate almost seems like an after thought where they have the ford emblem and part numbers all upside down

Sponsored

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98
I'm no expert on the subject but will attempt to explain.
With body on frame the passenger compartment is bolted on top of a structural frame.
With unibody the passenger compartment, and the rest of the body, is the structure. There are large frame-like beams under there to be sure, but the floor is the last thing between you and the road.
Therefore, the bottom of the door can be closer to the ground for a given clearance. I think.

There are a bunch of other things that determine ground clearance too. Hopefully someone here can shine a little more light on the matter.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Trailer connector plate almost seems like an after thought where they have the ford emblem and part numbers all upside down
The upside down instructions or for blonde installers

Last edited:

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Did you get a tailgate down, full length measurement ?
6'7" As measured during the LIVE event from Long McArthur Ford youtube channel.
Sponsored