First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got a second bed cubby for my xlt. The install should be strait forward. My only issue is when the spray in liner was installed they sprayed over the tie downs... How can I take out the tie down without ruining the spray in liner?
Ford Maverick Bed cubby install? (updated) PXL_20220928_164447668_2

Update....

Cubby installed!! Used a razor and cut around the bolts on the tie down. The spray in popped off the top of them. I then cut around the tie down and was able to unscrew and pull it off without causing much damage to the spray in! You can tell they didn't remove the original blank cover when they in stalled the spray in.

Ford Maverick Bed cubby install? (updated) PXL_20220929_183802066

Ford Maverick Bed cubby install? (updated) PXL_20220929_183707206
Sponsored

Last edited:

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just got a second bed cubby for my xlt. The install should be strait forward. My only issue is when the spray in liner was installed they sprayed over the tie downs... How can I take out the tie down without ruining the spray in liner?
PXL_20220928_164447668_2.jpg
You can’t but, always a but…. You can buy a can of Spray in bed liner, or a can of roll on bed liner to make it look good again.

OP
OP
Scupking

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can’t but, always a but…. You can buy a can of Spray in bed liner, or a can of roll on bed liner to make it look good again.
So no way just to cut around it with a razor? I don't care about the spray in on the tie down itself.

Cromwell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

A couple of Google results suggest a good utility knife.

Ford Maverick Bed cubby install? (updated) 0BE8FC1F-BE48-417D-B693-8719E92439C9

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yeah I mean you could just undo the bolts and pull it out? or, like you've already suggested yourself, cutting close around the tiedown, being sure that when you reinstall it, you place it in the same place

Sponsored

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What I will say is the installers for your spray-in should have removed all of the bed hardware prior to spraying, moot point now but it's not going to be difficult for you to remove the tiedowns and, if you do that messily, respray with a rattle can of bedliner

Allen King Jr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 C-Max phev, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2023 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Take an impact socket and use high torque to remove bolts, then replace with new bolts, if you do go this route, use a slight amount of anti-seize to seal the connection to negate water intrusion.

bentley72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you get an open ended wrench on the cubby bolt?

OP
OP
Scupking

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you get an open ended wrench on the cubby bolt?
Yeah I should be able to remove the cubby bolts and cover without a problem. It's that I have seen videos saying you need to remove the tie down to install the cubby.

bentley72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah I should be able to remove the cubby bolts and cover without a problem. It's that I have seen videos saying you need to remove the tie down to install the cubby.
Now that I think about it, you’re right. I couldn’t get the cubby in without removing it 😕

Sponsored

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yeah there's quite a few writeups on the bed cubby install, that tiedown has to come out.

make sure not to overtighten the cubby bolts, the thin plastic splits under pressure easily

Phileaux

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge SEL fwd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What I will say is the installers for your spray-in should have removed all of the bed hardware prior to spraying, moot point now but it's not going to be difficult for you to remove the tiedowns and, if you do that messily, respray with a rattle can of bedliner
In theory yes but they would have to use sacrificial bolts to protect threaded holes THEN reinstall hardware. They should have asked, probably more $.

OP
OP
Scupking

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In theory yes but they would have to use sacrificial bolts to protect threaded holes THEN reinstall hardware. They should have asked, probably more $.
The dealer is the one that did the liner. They didn't ask. Other than that they did a good job. My cousin that has a 2022 f-150 said my liner is much better than his factory liner.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yeah I mean you could just undo the bolts and pull it out? or, like you've already suggested yourself, cutting close around the tiedown, being sure that when you reinstall it, you place it in the same place
And by doing it that way you have a better chance of not ripping the bed liner triggering a trip to the shop that did the liner(hope it's not factory)

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am still waiting for my Maverick. Is the factory spray in liner over the anchors and cubby cover?
Sponsored