Sponsored

Because I have to amuse myself with the stupidity of it all...

Spartan_J

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Chevy Spark
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sent the following to [email protected] yesterday:

Good afternoon Customer service-

Let me preface this by saying I’m not expecting any actual “customer service” so you are off the hook. Feel free to stop reading now. Nothing beyond this point is going to move anyone at Ford to action.

I placed a Maverick order on June 14th, 2021. We were told at the time to expect deliver in mid-to-late fall. But COVID created trying times and waiting on new vehicle is completely inconsequential to the real problems our world is facing. I could wait. And despite being assured that those of us that ordered right after the banks opened would receive our trucks…I continue to.

I actually work in healthcare supply chain, so I understand the current restraints and logistical problems. I however would love to see the following questions answered.

• Does the team in charge of scheduling have access to a computer running anything more recent than Windows ’95?
  • If not, could a The Price is Right big wheel be fabricated to speed up said scheduling process??
  • How many Mavericks of my identical build (nothing over the top) are currently being driven by folks that ordered after me? (My guess…almost all of them.)
  • Once it was determined that those in charge of the scheduling process may have been in over their heads…were they then promoted to the customer communication team??? (That email today is a real doozy. A whole lot of words to essentially give your own customers the double-bird. Bold move, Ford!)
  • If anyone reads this email; will they “understand my frustration” or “assure me that everything is being done to complete my order”? (For the record, I probably won’t trust either answer but was hoping that it may prod someone into a bit of transparency. I would really appreciate something like “You didn’t hear it from me, but William Clay Ford VII is in charge of the scheduling and the dude can barely read…”)
  • I am a Ford guy. I was anticipating the announcement of the Maverick for over six months. This process is Business 101 on how to lose customers. Over promise. Under deliver. What say you? (I know, I know, I know…”We here at Ford understand your frustration….”

I look forward to reading your automated response and quietly muttering assorted curse words under my breath.

I hope you have a wonderful Independence Day. I will be personally celebrating the 2nd anniversary of my Maverick deposit being independent from my bank account.

Regards,

THE RESPONSE:
Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company and congratulations on your order of our 2022 Maverick! We are just as excited as you are to receive your new vehicle and welcome you to the Ford family. The Maverick is flexible, fun, affordable and the North American truck of the year. While you wait for your order of our 2022 Maverick, we appreciate your patience and want to reassure you that the wait will be worthwhile.

To discuss any concerns that you have about your 2022 Maverick, you will need to get in contact with the dealership where your order was placed. They will be able to provide you with information about the order and estimated time frame for the delivery of your order when that information becomes available.

Sincerely,

E
Sponsored

UncleDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fusion
Dude great letter. I have tried to write one like it, but I go a little over the top with my sarcasms.
My Maverick has been built since 6/18 and still sitting in Hermosillo.
Not that it would matter even if it got on a rail car,, as there are no truck drivers to go between the rail yard and my dealer.
I am so beyond frustrated at this point.

Oh ya go STATE!