Sponsored

Be prepared for 2023 Maverick price increases. 2023 Lightning prices just increased significantly

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I doubt the Maverick goes up much more at launch. Batteries are going to be expensive with the increased demand from the new tax break, and the Maverick has fewer. Maybe another $500 or so on the hybrid to make it more expensive than the Ecoboost.
That's been my feeling all along. Remember when they excluded the Hybrid from the now defunct (For Mavericks) 2.9% APR incentive? They sent a message then, they were going to discourage hybrid sales. Pricing them either on par with the EB or slightly more would be the next step.

We'll see on September 15 or whatever day it happens.

Rillem

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Nissan Versa
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can’t according to the ford website. Ford chat didn’t help either. Calling my dealer and then ford.
The first and second waves are for reservation holders that were invited to order but extended their reservations due to Pro or XLT trims being unavailable. Wave 3 for previously uninvited reservations will start in September.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have to say those are some really crappy range numbers for the base Lightening. Real world numbers will be lower, load that truck up with materials plus towing a trailer and 4 guys in the truck heading to a job site and needing that truck all day to move materials around that battery will be dead by lunchtime. I dunno, sorry EV enthusiasts but I do not see a work truck with a 230 mile range in a perfect world a replacement for an ICE or hybrid.

Just because there is a segment of society screaming for EV's in everyone's garage is not going to make it so. The range, chip shortage, battery shortage, supply chain issues, worker shortage, inflation, recession or stagflation is a pretty thick stacked deck to be going up against. Everyone fighting tooth and nail for limited resources does not help either

Sponsored

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have to say those are some really crappy range numbers for the base Lightening. Real world numbers will be lower, load that truck up with materials plus towing a trailer and 4 guys in the truck heading to a job site and needing that truck all day to move materials around that battery will be dead by lunchtime. I dunno, sorry EV enthusiasts but I do not see a work truck with a 230 mile range in a perfect world a replacement for an ICE or hybrid.
Yeah range is a serious issue when towing https://insideevs.com/news/596285/f...andard battery, the,while towing a heavy load.

I guess it depends on your situation. We have a family friend who has one on order, specifically to tow his $150k boat. But, most of the lakes are within ~30 miles. For a work truck, I suspect it won't fit the needs of a lot of people.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah range is a serious issue when towing https://insideevs.com/news/596285/ford-f150-lightning-towing-airstream/#:~:text=With the standard battery, the,while towing a heavy load.

I guess it depends on your situation. We have a family friend who has one on order, specifically to tow his $150k boat. But, most of the lakes are within ~30 miles. For a work truck, I suspect it won't fit the needs of a lot of people.
Yep should work for him. Best of luck to him. I am looking at the work truck from a contractor's perspective as the old Chevy W/T trucks were targeted at that segment. From my experience on most jobs our one truck was running all day with a kid hauling whatever all around the job. In this scenario I just don't see it happening.

And yes, just as a trailer will take mpg from 19 down to 7 or so, that battery will be flatter than a flounder in no time. That 230 can easily go under 100.

waitingonford

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The first and second waves are for reservation holders that were invited to order but extended their reservations due to Pro or XLT trims being unavailable. Wave 3 for previously uninvited reservations will start in September.
I’m the previously uninvited. 8/29/21 reservation. Good thing I ordered a maverick as well. I was thinking ford might do something goofy with the Lightning.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They can all keep their EV's, I don't want any part of that stuff.

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Look I'm thrilled that I got mine for $19,995 and it was a huge bargain for that. I'm also a realist, even if starting price was 23,995 or $24,995 it would still be a good deal. I would not be shocked at all if price is jacked by 3,000 to $5,000 depending on the model

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The 2023 F150 Lightning price increases were announced today and the least expensive model went up $7,000 or 17.5% . The higher trim levels also went up $7,000 which was a smaller percentage. That makes sense because dealers could sell them above MSRP and Ford wants a piece of that pie.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...d-price-is-live-5000-increase-in-price.11626/

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...der-banks-re-open-with-updated-pricing.11628/
On thin ice. When the bubble bursts...............

DetMav13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL

Just because there is a segment of society screaming for EV's in everyone's garage is not going to make it so. The range, chip shortage, battery shortage, supply chain issues, worker shortage, inflation, recession or stagflation is a pretty thick stacked deck to be going up against. Everyone fighting tooth and nail for limited resources does not help either
just depends on the use case. If towing and/or lots of highway driving is required, it’s not the best option. Just about every other scenario, it’s perfect / more than enough. Payload doesn't seem to have as much of an impact on range.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Prices are going up across the board, no doubt.

My MY2022 that “might” arrive by October will be instantly worth more than my July 2021 price lock.

Silver lining I guess.

djw479

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I read this entire thread and thought I'd link a Motor Trend article that discusses towing different weight trailers with a Lightning. As some have stated, the range pummels when towing.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/ford-f150-lightning-electric-truck-towing-test/

I'm just sticking my toe into all this electrification of vehicles with a Maverick Hybrid. I got my drivers license in the early 1970s and have enjoyed the roar of many V8s in my life (first car was a 1966 Nova with a 6500RPM 400HP-ish small block). Right now buying a EV is not for me, but in the years ahead...who knows?

Hopefully the EV boom will lead to reduced EV surcharges in the decade ahead, but the US needs to build a wide-reaching EV recharging network before I'm jumping on the EV bandwagon. So I'm taking baby steps later in my life.
Sponsored

Last edited: