Sponsored

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple ford cars and a truck
Engine
Undecided
Oh and as far as the bap wheels go, I’ll put snow tires on them and just make a set of these for summer…
Ford Maverick BAP Black Appearance Package 2023 Maverick spotted! Front, Back & Interior! 📸 803BDD60-BAAC-4816-9FB1-51F362502755
Sponsored

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Disappointed with the BAP for the XLT; the Ford photos were really misleading in the B&P and Package Guide. Shame on them. However, I dislike the BlueJean Seats, Orange Bits, and White Door panels of the XLT Trim... and my wife would never accept the vinyl seats of the Lariat. So will do BAP in the XLT.

Sponsored

TpaTruck

Disappointed with the BAP for the XLT; the Ford photos were really misleading in the B&P and Package Guide. Shame on them. However, I dislike the BlueJean Seats, Orange Bits, and White Door panels of the XLT Trim... and my wife would never accept the vinyl seats of the Lariat. So will do BAP in the XLT.
You know you're about the hundredth person to complain about the BAP being misrepresented in their package guide. I would think there's some sort of false advertisement lawsuit that could be brought against them for this. I mean if we back out of buying the truck, can they be sued anyway, or do we have to buy the truck and then sue them? I find it horrendous as well and some sort of justice needs to come out of it.

Anyone in the law field want to chime in, please do! I'm all for being part of a suit to make Ford listen and take responsibility for their misrepresentation!

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those remind me of the caps you get on the top of your milk containers, just pull the silly looking tab on top and it'll peel right off so you can pour your Ford milk 😂
Umm ok

Sponsored

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks super cheap and just ruins the lines of the OEM grill design. Looks like an afterthought, super ugly.

You're going to tell me you think this looks nice??

s-l1600.jpg
I also do not like the look of this...Like the concept but not the execution. I was talking with my 'detailer' yesterday on ideas of how to most effectively and professionally black out the front and rear Ford ovals, to include the chrome ring/trim. Yes, I know Plastidip is an option and is what I may end up doing...

These are the 'right' answer but look at that price tag....

https://emblem-city.com/products/2022-ford-maverick-black-emblem-set-gloss-flat

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks super cheap and just ruins the lines of the OEM grill design. Looks like an afterthought, super ugly.

You're going to tell me you think this looks nice??

s-l1600.jpg
God yes - Cover that chrome nastiness !

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also do not like the look of this...Like the concept but not the execution. I was talking with my 'detailer' yesterday on ideas of how to most effectively and professionally black out the front and rear Ford ovals, to include the chrome ring/trim. Yes, I know Plastidip is an option and is what I may end up doing...

These are the 'right' answer but look at that price tag....

https://emblem-city.com/products/2022-ford-maverick-black-emblem-set-gloss-flat
Compare that to the results with a $15 can of plastidip which will last a long time and can easily be repaired or redone with the same can if needed and tell me which one looks like it came from the factory and which one looks like it came from wish.com:

Ford Maverick BAP Black Appearance Package 2023 Maverick spotted! Front, Back & Interior! 📸 front badge plastidi

Ford Maverick BAP Black Appearance Package 2023 Maverick spotted! Front, Back & Interior! 📸 s-l1600

Ford Maverick BAP Black Appearance Package 2023 Maverick spotted! Front, Back & Interior! 📸 rear badge plastidi

Last edited:

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Compare that to the results with a $15 can of plastidip which will last a long time and can easily be repaired or redone with the same can if needed and tell me which one looks like it came from the factory and which one looks like it came from wish.com:

front badge plastidip.jpg

rear badge plastidip.jpg
For sure...no argument here!

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
God yes - Cover that chrome nastiness !
No thanks on the wish.com weird looking piece, I'll stick with plastidip which looks factory, is way way cheaper and doesn't look strange. With that expensive plastic you're still stuck with chrome on the emblem and the blue background unless you pay money for two vinyl stickers. Now you're probably $60 in when you could have gotten a better result with a $15 can of plastidip.
Sponsored