Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Update:

Here's how easy the extender is to use and how secure the BakFlip cover secures your bed items. Hope this helps. *Please watch the second video on what to look out for to make sure your cover is water tight.

I have the Bakflip MX4 cover installed with the Ford Bed Extender and it works great. When the cover is closed, the extender while inside the bed has roughly 2 inches to spare. The height inside the bed with the cover shut is a tight 18 1/2 inches from top of the cover to the base of the bed. The extender is extremely light weight and "installs" with ease. Simply raise to a 45 degree angle where the insert is and it slide right in and out. Hope this helps for anyone looking to maximize their storage/hauling needs.

Ford Maverick BakFlip MX4 bed cover with Ford Bed Extender - Yes, they work together (pics + video) 1 closed cover extender

Ford Maverick BakFlip MX4 bed cover with Ford Bed Extender - Yes, they work together (pics + video) 2 closed extend

Ford Maverick BakFlip MX4 bed cover with Ford Bed Extender - Yes, they work together (pics + video) 3 non extend

Ford Maverick BakFlip MX4 bed cover with Ford Bed Extender - Yes, they work together (pics + video) 4 open

Ford Maverick BakFlip MX4 bed cover with Ford Bed Extender - Yes, they work together (pics + video) 5 closed inside view

Ford Maverick BakFlip MX4 bed cover with Ford Bed Extender - Yes, they work together (pics + video) 6 extender mount

Ford Maverick BakFlip MX4 bed cover with Ford Bed Extender - Yes, they work together (pics + video) 7 extender attachment
Sponsored

Last edited:

MtnLuv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you order the cover from the dealer did you go straight through Bakflip

Fx4hOok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the Bakflip MX4 cover installed with the Ford Bed Extender and it works great. When the cover is closed, the extender while inside the bed has roughly 2 inches to spare. The height inside the bed with the cover shut is a tight 18 1/2 inches from top of the cover to the base of the bed. The extender is extremely light weight and "installs" with ease. Simply raise to a 45 degree angle where the insert is and it slide right in and out. Hope this helps for anyone looking to maximize their storage/hauling needs.

1 closed cover extender.jpg

2 closed extend.jpg

3 non extend.jpg

4 open.jpg

5 closed inside view.jpg

6 extender mount.jpg

7 extender attachment.jpg
So your bakflip water tub goes inside the bed ? Everything must get wet then....

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not drilling holes like that. This is why I opted for the Bak Revolver X4s. No need to drill holes for a drain.

It looks good though! :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
So your bakflip water tub goes inside the bed ? Everything must get wet then....
There are already holes on the side of the bed. No drilling was required. Water is drained to beneath the truck. Not in the bed. However when I am looking at the rubbing seal along the cover, I really don't see how water can sneak in.

bcording

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariat Hybrid
There are already holes on the side of the bed. No drilling was required. Water is drained to beneath the truck. Not in the bed. However when I am looking at the rubbing seal along the cover, I really don't see how water can sneak in.
Could you provide a picture of how/where you routed it?

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well that is great info. That was one of the reasons I didn't do the Bakflip. Glad to see those are in stock. SWEET! Thanks for the pics and the info!

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Great video. Thanks. I felt I had absolutely no need for the Extender. Seeing it extended and then stored, I liked it. Appreciate the post.

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Looks like the extender is secured by the tie downs on the tailgat. If this is true, I don’t think it is compatible with with the tailgate dampener as the install replaces the driver side tie down with just a metal plate.
I'm not 100% sure since I don't have a Maverick yet but I don't believe you are correct. There shouldn't be any problems with having BOTH in use.

In the snapshot below, the Extender is inside of the tailgate box or frame: NOTE YELLOW CIRCLE

The damper is outside the box and fastens just below the tailgate cable and to the tailgate itself. NOTE RED CIRCLE

Ford Maverick BakFlip MX4 bed cover with Ford Bed Extender - Yes, they work together (pics + video) Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 16.08.16

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doing that MX4 with its powder coated aluminum panels too so thanks for this. The Revolver X4 has a vinyl top over the aluminum slats that will never hold up to the southwest heat and sun.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not 100% sure since I don't have a Maverick yet but I don't believe you are correct. There shouldn't be any problems with having BOTH in use.

In the snapshot below, the Extender is inside of the tailgate box or frame: NOTE YELLOW CIRCLE

The damper is outside the box and fastens just below the tailgate cable and to the tailgate itself. NOTE RED CIRCLE
I was concerned with the strap connection points on the tie downs located on the tailgate itself. After watching your video again I’ll be fine as the belts snap into a different location on the tailgate, not to the tie down itself.

Benjamin94

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Update:

Here's how easy the extender is to use and how secure the BakFlip cover secures your bed items. Hope this helps.

1 closed cover extender.jpg

2 closed extend.jpg

3 non extend.jpg

4 open.jpg

5 closed inside view.jpg

6 extender mount.jpg

7 extender attachment.jpg
I was thinking about getting the bed extender but your video completely sold me. The way it can just flip in to store and you still have plenty of room was a great move by Ford. Excellent video and congrats on the Maverick!
Sponsored