PlayBall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F150 XL, 2WD, 8Ft Bed
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Going over the install directions for the hard folding bed cover and the directions show having to remove the bed liner to route the bed cover drain tubes (2) to the holes in the bed through which the tubes drain. It's a factory installed Ford Maverick OEM bed liner and it looks like a lot of work to remove just to locate where the tubes are supposed to exit the bed??? Anyone had any experience with this? I was hoping the bed liner had cut-outs marked to just cut the 1" diameter hole in the bed liner where the holes in the bed are located! Tks in advance for any help on this.
Sponsored

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Going over the install directions for the hard folding bed cover and the directions show having to remove the bed liner to route the bed cover drain tubes (2) to the holes in the bed through which the tubes drain. It's a factory installed Ford Maverick OEM bed liner and it looks like a lot of work to remove just to locate where the tubes are supposed to exit the bed??? Anyone had any experience with this? I was hoping the bed liner had cut-outs marked to just cut the 1" diameter hole in the bed liner where the holes in the bed are located! Tks in advance for any help on this.
You also have "2" other holes for drainage located at very frt of bed on far right and far left corner of bed, they are hard to see but they are there and i have the "Ford" tri/fold and my tubes on each side hung strait down on each side . This allowed better drainage and the tubes slid right through the little hole in the corner of the bed !

OP
OP
PlayBall

PlayBall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F150 XL, 2WD, 8Ft Bed
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tks - Long MacArthur has a You Tube video showing the install of a Ford OEM hard folding bed cover very similar to the BakFlip. The Maverick in the video did not have a drop-in bed liner so the holes in the bed where the drain tubes were run were visible. Recommend this video for the DIY installer.
Sponsored