Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I posted this on another thread but I used J-B Weld Plastic Bonder in black to permanently attach the plastic caps on the end. I think it's a much better option than just using some super glue.
JB Weld.jpg
Will do the same at some point.

Do you have any issues with the tailgate ‘hitting’ the back edge of the cover?
Sponsored

kmish203

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Will do the same at some point.

Do you have any issues with the tailgate ‘hitting’ the back edge of the cover?
I can't say I've experienced that. Maybe your cover isn't pushed as far back up against the window as it should be? My tailgate has a snug fit with the seal on the back of the cover but I haven't had it hit the back of the cover.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I can't say I've experienced that. Maybe your cover isn't pushed as far back up against the window as it should be? My tailgate has a snug fit with the seal on the back of the cover but I haven't had it hit the back of the cover.
It actually seems too close to the window. Seal is up under it, side rubber is even curved up some. When closed it is touching the seal on the back, but not aggressively.
But I like that thought, something to look at.

Smooth_criminal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 ford f100, 2022 Ford Maverick ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
3146B654-105D-4036-98D6-0457A2E5ABB6.jpeg
Can see it from the end, without taking anything off. About 3 or 4 on each of my rails.
There are no shims on mine.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought I would just a few of the corners on my X4s Rollup cover. Once I received replacement tabs for the rear I've been very pleased with it. However, just can't say how water resistant it is because I haven't my Maverick out in the rain and when I last washed it I forgot to check for water leaks. 😅
Ford Maverick Bak Revolver X4S Hard Rollup Installed on Lariat Hybrid - impressions review 20220805_112045
Ford Maverick Bak Revolver X4S Hard Rollup Installed on Lariat Hybrid - impressions review 20220805_112031

Smooth_criminal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 ford f100, 2022 Ford Maverick ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting. Thanks for checking.
Your gaps are fine where rubber part runs down the rail?
Your rail look different than mine.

Ford Maverick Bak Revolver X4S Hard Rollup Installed on Lariat Hybrid - impressions review 3146B654-105D-4036-98D6-0457A2E5ABB6

Ford Maverick Bak Revolver X4S Hard Rollup Installed on Lariat Hybrid - impressions review 20220805_150346

Ford Maverick Bak Revolver X4S Hard Rollup Installed on Lariat Hybrid - impressions review 20220805_150500

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I thought I would just a few of the corners on my X4s Rollup cover. Once I received replacement tabs for the rear I've been very pleased with it. However, just can't say how water resistant it is because I haven't my Maverick out in the rain and when I last washed it I forgot to check for water leaks. 😅
20220805_112045.jpg
20220805_112031.jpg
I like where the back lines up. Based on the front, is the inside part (at the front) touching the front of the bed box?

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Your rail look different than mine.
Yeah, definitely no foam shims on yours. The rest of looks the same. I took my pic with the cover latched.
I’m thinking of taking the foam off. Just concerned that will ‘widen’ were the cover unrolls onto the rail, leaving too much of a gap for the locking part to engage.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like where the back lines up. Based on the front, is the inside part (at the front) touching the front of the bed box?
Here's a few more pictures, hopefully the answer you seek is in one of them 🧐🙂
Ford Maverick Bak Revolver X4S Hard Rollup Installed on Lariat Hybrid - impressions review 20220805_143856
Ford Maverick Bak Revolver X4S Hard Rollup Installed on Lariat Hybrid - impressions review 20220805_143909
Ford Maverick Bak Revolver X4S Hard Rollup Installed on Lariat Hybrid - impressions review 20220805_144013
Ford Maverick Bak Revolver X4S Hard Rollup Installed on Lariat Hybrid - impressions review 20220805_144038

Sponsored

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Here's a few more pictures, hopefully the answer you seek is in one of them 🧐🙂
Thank you. It help, but also raises a question. What is the thing at the lead edge of your bed, that is hanging down the front edge? Looks like a flange or seal of some kind.
Circled in red
Ford Maverick Bak Revolver X4S Hard Rollup Installed on Lariat Hybrid - impressions review 55716710-4C9D-49F5-BDB7-3195357BF3D9

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

After a bunch of playing around this evening, it is much better. Thank you to all that provided feedback, all of it helped!

This is what I did (in case anyone else has my issues):
1. Moved the foam spacers to the bottom of the rails. To get it to tip up, instead of down. Figured I’d try this before just removing them.
2. Fiddled with the clamps to make sure the rail stayed tipped up slightly. I learned this from the Truxedo Pro X15 instructions (I tried that one first and didn’t like it). This and #1 helped so tailgate didn’t hit the cover.
3. Used some of the left over thick bed seal and put on the front edge of the rail were there already is that seal (lead edge of where the cover mounts). This helped to space the rails away from the front of the bed, so back of rail is closer to the gate. This helped so the cover’s latches didn’t rub so much on the levers for the rail ‘lock’.
4. Seal on the driver’s side didn’t completly fit under the rear glass, which caused a hump there on the side, so I shaved a couple of the high spots. Fits better.

The rear could be lowered a little, but that will have to be another day. Will consider moving the rails further back; they are now right at the front edge of the tailgate when closed, not over the tailgate.
I‘ll consider these when I put the tailgate seal on. Definitely will need that, to help try to help keep water from entering at the back corners. In addition to its true purpose of keeping most of the dust out of the bed.

Not sure why all of us got different rail placement. In these modern times, shouldn’t have so many tolerance difference.

BTW - my box says my cover was made 7/20/2022, so you would think it had all the latest. So maybe the foam spacers are a new thing? And maybe in the wrong place (should have been on bottom). Since the bed caps look like a right angle to me, I would think the spacers aren’t needed at all. Which is the case with some of you here; and had no issues. Hmmm

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you. It help, but also raises a question. What is the thing at the lead edge of your bed, that is hanging down the front edge? Looks like a flange or seal of some kind.
Circled in red
55716710-4C9D-49F5-BDB7-3195357BF3D9.jpeg
I believe that it's part of the cover. I don't recall it being there before I put the cover on. Unfortunately I don't have the installation instructions to confirm that.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I believe that it's part of the cover. I don't recall it being there before I put the cover on. Unfortunately I don't have the installation instructions to confirm that.
Well that is odd. Maybe they changed used they type of seal they supply for the bed. Mine was just a squarish piece of foam.

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well that is odd. Maybe they changed used they type of seal they supply for the bed. Mine was just a squarish piece of foam.
I'm just watching from the sidelines while I wait for my '23 to be built (settling in for a long wait). But another variable on fitment might be from interference with the bedliner. From the pictures it looks like @Delzona hooked the front "bumper" of the rails between his DIBL and the bed, and your install looks like you just butted the front "bumper" of the rails against the DIBL.

From my vantage point, the part that you circled in red looks to be the top edge of your DIBL.
Sponsored