First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also, if you order from RealTruck as a member of this group/club you will get about $250 off Ford’s price. Send Alex an email asking for quote for Maverick Truck Club members ([email protected]). He’ll give you specific ordering instructions. I paid $875.
Judging by the way they treat their customers when an order arrives with a part missing, I think I will order elsewhere.
Sponsored

Larz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Judging by the way they treat their customers when an order arrives with a part missing, I think I will order elsewhere.
[/QUOTE
I can understand that.

KenT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah kinda yikes- Hopes its fixed- So what's the major difference between the X4/X4S ?
Per BAK website:
America’s #1 selling hard rolling cover, the Revolver X4s, has new features, including matte black aluminum underbody, integrated safety slat caps, rear corner caps, and more. Other Revolver X4s features include industrial-grade vinyl and matte finished seals and side rail extrusions.

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat TREMOR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have had mine for 2 weeks, already the passenger side at the tailgate end plastic piece has fallen off and no where to be found. Now it’s way easier to get something in there to pop it up.

C15E67E6-81F8-487F-B044-F8E1DAAC6EA0.jpeg
Just installed my BAK x4s last night, this happened to me as well (same side also) - e-mailed the company, I'm not too concerned.

Very easy to install; you could do it solo but my father helped me, as he also helped me install my first tonneau cover 20 years ago - that one involved drilling into the truck bed... :eek:

This BAK cover was muchhh easier; too early to talk about water leakage (because of above issue), but I don't expect it to be 100% anyway.

Hopefully it helps with mileage, I've been averaging around 25-26 MPG so far without it.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

In a video, in another thread, it looks like the end caps get pinched/pressured in the center when rolling up. With reports of the caps coming off, could this be part of the reason? Wondering what X4S owners think.

Also, do you feel the levers, on the tailgate end, get in the way when loading items? When loading sheet goods?

How is the top surface after opening and closing a bunch of times? Have heard there ‘lines’ running side-to-side at the slate gaps, that ‘collect’ dust. Is that true?

Sponsored

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Too many moving parts with this design IMHO.

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just installed my BAK x4s last night, this happened to me as well (same side also) - e-mailed the company, I'm not too concerned.

Very easy to install; you could do it solo but my father helped me, as he also helped me install my first tonneau cover 20 years ago - that one involved drilling into the truck bed... :eek:

This BAK cover was muchhh easier; too early to talk about water leakage (because of above issue), but I don't expect it to be 100% anyway.

Hopefully it helps with mileage, I've been averaging around 25-26 MPG so far without it.
only leaks at the tailgate.

They sent me 3 ends for each side in case it happens again.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Only been a couple days, but you still like your cover?
Taken it at highway speeds yet? Any rattles?
Do the levelers at the tailgate seem to be “in the way”?

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat TREMOR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only been a couple days, but you still like your cover?
Taken it at highway speeds yet? Any rattles?
Do the levelers at the tailgate seem to be “in the way”?
Yes been to highway speeds, no rattles or movement even with the missing corner piece. Company responded and asked for shipping address. I wish someone could develop a better solution for those corner tabs - maybe I'll superglue them on.

Are the levelers the tabs? Nothing seems in the way. Alignment seems a little off at the very front, don't have a pic handy but when I get the replacement tabs I'll adjust slightly. I have to be very forceful when closing the tailgate so it might be a little too close in the back.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes been to highway speeds, no rattles or movement even with the missing corner piece. Company responded and asked for shipping address. I wish someone could develop a better solution for those corner tabs - maybe I'll superglue them on.

Are the levelers the tabs? Nothing seems in the way. Alignment seems a little off at the very front, don't have a pic handy but when I get the replacement tabs I'll adjust slightly. I have to be very forceful when closing the tailgate so it might be a little too close in the back.
Yeah, the tabs at the back that pivot. The cover pushes them down to active the length of rail that pivots into the rubber sides of the cover.

I did see a post, somewhere in this forum, from someone that said they were planning to glue the corner caps down.

Sponsored
OP
OP
adawalli

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
only leaks at the tailgate.

They sent me 3 ends for each side in case it happens again.
Yours only leaks at the tailgate? Can you show some pictures of how yours mates to the back window? I get a fair amount of leakage there. A lot actually

Lord

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick 2011 ford ranger 2.3 xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks to @Realtruck, I was able to get a very nice discount on the Bak Revolver x4s. I installed it tonight on my Alto blue mav and the fit is perfect. I installed the same model on my brother-in-law's f150 last week and I have to say while there is less room to work between the head of the bed and the back window, the seal is much tighter. Ask me anything.

20220524_221406.jpg

20220524_220631.jpg
Is it water tight?

OP
OP
adawalli

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it water tight?
Watertight? Definitely not. It leaks for me at tailgate and near corners closest to windows

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yours only leaks at the tailgate? Can you show some pictures of how yours mates to the back window? I get a fair amount of leakage there. A lot actually
cause I hand wash and don’t spray the water on the back window part. Lol.. You can use some epoxy for the corners.

OP
OP
adawalli

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
cause I hand wash and don’t spray the water on the back window part. Lol.. You can use some epoxy for the corners.
unfortunately, the rain doesn't listen to me all that well when I am driving...
Sponsored