First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have the same issue on mine, they'll send you a new one.

I have them sending me all new side rails after a month back and forth too. Not thrilled with the product based on the cost.
I called and got a ticket number. Still haven’t heard anything yet tho. I know it’s a small piece just didn’t think it would falle off so soon.

why are you getting new side rails?

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Yeah kinda yikes- Hopes its fixed- So what's the major difference between the X4/X4S ?
I think they discontinued the X4? Could be wrong though. I thought the X4s was just a replacement

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
What was wrong with your side rails?

I've got an X4S sitting in my garage while my truck is in production.. maybe in a month or so I can finally install it!
The side rail doesn't even reach the back ledge of the bed. If left about a 3/4" gap that I could stick my fingers through. I know it's not completely water proof but that would've let a lot of water in most likely. First they claimed it was in spec, then told me "Push it all the way back" but there's a riveted back plate that won't allow it to go back any further. And after a month of emails and pictures they finally agreed to send me new rails, but I have to uninstall and install again.

For the price the customer service wasn't great and the quality of material seems good but seems like there's a lack of attention to detail

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
I called and got a ticket number. Still haven’t heard anything yet tho. I know it’s a small piece just didn’t think it would falle off so soon.

why are you getting new side rails?
this is the gap I had, which in my opinion is to large to say "that's in spec".

Ford Maverick Bak Revolver X4S Hard Rollup Installed on Lariat Hybrid - impressions review 1653569627227

Sponsored

harj2022

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Thanks to @Realtruck, I was able to get a very nice discount on the Bak Revolver x4s. I installed it tonight on my Alto blue mav and the fit is perfect. I installed the same model on my brother-in-law's f150 last week and I have to say while there is less room to work between the head of the bed and the back window, the seal is much tighter. Ask me anything.

20220524_221406.jpg

20220524_220631.jpg
I just ordered the same from Real
Thanks to @Realtruck, I was able to get a very nice discount on the Bak Revolver x4s. I installed it tonight on my Alto blue mav and the fit is perfect. I installed the same model on my brother-in-law's f150 last week and I have to say while there is less room to work between the head of the bed and the back window, the seal is much tighter. Ask me anything.

20220524_221406.jpg

20220524_220631.jpg
Just ordered the same from

20220524_221406.jpg

20220524_220631.jpg

I just ordered the same from Realtruck. Their pricing is great.

clofan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
this is the gap I had, which in my opinion is to large to say "that's in spec".

1653569627227.png
Yeah that seems like it would let a ton of water in. From other pics I've seen I thought that peice went nearly flush to the glass

OP
OP
adawalli

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah that seems like it would let a ton of water in. From other pics I've seen I thought that peice went nearly flush to the glass
I don't think you avoid water getting in on Maverick without bed separation. The goal is to push it to the sides so it go into weepholes

OP
OP
adawalli

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also unfortunately, you can't have it go flush because then the back of the rollup will prevent the tailgate closing

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems like many more moving parts, connections, gaps, seals, and things to go wrong. I'm leaning more towards the hardcover trifolds just because they seem much simpler in design.

Sponsored

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Seems like many more moving parts, connections, gaps, seals, and things to go wrong. I'm leaning more towards the hardcover trifolds just because they seem much simpler in design.
That and the lever sticking into the bed that you could get your shirt caught on. When I first saw the X4S, I really wanted it. After much research, I’m now leaning towards the Truxedo Pro X15. The Velcro doesn’t bother much anymore. A friend has a similar designed Gator on his F150 and said that adjusting the Velcro is not a big deal; as well has having to unlatch cover to close the gate. So I tested his cover on his truck, and it made me more at easy about all that. So thinking about much I will open the cover and the Pro being almost half of the BAK (plus the issues in this thread and others), will pull the trigger on the X15 when my Mav starts being built.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Undercover Ultraflex is the one I'm likely to get... should I ever get my Maverick. :(

LWinter

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got my Mav Saturday and installed the Backflip MX4 folding hard cover and I love it so far. My thoughts on folding vs. rolling was the fact that the vast majority of the time, I won't need full bed access, let alone need to drive with all the panels folded up. I, too, wanted the little extra bed access with it folded up, however, when compared to the roll up.

Either way, you can't go wrong. I debated for a long time between the two, but I can say I like the rigidity that comes with the folding tonneau, even if the rolling one is rated to hold the same weight on top.
Based on a previous post the hard roll up extends about 6.5" into the bed. How far does the Backflip MX4 extend into the bed?

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m looking at this or the Tuxedo Sentry CT - leaning towards the CT because not vinyl - canvas, and smaller rails. The Bed Extender works with trifold but not the BAK roll up due to the intrusion into bed roughly 4” at the back for locking tabs. It works, just won’t flip up you need to take out and install under the tabs. CT does not have those tabs + canvas. Otherwise they seem pretty similar - but BAK has A better 5 year warranty.

Looks good, probably not a bad choice on this.
That is good info to know! I have a truck coming next month with the factory bed extender and was going to order this cover but maybe I need to look into the Sentry CT instead

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is good info to know! I have a truck coming next month with the factory bed extender and was going to order this cover but maybe I need to look into the Sentry CT instead
BTW - per Real Truck the Sentry CT does have a 5 year warranty. We pulled the trigger and purchased this - will get here next week. It really does seem to be a nice cover - you just have to latch it after the tailgate is up (can’t closed the tailgate and get a good seal with the top latched down). Good luck
Sponsored