First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks to @Realtruck, I was able to get a very nice discount on the Bak Revolver x4s. I installed it tonight on my Alto blue mav and the fit is perfect. I installed the same model on my brother-in-law's f150 last week and I have to say while there is less room to work between the head of the bed and the back window, the seal is much tighter. Ask me anything.

Ford Maverick Bak Revolver X4S Hard Rollup Installed on Lariat Hybrid - impressions review 20220524_221406

Ford Maverick Bak Revolver X4S Hard Rollup Installed on Lariat Hybrid - impressions review 20220524_220631
Sponsored

OP
OP
adawalli

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

do you like it? Why the roll up vs a trifold?

Sponsored

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love mine, and I got it instead of tri fold cause it’s way easier to roll up, One handed and my kids can do it. Tri fold they would have problems.

OP
OP
adawalli

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tri-folds block your back window when raised - this is a hard rollup (aluminum slats) that can allegedly hold 400lbs of weight. So you get the protection of a tri-fold, with the flush mount of a rollup and the visibility of a rollup. In my opinion, it's the best of all the worlds!

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tri-folds block your back window when raised - this is a hard rollup (aluminum slats) that can allegedly hold 400lbs of weight. So you get the protection of a tri-fold, with the flush mount of a rollup and the visibility of a rollup. In my opinion, it's the best of all the worlds!
I'm debating between the hard roll-up and the tri-fold myself. I was originally all for the hard roll-up, but while you lose visibility in the tri-fold, you can fold it all the way up against the cab so you don't lose any room in the bed in the event you need to use it all. How difficult is the roll-up to remove if you need access to the whole bed?

Sponsored

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks to @Realtruck, I was able to get a very nice discount on the Bak Revolver x4s. I installed it tonight on my Alto blue mav and the fit is perfect. I installed the same model on my brother-in-law's f150 last week and I have to say while there is less room to work between the head of the bed and the back window, the seal is much tighter. Ask me anything.

20220524_221406.jpg

20220524_220631.jpg
Looks great! Does it protect bed contents from rain, car wash, etc.? Does it lock? Looking for something that protects contents
from thieves.

OP
OP
adawalli

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm debating between the hard roll-up and the tri-fold myself. I was originally all for the hard roll-up, but while you lose visibility in the tri-fold, you can fold it all the way up against the cab so you don't lose any room in the bed in the event you need to use it all. How difficult is the roll-up to remove if you need access to the whole bed?
I think it would take me about 5 minutes to remove the rollup, 4 hand tightened screws.

Looks great! Does it protect bed contents from rain, car wash, etc.? Does it lock? Looking for something that protects contents
from thieves.
I haven't put it through the rain/car wash yet, but if youtube reviews of the same rollup can be trusted, than it should keep most everything out. Yes, it locks from inside the tailgate..so if your tailgate is locked, it won't roll up

mistere213

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got my Mav Saturday and installed the Backflip MX4 folding hard cover and I love it so far. My thoughts on folding vs. rolling was the fact that the vast majority of the time, I won't need full bed access, let alone need to drive with all the panels folded up. I, too, wanted the little extra bed access with it folded up, however, when compared to the roll up.

Either way, you can't go wrong. I debated for a long time between the two, but I can say I like the rigidity that comes with the folding tonneau, even if the rolling one is rated to hold the same weight on top.

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for sharing, my first choice would be the roll up so nice to see some reviews

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20220524_221406.jpg

20220524_220631.jpg
Looks Good. Can you show us how the cover meets up against the rear window. Curious how it compares to mine. Thank You !
Sponsored