Sponsored

Back in production after showing as "Built" on the Ford Order Tracking website... Huh?

Frandy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fpdphotos.me
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid: Hot Pepper Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, it's Saturday and I thought I would look at the ordertrack app. My Maverick had displayed as Built, but today...In production. Huh? So, I figured the site was wrong, but then also looked at Ford's order tracking, just to make sure. And, low and behold, Ford now shows it as In Production again.

And though it's Saturday, I figured I'd call the internet sales person I've talked to at my dealer. She answered the phone and looked at the current info she has. It's contradictory, showing in one location "In transit" and in another "In production". Sheesh. She and I figure (and hope), it's a screwup on their part. After all, I saw previously that the modules are populated. I'm happy to say that she went further, checking with the dealership GM, who says it's "received on the ramp" and "not loaded yet, but should be soon" with the same July 9 - July 15 ETA.

Forget the Ford tracking. I'll just call the dealership again next Saturday to see if there is progress, maybe a railcar number.

And now, I'm going for a drive in my 2014 Fusion hybrid. ;-)

Ford Maverick Back in production after showing as "Built" on the Ford Order Tracking website... Huh? Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 12.15.45 PM
Sponsored

Oggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here, I was built on 6/4, and awaiting shipment, now it shows in production…

Xatorius

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is doing the same, I just assumed it was something screwy with it updating to In Transit, like maybe it was ready to roll but they didn't finish loading or something before the weekend.

OP
OP
Frandy

Frandy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fpdphotos.me
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here, I was built on 6/4, and awaiting shipment, now it shows in production…
I'm going to assume the tracker status is wrong.

OP
OP
Frandy

Frandy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fpdphotos.me
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hoping for the best!

Sponsored

Oggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m with you. Unless there is a recall they need to perform, it’s likely a system glitch. I hope.

OP
OP
Frandy

Frandy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fpdphotos.me
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, this morning I called Ford about my truck appearing to be back "In Production" after being "Built" a week or so ago. I questioned the accuracy of the current status and the rep assured me that it is indeed in production - yes, a backtrack into production. I don't know why. He said that a problem was probably found. Coincidentally, it was one year ago today that I filled out my online preorder for the Maverick. For the first time, I'm losing patience...

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mines been in production since 05/26, I finally lost patience waiting for the tracker to update. I contacted the chat line and was told it is still in production but should arrive at my dealer on 07/12. So at least I have a time line. They must be waiting on a shipment of a specific part or something.

OP
OP
Frandy

Frandy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fpdphotos.me
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mines been in production since 05/26, I finally lost patience waiting for the tracker to update. I contacted the chat line and was told it is still in production but should arrive at my dealer on 07/12. So at least I have a time line. They must be waiting on a shipment of a specific part or something.
I still have a delivery date of 7/15, but I no longer trust it. Going back to "In Production" after "Being Built" does not give me much confidence..

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last night's Long MacArthur live stream; Tim said Ford is delaying production of Hybrids due to battery availability and that some trucks that have been built are sitting there awaiting batteries.

Mine went backward to "in production" as well. I'm betting it's awaiting battery.

Edited 6/15

Spoke with the GM of my dealership today and he had a slightly different take on the Hybrid battery availability issue.
He confirmed that Hybrid batteries are on the current constraints list and will severely limit Hybrids getting scheduled for the time being.
He had heard nothing about build trucks waiting for batteries and was very skeptical that this could be true. He said vehicles are build with missing components (heater controls, speedometer, etc) but not without anything that would prevent the vehicle from being driven. When they're built, they're driven to the holding lot. They have to be shuffled around as vehicles are brought back for completion. They're not going to push or tow these vehicles.
A hybrid can't move under its own power without a traction battery, so they wouldn't assemble one one without it.

Last edited:
Sponsored

2020 GT500

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2023 Miata RF Club
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
C’mon…we all know they build them without the missing electronic pieces, park em in a ginormous corn field and, then when the parts become available drive em back to the factory floor to finish the build. No extra charge for the chewed and gnawed wiring harnesses from sitting outside.

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last night's Long MacArthur live stream; Tim said Ford is delaying production of Hybrids due to battery availability and that some trucks that have been built are sitting there awaiting batteries.

Mine went backward to "in production" as well. I'm betting it's awaiting battery.
Mines an EB so that's not the case for my order unless it's the normal car battery that they are waiting on

OP
OP
Frandy

Frandy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fpdphotos.me
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Edited 6/15

Spoke with the GM of my dealership today and he had a slightly different take on the Hybrid battery availability issue.
He confirmed that Hybrid batteries are on the current constraints list and will severely limit Hybrids getting scheduled for the time being.
He had heard nothing about build trucks waiting for batteries and was very skeptical that this could be true. He said vehicles are build with missing components (heater controls, speedometer, etc) but not without anything that would prevent the vehicle from being driven. When they're built, they're driven to the holding lot. They have to be shuffled around as vehicles are brought back for completion. They're not going to push or tow these vehicles.
A hybrid can't move under its own power without a traction battery, so they wouldn't assemble one one without it.
Very interesting. Even if we assume that it isn't a battery issue, we still don't know why their process would include going from in production to built and then back to in production. Bad process in my opinion. Or at least bad process management communication. I know. I did process management in IBM for both software and hardware for a while. We would never communicate a process in this manner without explanation, no matter who the customer was, internal or external.

If your GM is correct, then different vehicles might be waiting for different parts...
Sponsored

Last edited: