First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat, 2021 Honda CRV EXL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have put a deposit on a 2.0 AWD Maverick, but after seeing the video about going uphill to load out some firewood, I am having second thoughts. The driver in the video references turning off traction control and turning on slippery mode. Can someone explain what this is about and tell me if there are other driving modes for the Hybrid FWD?

Thanks
Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have put a deposit on a 2.0 AWD Maverick, but after seeing the video about going uphill to load out some firewood, I am having second thoughts. The driver in the video references turning off traction control and turning on slippery mode. Can someone explain what this is about and tell me if there are other driving modes for the Hybrid FWD?

Thanks
The video was about a fwd hybrid but you put a deposit on an AWD 2.0? The hybrid has normal mode, slippery, sport and eco modes. (only the fx4 has other modes) It's pretty self explanatory what they are for.

Traction control helps keep traction on slippery hard surfaces but can work against you in the mud or snow. It is a separate system from the driving modes. Best bet is if you are having traction problems and are not on a paved surface, turn OFF traction control and see if it helps.

All of these things work by either selectively cutting power or applying brakes to individual wheels but the programming is different for each mode.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Different drive modes in most modern FWD high volume vehicles simply adjust/limit throttle inputs & traction control bias.
They don't create something that isn't already there, it's just an electronic "mixture" to better suit a predetermined condition.
I believe the hybrid also "Sport* & *Eco* modes as well.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Either way, you're going to be stuck with that ecoboost until late 2022. They closed off orders for the hybrid until summer of 2022 when they switch over to the 2023 model year.

TXM2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FWD ECO Maverick Lariat Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
...but after seeing the video about going uphill to load out some firewood...
What video? Do you mind sharing it here?

Sponsored

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
OP
OP

kentsa1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The video was about a fwd hybrid but you put a deposit on an AWD 2.0? The hybrid has normal mode, slippery, sport and eco modes. (only the fx4 has other modes) It's pretty self explanatory what they are for.

Traction control helps keep traction on slippery hard surfaces but can work against you in the mud or snow. It is a separate system from the driving modes. Best bet is if you are having traction problems and are not on a paved surface, turn OFF traction control and see if it helps.

All of these things work by either selectively cutting power or applying brakes to individual wheels but the programming is different for each mode.

OP
OP

kentsa1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the info. My Subaru had X Mode which was basically a low range feature. Does the Maverick FX4 package have this type of mode? What extra modes does it have?
Thanks,

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the info. My Subaru had X Mode which was basically a low range feature. Does the Maverick FX4 package have this type of mode? What extra modes does it have?
Thanks,
Standard Drive Modes – Normal, Tow/Haul, Slippery, Eco and Sport.
FX4 Drive Modes – Normal, Tow/Haul, Slippery, Mud & Ruts, and Sand.
Sponsored