First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 hyundai elantra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So.... almost 14 months I got a Maverick. SO, was my experience with cambridge ford good? Hell no. Dealer wasn't helpful in order process and no incentive to buy the truck from them. The we can sell this to the next person thru the door even tho I had waited all this time. Went in on Monday the 13th to sign. Was talking that I'll order the bug deflecter and window vents once I have truck. Noted the back window is solid and not the sliding one. Oh hey they missed it. So, didn’t you make sure it was ordered? I did ask you to confirm and you said yes in email thread. It's ford canada that missed it not me.
I go in Saturday, and the bug deflecter is on the truck with the side vents. This was now on the bill and they finance guy would not budge on removing them from the main bill and allowing me to buy separately. Almost 45 minutes of the argument, I gave in. Still bought the truck.
Dealer asked for a 5 out 5 review for ford canada. Oh ok....
23rd comes and get the ford canada review email comes. Spoke the triton the order process and how cambridge ford had not been helpful and how they don't except blame and that any issues are the fault of ford canada.
Hit send and about 45 minutes Stuart from Cambridge ford calls, said they didn't know there was any issues.... right. Once he went off on how all the problems were ford canada and he doesn't except blame I hung up.
Called ford canada and letthem know how the dealer called and blamed them. Told them I'll drive the 25 min or 35 min to the other ford dearest near me. I'm not going back to cambridge and would let everyone know to avoid them as well. And the dealership is less than 4km from me
Sponsored

Hrenklin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
WIll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Shamebridge just getting better and better I see, I am crossing my T's and dotting my I's with my maverick I ordered in mississauga. I communicate thru email(paper trail), and I check ford canada weekly to see if I have been schedul ed for production. In the mean time, im gathering information on what I want done by the dealership in the prep stage, with items including their product number for them to install for me. I mostly just wish the communication was more like ford US with regular emails to say that their automated replay hasnt forgotten about us

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
. I mostly just wish the communication was more like ford US with regular emails to say that their automated replay hasnt forgotten about us
I'm not sure you want the communication to be like the US, have you read about any of the horror shows inflicted on our southern neighbours?

Hrenklin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
WIll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure you want the communication to be like the US, have you read about any of the horror shows inflicted on our southern neighbours?
its more the here, youve ordered, were acknowledging that,. then they get a 45 day email to say your still in the system. we dont get that here. its the somethign is better than nothing

OP
OP

Ianhacker

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 hyundai elantra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the stuff can wait until you have the truck the better. Bisontonneaucovers.com was top notch to deal with.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ianhacker

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 hyundai elantra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So the complaint sent to ford canada was taken back by cambridge ford. They have not called me back.. Nice way to bury a issue. This is why Cambridge is a terrible dealer.

TR6CANUCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went to Cambridge a few weeks ago inquiring about a Maverick. Ya, I know they are all sold out, but I thought they might have a cancellation. The salesman just laughed and said they're a unicorn, it is a 12 month wait, and blew me off. Didn't even take my info if one becomes available. So ya, screw them.

Mavquestion1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Neither
Engine
Undecided
I put my order in with Cambridge Ford for a XL hybrid back in January '23. Accepted x-plan pricing and gave me the DORA the next day. DORA matches my order. Experience seems alright so far.
So there is no 45day email for us in Canada? Was wondering about that the other day..
Sponsored