Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really, really think there is a huge pent-up demand for a small cheap truck. For the last 2 years, I was watching used trucks trying to find something in the low 20s that wasn't completely used up, and then the pandemic with car prices dropping then rising. Now we have a new truck falling in the middle of my price goal.

I live in New England and would never consider driving a rear-wheel-drive truck in the winter if I could avoid it, but with a front-wheel drive, I should be fine.
Same here. Front-wheel drive will do well and investing in winter tires will make the difference. no comparison with an AWD or 4x4 on all seasons tires...

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since Ford has projected long term production of 40% Maverick Hybrids, it would be interesting to know what the actual percentage of confirmed orders have been for the Hybrid vs EcoBoost to date.
Ancient Dearborn Secret

mttmaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Chrysler Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's some important news and notes on the Maverick for August. As a reminder we are selling the Maverick at 3% below Invoice for any retail order.
  • The Hybrid engine is limited to 35% of August/September/October production for the Maverick
    • The long-term production of 2022 model year will be a 40% mix of Hybrid
    • Currently 100% of hybrid engines will go to fulfill customer orders.
  • Demand - There are currently 2 months of verified retail orders for Mavericks in the system.
  • Dealer Allocation - Dealers will be allocated 60% retail and 40% stock orders. This will go until the pent up Retail orders are exhausted.
  • Possible Constraints - Spray-in Bedliner is being demanded more often than anticipated. 70% of orders in the system are currently showing a spray in bedliner.
-Zach
Zach,

I ordered an XL AWD Velocity Blue w/ 4k Tow Package & 360, Sliding Rear Window. I ordered it on 7-23. With this info on build times I would think I should see it by the end of October. Whats your prediction?

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Zach,

I ordered an XL AWD Velocity Blue w/ 4k Tow Package & 360, Sliding Rear Window. I ordered it on 7-23. With this info on build times I would think I should see it by the end of October. Whats your prediction?
If they have 2 months of orders... and 60% of production goes to fulfilling existing orders... then it'll take 3 1/3 months to fill the orders. Of course, it depends on the supply chain getting up to speed, and that is a big question mark. I was thinking Q1 '22 but Ford's statement during the earnings call makes me think your prediction is better.

Sponsored

Mavforever

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

On the Ford site, should I be worried that I don’t see my reservation or that they don’t list me as having one? I did get an email confirmation from Ford at the time…

Fakegrownup

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Ecoboost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On the Ford site, should I be worried that I don’t see my reservation or that they don’t list me as having one? I did get an email confirmation from Ford at the time…
The reservation is just an intro step. You also have to order the vehicle through a dealer. Once actually ordered it will go into the waiting pool to be chosen to be built. When Ford selects your order and assigns a build date you are also given a VIN. Once you get the VIN you can add your order to your Ford online account. It won't show up before that.

mttmaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Chrysler Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If they have 2 months of orders... and 60% of production goes to fulfilling existing orders... then it'll take 3 1/3 months to fill the orders. Of course, it depends on the supply chain getting up to speed, and that is a big question mark. I was thinking Q1 '22 but Ford's statement during the earnings call makes me think your prediction is better.
Cool thanks for the reply. It is much appreciated. I wish there was a website that we are able to log in to as an end user and check the production status.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Cool thanks for the reply. It is much appreciated. I wish there was a website that we are able to log in to as an end user and check the production status.
Once you get a vin you kind of can

Mavforever

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The reservation is just an intro step. You also have to order the vehicle through a dealer. Once actually ordered it will go into the waiting pool to be chosen to be built. When Ford selects your order and assigns a build date you are also given a VIN. Once you get the VIN you can add your order to your Ford online account. It won't show up before that.
Thanks I did follow up and order through the dealer and the form they sent says priority 11, which I understand is good…that’s the last I heard on 7/29

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
When I go to my Ford Online account it says I do NOT have any Reservations or Orders. So I called Ford Customer Service. The lady said this whole process is new to the dealers. But I definitely have a Maverick Ordered. She told me everything about my order. She said the system is wonky with the new process of Retail Ordering by the dealers. So I wanted to at least let you know the system is goofy. So I'm in the same boat but at least I know they have my order.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Zach,

The only hiccup I can see is that it's a new vehicle and typically they run additional quality checks that slow down the process.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Zach,

Since the first batch retail orders have been scheduled for the week of September 13 and it normally takes up to 6 weeks from build date to delivery date, you will more likely see your truck in December. My order date is June 29th so I hoping to take delivery sometime in December...

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since the first batch retail orders have been scheduled for the week of September 13 and it normally takes up to 6 weeks from build date to delivery date, you will more likely see your truck in December. My order date is June 29th so I hoping to take delivery sometime in December...
I guess it depends on how you interpret "2 months worth of orders."

If it's 2 months of worth of 100% production capacity, and assuming production starts in 2 weeks, and they're running 60% of the retail orders, then they'd get through all of those existing orders by mid/late November.

If "2 months worth of orders" assumes the 60/40 mix, then it's mid October.

Either way, it sounds much better than my original estimate from my dealer of February/March. Maybe too good to be true?
Sponsored