2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi Zach,
Thank you for sharing what you know. Would you mind clarifying what control you have over scheduling? I'm out in CA and got an order confirmation back in June, so I believe I've done all I can do, but my dealer acts like they don't have any influence. They make it sound like we (they and me) are both just waiting to hear from Ford. Your statements above make it sound like you're more active in the process.

Thanks in advance for shedding any light.

Cheers!
Andy
Zach is just trying to get us the information they are aware of - some dealers choose to actually understand that being involved in the process and keeping their customers up to date is good business! Scheduling is done by a group of employees at Ford - the dealers don't have any influence over the process - the best they can do is update your order if you ask, and keep us all up to date on specific items that could delay your order from being built (i.e. the smaller things you might remove from your order if you knew about it...such as ordering mudflaps for example).
Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe the Customer Service at Ford told me the order, drivers license and deposit (if required) is with the order. No drivers license, no a verified order. Evidently dealers were trying to order as retail to get trucks.
A few of us have multiple orders so expect the dealers to have plenty of inventory.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi Zach,
Thank you for sharing what you know. Would you mind clarifying what control you have over scheduling? I'm out in CA and got an order confirmation back in June, so I believe I've done all I can do, but my dealer acts like they don't have any influence. They make it sound like we (they and me) are both just waiting to hear from Ford. Your statements above make it sound like you're more active in the process.

Thanks in advance for shedding any light.

Cheers!
Andy
As long as your order is submitted correctly and had a priority of a retail order (19 or lower) you should be all set. It's just a wait and see like you said for the most part.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can someone explain to me what this means exactly, since we've only had one week of actual scheduling? What does verified order mean?
This means that Ford has enough demand of real customers to fill 2 months of production.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
O feel like pineapple pizza could end in a delayed production....
It's a good thing you didn't offer him lays or doritos, because I heard there's a chip shortage

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
what is "cleanup scheduling"?
As per icecapades in the Bronco forums:

"Cleanup Scheduling is the attempt to schedule a dealership's unscheduled allocation due to commodity issues or other factors."

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That would mean production of 300k. Toyota has never sold that many Tacomas in a year. On another note, I visited the Ford dealer in seaside today and they only have 8 cars and trucks on the lot.
I really, really think there is a huge pent-up demand for a small cheap truck. For the last 2 years, I was watching used trucks trying to find something in the low 20s that wasn't completely used up, and then the pandemic with car prices dropping then rising. Now we have a new truck falling in the middle of my price goal.

I live in New England and would never consider driving a rear-wheel-drive truck in the winter if I could avoid it, but with a front-wheel drive, I should be fine.

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really, really think there is a huge pent-up demand for a small cheap truck. For the last 2 years, I was watching used trucks trying to find something in the low 20s that wasn't completely used up, and then the pandemic with car prices dropping then rising. Now we have a new truck falling in the middle of my price goal.

I live in New England and would never consider driving a rear-wheel-drive truck in the winter if I could avoid it, but with a front-wheel drive, I should be fine.
front wheel drive with snow chains would be better than awd in icy conditions

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

With gas prices up like they are Ford will sell more hybrids then they were planning.

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
With gas prices up like they are Ford will sell more hybrids then they were planning.
With a base price less than a lot of 5 year old trucks it's a no brainer.
Sponsored