First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's some important news and notes on the Maverick for August. As a reminder we are selling the Maverick at 3% below Invoice for any retail order.
  • The Hybrid engine is limited to 35% of August/September/October production for the Maverick
    • The long-term production of 2022 model year will be a 40% mix of Hybrid
    • Currently 100% of hybrid engines will go to fulfill customer orders.
  • Demand - There are currently 2 months of verified retail orders for Mavericks in the system.
  • Dealer Allocation - Dealers will be allocated 60% retail and 40% stock orders. This will go until the pent up Retail orders are exhausted.
  • Possible Constraints - Spray-in Bedliner is being demanded more often than anticipated. 70% of orders in the system are currently showing a spray in bedliner.
-Zach
Sponsored

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's some important news and notes on the Maverick for August. As a reminder we are selling the Maverick at 3% below Invoice for any retail order.

• The Hybrid engine is limited to 35% of August/September/October production for the Maverick
    • The long-term production of 2022 model year will be a 40% mix of Hybrid
    • Currently 100% of hybrid engines will go to fulfill customer orders.
  • Demand - There are currently 2 months of verified retail orders for Mavericks in the system.
  • Dealer Allocation - Dealers will be allocated 60% retail and 40% stock orders. This will go until the pent up Retail orders are exhausted.
  • Possible Constraints - Spray-in Bedliner is being demanded more often than anticipated. 70% of orders in the system are currently showing a spray in bedliner.
-Zach
Not sure I understand. Hybrid engine is limited to 35% short term, 40% long term, but it is the standard engine and the one in most demand by far... Is this a commodities issue?

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure I understand. Hybrid engine is limited to 35% short term, 40% long term, but it is the standard engine and the one in most demand by far... Is this a commodities issue?
Hybrid is the one most demanded by people on this forum. Looks like Ford’s projections are for more Ecoboost sales.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
So dealers will mostly have the 2.0, ensuring that's what sells more. Hybrids will have to be special ordered, despite being the "default" engine. Lol. Good one Ford.

Edit: does that mean that hybrid orders will mostly be special orders, and give dealers a reason to not offer incentives on them? 🤔

Last edited:

F1PRB22GA

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is going to be August retail production ?

2 months of verified orders would be how many trucks ?

So breaking down just the retail orders for the first 3 months:
58% will be hybrid and 42% gas only.

Sponsored

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Thanks for the update Zach. Can you offer any clarity on scheduling and production timeline? For example, will Ford schedule another round of trucks next Thursday or will there not be any more scheduling for the next few weeks? Could the next round of scheduling be for production the same week as the first ones…09/13? Or will it be for a later date?

I ordered my 2.0 AWD with only the 4K and full sized spare. I feel like the only thing that kept me from getting scheduled was my Carbonized Grey, lol. As far as I know, no CG has been scheduled yet.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I ordered both
1. Hybrid XLT W/Lux Hot Pepper Red, Monroof, Slider. Confirmed on 6/17 ordered 6/08
2. XL AWD Velocity Blue Loaded, Spray In Liner, mat, 3-tile bed Tonneau, Tow Pkg, Inverter, slider, moonroof Confirmed 7/27 ordered 7/27

Whichever gets here first...will be the one, unless I hate it... I decided I could live with 21-22 mpg in the city with AWD
I did this out of frustration with the XLT Dealer lack of communications....My salesman has been on two vacations since 6/17 ...lol
I'm sure I'm not going to hurt anyones feeling if I don't buy their Maverick, they will just mark it up $2-3000 and be happy

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Moonroof is likely the only sales issue there might be with your XLT, dunno how popular it will be. But a red xlt with the sliding rear glass I expect will move, may require some DIOs but nothing extreme.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is probably what Ford planned for because of how the data came back from their focus groups. Generally early adopters will be a little richer on content ordered then dealer stock units down the road.
Thanks for the update Zach. Can you offer any clarity on scheduling and production timeline? For example, will Ford schedule another round of trucks next Thursday or will there not be any more scheduling for the next few weeks? Could the next round of scheduling be for production the same week as the first ones…09/13? Or will it be for a later date?

I ordered my 2.0 AWD with only the 4K and full sized spare. I feel like the only thing that kept me from getting scheduled was my Carbonized Grey, lol. As far as I know, no CG has been scheduled yet.
I am not quite sure yet. We'll find out this upcoming week or so. This week we scheduled out all but one from our allocation on retails. We have 1 more retail order to schedule this week which would be a scheduling clean up week.

The next round of scheduling will most likely be after the first round. So the 20th or possibly later depending on their timeline.

Sponsored

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered both
1. Hybrid XLT W/Lux Hot Pepper Red, Monroof, Slider. Confirmed on 6/17 ordered 6/08
2. XL AWD Velocity Blue Loaded, Spray In Liner, mat, 3-tile bed Tonneau, Tow Pkg, Inverter, slider, moonroof Confirmed 7/27 ordered 7/27

Whichever gets here first...will be the one, unless I hate it... I decided I could live with 21-22 mpg in the city with AWD
I did this out of frustration with the XLT Dealer lack of communications....My salesman has been on two vacations since 6/17 ...lol
I'm sure I'm not going to hurt anyones feeling if I don't buy their Maverick, they will just mark it up $2-3000 and be happy
Nice work! Did you have to leave two deposits? I should have also done this. 😁

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
This is probably what Ford planned for because of how the data came back from their focus groups. Generally early adopters will be a little richer on content ordered then dealer stock units down the road.

I am not quite sure yet. We'll find out this upcoming week or so. This week we scheduled out all but one from our allocation on retails. We have 1 more retail order to schedule this week which would be a scheduling clean up week.

The next round of scheduling will most likely be after the first round. So the 20th or possibly later depending on their timeline.
Can you inform us how courtesy delivery affects allocation and sales numbers? If someone orders from you out of state and then takes delivery in their local state, I presume you get sales credit etc, but how does that affect the accepting delivery dealers numbers?

thosw

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since Ford has projected long term production of 40% Maverick Hybrids, it would be interesting to know what the actual percentage of confirmed orders have been for the Hybrid vs EcoBoost to date.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guess I can likely sit back and chill the next week or two without wondering if my order will be selected or not. LOL Appreciate the update even though it means I'll be waiting a bit!

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Nice work! Did you have to leave two deposits? I should have also done this. 😁
Nope....No deposits... only for that stupid Hyundai Con-Job That I cancelled
Sponsored