First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The first guy that can predict the future with 100% accuracy will be the wealthiest person on earth.

Until then, we are all playing the waiting game, me, you Ford and everyone else.
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe in the US, not so in Canada. In any event I want to wait for the AWD hybrid.
I was wondering in Canada are the Maverick Hybrid model released for sale? I was wondering because Canada doesn't have to wait EPA ratings or US crash ratings so that got me wondering if Hybrids are being sold and/or delivered to customers in Canada. Thanks

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Eh, I'm not stressed. Current vehicle is running fine, and it seems they have all kinds of order restrictions and what not anyway. 2023 model will have better resale being a model year newer, and hopefully they make some improvements to address known bugs with the '23 MY.
Actually you should buy the final production year to get the most reliable version of a vehicle. So you may want to wait for the 2028 Maverick before jumping on the bandwagon.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The first guy that can predict the future with 100% accuracy will be the wealthiest person on earth.

Until then, we are all playing the waiting game, me, you Ford and everyone else.
Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future.

Niels Bohr

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually the 2022 Maverick Hybrid orders have already been fulfilled for the year . I work at Ford
Can you please expand a bit on what you said? What do you mean by "fulfilled"?

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually you should buy the final production year to get the most reliable version of a vehicle. So you may want to wait for the 2028 Maverick before jumping on the bandwagon.
Kidding aside, first year and last years are generally speaking considered the years to avoid. First year 2020 Ford Escapes for example were rated an unmitigated disaster by Consumer Reports, that put 2020s on their exclusive "worst used cars of all time" list due to an unusually high number of reliability complaints on their annual subscriber owner surveys.

First year models are notorious for bugs, and last year models will quickly appear outdated and are likely to lag technologically/safety wise behind a total redesigned model.

AUsomTiger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford has learned nothing from the Bronco fiasco. They did it again with Maverick (they were already knee deep in shit when the Mav orders started). They did it with the Lightning as well.

I'm not speaking with authority. I'm just speaking from experience. I was told 5 months ago that my MY21 Bronco order would be a MY21. I now have an ordered MY22 Bronco, and my dealer (based on their expected allocation numbers) says its a 50/50 shot I get a MY22 Bronco - it will likely be MY23 (and his order number and mine sequential and placed together).

So that is very nice that Ford told Mav Hybrid order holders that their MY22 order will be a MY22 but history with Ford orders show that is not likely the case for all orders.

Especially as we continue to see routine delays in production.

But as Mike Levine loves to tweet, "stay pumped!"
Sounds like your real problem is with your dealer, not just Ford. If they don't know if you'll get a 22 or 23 they have likely oversold their allocations and keeping your purchase tied up so that you don't go elsewhere.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
I was wondering in Canada are the Maverick Hybrid model released for sale? I was wondering because Canada doesn't have to wait EPA ratings or US crash ratings so that got me wondering if Hybrids are being sold and/or delivered to customers in Canada. Thanks
There was another thread that said something along the lines of while Canada is not regulated by the EPA, they follow the same rules/guidelines at least in terms of vehicle sales and will also not have the OKTB until the EPA data is in.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like your real problem is with your dealer, not just Ford. If they don't know if you'll get a 22 or 23 they have likely oversold their allocations and keeping your purchase tied up so that you don't go elsewhere.
Not the case at all. Dealer has been great to work with unlike some others selling Broncos

If you've followed the Bronco fiasco you'd know that Ford initially said that they would fill orders first before supplying dealers with dealer stock. Some small dealers tried to game the system by offering below invoice deals on the Broncos and getting customers from all over the region.

Then they had dealers who were basically stealing customer orders and selling them for a huge ADM.

So Ford pulled a switch and went to an allocation based model based on:
  • 50% Overall Ford sales history for past 3 years
  • 25% 2021 Bronco allocations
  • 25% Bronco Sport % sales last year
So my dealer has a decent idea if my bronco would show up based on the allocation model above. They are a larger Ford dealer that sells well. I have a price agreement signed with them. I appreciate that my dealer is honest and tells me that they simply can't guarantee it will be built because they have some fuzzy math supplied by Ford that is subject to change at a moments notice.

It's true - they need my name to fulfill my bronco order. If I back out they would lose that Bronco order and it would hurt their formula. So they need me to stay in it long enough to get the vehicle delivered and then have me reject it (I won't do that) before they could take it and sell it to someone else.

My dealer is not the problem at all. They've been super honest and upfront.

Ford is the problem for lying about building in the order the orders were received and switching to an allocation model because big dealers got pissed off.

And it'll happen to the Mav too.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also, I'd say the most unlucky. It reminds me of a line from a movie I really enjoyed some years back. The line was "Thank God we can't tell the future. We'd never get out of bed."

Sponsored

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There was another thread that said something along the lines of while Canada is not regulated by the EPA, they follow the same rules/guidelines at least in terms of vehicle sales and will also not have the OKTB until the EPA data is in.
Oh OK, I just got thinking about it since some hybrids have been built, but not shipped because Ford hasn't given the OKTB for the USA. Thanks for replying

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

AUsomTiger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not the case at all. Dealer has been great to work with unlike some others selling Broncos

If you've followed the Bronco fiasco you'd know that Ford initially said that they would fill orders first before supplying dealers with dealer stock. Some small dealers tried to game the system by offering below invoice deals on the Broncos and getting customers from all over the region.

Then they had dealers who were basically stealing customer orders and selling them for a huge ADM.

So Ford pulled a switch and went to an allocation based model based on:
  • 50% Overall Ford sales history for past 3 years
  • 25% 2021 Bronco allocations
  • 25% Bronco Sport % sales last year
So my dealer has a decent idea if my bronco would show up based on the allocation model above. They are a larger Ford dealer that sells well. I have a price agreement signed with them. I appreciate that my dealer is honest and tells me that they simply can't guarantee it will be built because they have some fuzzy math supplied by Ford that is subject to change at a moments notice.

It's true - they need my name to fulfill my bronco order. If I back out they would lose that Bronco order and it would hurt their formula. So they need me to stay in it long enough to get the vehicle delivered and then have me reject it (I won't do that) before they could take it and sell it to someone else.

My dealer is not the problem at all. They've been super honest and upfront.

Ford is the problem for lying about building in the order the orders were received and switching to an allocation model because big dealers got pissed off.

And it'll happen to the Mav too.
I hope you are right and hope you get your vehicle(s) quickly. What you said above somewhat contradicts what you said earlier about not knowing if you were getting a '22 or '23. Your dealer may be great to work with; however, they should be able to do the new allocation math by now.

A similar issue is happening to Maverick buyers who ordered early from dealers (big and small) who just don't have the allocation to meet the number of orders they have taken. To me it is borderline fraud to take an order for a vehicle that a dealer knows they can't fulfill. Ford shouldn't be faulted when their dealers are the ones leading customers on but Ford gets the blame anyway. When someone who ordered in July sees the person who ordered in October driving their new truck by Thanksgiving, they don't tend to blame their dealer even though the dealer's lack of allocations is the likely cause of the delay. For similarly specced vehicles anyway.

We American's just aren't patient enough to adjust to the bespoke order method especially during the logistics meltdown happening worldwide.
Sponsored