First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Like many of you, I have been trying to obsessively track my Maverick since it got on a train in Hermosillo and began its journey. I had to chat with Ford Chat a dozen times to finally get an agent that could provide me a rail car number, as my sales rep at the dealer didn't have one.

As it turns out, Vehicle Visibility, the program that many dealers have been using to track new vehicles, was discontinued on Feb 1st, 2023. (which would explain why the Vehicle Visibility report my dealer was pulling only showed my truck getting to Nogales AZ on the 30th, and no updates past that).

This system has been replaced by VINView, which came out back in October to give dealers 4 months to adopt it before Vehicle Visibility went away. This system gives dealers better real time tracking info, and the ability to share the real time updates with their customers.

As I suspected, when I brought this up to my sales rep this morning, they had never even heard of VinView. After they chatted with their Manager for a bit, it turns out they did have it but were not actively using it. My rep got back to me that they signed me up for real time alerts, and a few minutes later I got this!

Ford Maverick Ask your dealer about VINView if you're eager to track your Maverick order 1675794959915

If you are tired of calling the automated phone system everyday for an update, give your dealer a call and see if they have access to VinView.
Sponsored

JVolpe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beater truck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep good advice! I posted about the dealer switch to VINView here:
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-available-to-ford-dealers-via-vinview.22655/

Reposting the info here for reference:

This was announced by Ford to dealers back in October 2022:

VINView Vehicle Tracking Platform to Replace Vehicle Visibility

ACTION REQUESTED

VINView will be live on October 25th.

SUMMARY

As part of Inventory Reframing, we are pleased to launch a modernized, more informative and more functional vehicle tracking platform to improve dealer's ability to manage inventory and to improve the customer experience.

VINView provides users and innovative look and feel while including key functionality upgrades such as customized dashboards for each user, searches for better sales planning based on inventory arrivals, vehicle logistics mapping with coordinates, text/e-mail notifications on vehicles, and enhanced Excel report downloads. Additionally, these improvements will enhance the ability to sell from the pipeline to increase turn rates while also providing better line of sight to the status of retail orders, also crucial to operating at a lower days’ supply and to drive sales velocity.

DECOMMISSIONING OF VEHICLE VISIBILITY
Vehicle Visibility will be decommissioned February 1, 2023
; thereby, providing ample time to transition to VINView.

This is what it looks like to dealers in the VinView system:

434_1841874306162421_5774898147826347875_n-jpg-jpg.jpg

787_1841887449494440_4623779731190013455_n-jpg-jpg.jpg

472_1841874406162411_1692568621581819979_n-jpg-jpg.jpg

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I knew the dealers switched over to it, but I didn't know you could be signed up to get notifications for it. I figured it was only internally. Might have to ask my salesman then. I call CSX 2 or 3 times a day but it would be cool to see it on the map.

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Too bad you can't bypass the dealer and sign up for the alerts yourself. My truck is arriving this coming week and the dealer/FoMoCo hasn't even given me the VIN or alerted me it was built/shipped. Sigh.

OP
OP
E30andrew

E30andrew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah I wish they would let you use the system as a consumer. I have my Shipment ID and my VIN, I just want to see it in their portal with a map :/

Sponsored

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Luxury FX4 Package Alas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know the average wait/ ship time to get from production to picking up? I understand all locations are different (northeast for me) but just curious what people have heard.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does anyone know the average wait/ ship time to get from production to picking up? I understand all locations are different (northeast for me) but just curious what people have heard.
It really is a crapshoot. I've seen people in production, built, and shipped in a week. I was stuck in production for three weeks and almost another week to ship.

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been tracking my Maverick since getting the car number on 2/2, a couple of days after the shipped notification. As of this afternoon, the railcar was enroute to East Brookfield MA with an ETA of 2/12 at 3:45pm. From there Diversified Trucking will haul it the last 250 miles to Maine. Your truck could be going to the same place if you are in the eastern part of your state. Check my sig for more information on my build. Did you use the ramp info from your window sticker?

Mike_CK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting info, wondering if I can follow up with my dealer regards this. My truck was built Jan 22 and shipped Jan 23. The ford tracker has an eta or March 11-17. It seems wild it would take 2 months to get to my dealer

Toinky

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting info, wondering if I can follow up with my dealer regards this. My truck was built Jan 22 and shipped Jan 23. The ford tracker has an eta or March 11-17. It seems wild it would take 2 months to get to my dealer
At this point, I'd believe it. My truck was built on 12/8/22. Didn't ship until 1/10/23. Still haven't seen it and just got an email from Ford saying that "to ensure my complete satisfaction" [hah!] its projected delivery will be 2/9-2/15. Urgh!

Sponsored

Lou'sBluMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Chevy Colorado(sold Oct) 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@E30andrew some questions: Is this link working for you? How often do you get updates? Did your dealer give you a password to be able to use access the tracking? Thanks for your responses.

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've been tracking my Maverick since getting the car number on 2/2, a couple of days after the shipped notification. As of this afternoon, the railcar was enroute to East Brookfield MA with an ETA of 2/12 at 3:45pm. From there Diversified Trucking will haul it the last 250 miles to Maine. Your truck could be going to the same place if you are in the eastern part of your state. Check my sig for more information on my build. Did you use the ramp info from your window sticker?
What railroad is your truck being shipped on? Mine is on Union Pacific (railcar TTGX699183) and the only thing I can get from their automated phone trace is when it is due to its next stop (with no location) when it left its last stop (once again with no location). It took me a few days to figure out what was going on. If I only knew how many stops there were between the factory and DFW (McKinney) it would be so much easier.

OP
OP
E30andrew

E30andrew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@E30andrew some questions: Is this link working for you? How often do you get updates? Did your dealer give you a password to be able to use access the tracking? Thanks for your responses.
Well consider my face covered in egg.

I read the first part of the the last paragraph "Please log into VINView for more information or click the following link" and hastily clicked the link without reading further. I was expecting to be able to create an account, or view more details, but instead was greeted with the news that I had successfully unsubscribed from alerts for this shipment 😅 I sheepishly let my sales rep know what I had done and requested to be re-subscribed, but have yet to get another alert since then.

So unfortunately regarding your second question - I was not given any kind of login details, which was a bit disappointing. This seems to be merely a status update SMS blast, much like you'd receive when you sign up for text notifications from USPS tracking. It would be really nice to get access to the detailed log and live map that @JVolpe posted.

snowkarver

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60, XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems like all Mavs bound for BC get an automatic 2 month ETA. Going to shipped status the day after build is pretty atypical for trucks headed our way though - maybe you'll be lucky and it will show up sooner rather than later. Let us fellow BCers know if you get some VINview satisfaction from your dealer.

Mine is sitting in Hermosillo waiting for the next train to Vancouver.

Lou'sBluMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Chevy Colorado(sold Oct) 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unfortunately, based on this post I had already bugged my sales contact to see if he could hook me up. I sent him an apology. I kind of suspected it was too good to be true.
Sponsored