Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay if you say so but honestly I think you will find I am right given time.
“I'll see it when I believe it”

― Thane Pittman

:p
Sponsored

RNeeley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, 1944 Willy MB, 1949 Dodge project.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If ford were to offer awd option package on hybrid and hybrid package with higher tow capacity they could do away with the other version and complexity of handling two different drive trains. IMHO ecoboost sales are primarily based on awd and tow capacity not aversion to hybrid.
I agree with your last sentence. I wanted a less costly small truck and I really did not care what the drive train was. Being able to get in and out of parking lots compared to a larger truck is wonderful. I owned several Rangers, '83 and a '92, and missed the small sized utility.

I also have the need, on occasion, to pull a trailer that runs about 3500 lbs. For that reason I choose the ECO option to get the 4k tow package. I was forced to add the AWD. My average weekly commute is 40 miles, with a longer trip every other week, more or less, but only about 70 miles one way. So the ECO gas mileage is an acceptable sacrifice, for me.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not to mention efficiency. Most trucks are big, heavy, powerful, expensive and thirsty, but useful and capable. The mav is smaller, but still large enough not to feel small, still reasonably powerful, efficient (especially the hybrid, but the eco isn't bad compared to the big ones) and reasonably priced.

The only surprising thing is that automakers haven't recognized that giving good value will drive sales.

My only fear is that Ford can't make enough money off the hybrids and will find excuses to raise prices.
Unfortunately the last year has taught the automakers a different lesson: that scarcity drives profit.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I actually have a very busy life and don't stalk people all day long on here with near instant quoted replies to keep circular arguments alive like you apparently do.
I don't think being busy is the problem. You seem to have plenty of time to recycle this claim, with 7 or 8 posts just on this thread.

If it's just that that you would prefer to say things without being contradicted, a discussion forum like this may not be the best place for that.

Sponsored

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

(thoughts waiting for Thursday's Scheduling winners to be revealed...)

Perhaps things have changed, but Headline Editors use words to create buzz (click bait?), whereas Writers attempt to convey content and deliver a message. And thus we have 'stunned' in a headline when the content stated "...one of the big surprises..."

This MTC Forum was alluded to by the Ford Truck Communications manager "...tracking 1,000s of posts on Social Media platforms...is nearly impossible...we've never seen these communities pop up like we are around Maverick". So I guess MTC members and lurkers are part of the buzz.

I can't recall how I stumbled on this site. I know it was late July '21, about the time I read my 1st Maverick review (1st reaction they're bringing back that POS?"). I remember the components of that review that caught my attention:
  • 40 mpg Hybrid (at the time, since modified to 42 mpg)
  • Less than $20k entry level
  • "marketing teams watched how customers used their vehicles at garden centers, lumber yards and building supply centers"
  • The 4.5' bed + 1.5' gate + interior supports allows hauling of full 4x8 sheets, up to 1,500#'s
  • 2,000# (Hybrid) and 4,000# EcoBoost tow capacity
  • QR codes and FITS (subsequently deciphered) touted as a 3D Printing option
  • Non-binding orders can be started within Build Your Maverick online
(Fast forward) Momma (you know of whom I speak) has been harping for almost 3 years that I need a new vehicle, 'cuz the Taurus X (that replaced the previous Ford Freestyle @ 140,000 miles ) has 213,000 miles on it. I can haul ripped 4x8 sheets and 2x4's inside and the roof rack can safely haul the ladder, boom, spinnaker and whisker pole twice a year. It's a truck without being a truck.

She balked, initially, at the FWD only option, but acquiesed with "it'll be your truck". In the meantime, she bought an AWD Hybrid Escape, trading in a Ford Edge with only 80,000 miles. Go figure...

This Maverick, once it comes, will easily replace the Taurus X systems and needs...and increase the mpg's by at least 15 mpg's. And add many bells, whistles and kazoos that don't exist currently. All positive.

Ordered sight unseen, 9-21-2021, knowing it's an inaugural production run, in a pandemic with all sorts of supply chain issues. Signed paperwork in hand, no deposit, in queue with a 10 from the Dealer.

The hope (and there is hope...) is that Thursday reveals a number of September Hybrid orders scheduled. Stay tuned...

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unfortunately the last year has taught the automakers a different lesson: that scarcity drives profit.
Always has, always will. Supply/demand/price is always operating no matter what.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This site a!one now list over 4,000 orders. Statistically, a significant sampling size (if not truly scientific). About 62% of those are for hybrids. It's silly to think that this site is an anomaly and that everyone else across the country favors the eco-boost instead. Ford itself is set to increase hybrid production in a few months to help catch up.with demand.
This - 4,000 is well beyond the sampling point for us to know that 60/40 is the split, and will be until Ford changes the offerings! If they introduce a fully electric, or AWD Hybrid model at the refresh point (2024 at the earliest I suspect), well at that point it wouldn't surprise me to see the ecoboost going away entirely.

I would have paid $4-5K for a hybrid AWD with performance similar to the ecoboost and 35mpg combined rating.

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
one reason Ford will likely keep the price low is that they need to meet fuel economy standards across their fleet and the 40mpg maverick gives them some latitude when being offset by F-x50s adn other gas guzzles.
I completely agree.. this came to my mind as well

azsrule

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
(thoughts waiting for Thursday's Scheduling winners to be revealed...)

Perhaps things have changed, but Headline Editors use words to create buzz (click bait?), whereas Writers attempt to convey content and deliver a message. And thus we have 'stunned' in a headline when the content stated "...one of the big surprises..."

This MTC Forum was alluded to by the Ford Truck Communications manager "...tracking 1,000s of posts on Social Media platforms...is nearly impossible...we've never seen these communities pop up like we are around Maverick". So I guess MTC members and lurkers are part of the buzz.

I can't recall how I stumbled on this site. I know it was late July '21, about the time I read my 1st Maverick review (1st reaction they're bringing back that POS?"). I remember the components of that review that caught my attention:
  • 40 mpg Hybrid (at the time, since modified to 42 mpg)
  • Less than $20k entry level
  • "marketing teams watched how customers used their vehicles at garden centers, lumber yards and building supply centers"
  • The 4.5' bed + 1.5' gate + interior supports allows hauling of full 4x8 sheets, up to 1,500#'s
  • 2,000# (Hybrid) and 4,000# EcoBoost tow capacity
  • QR codes and FITS (subsequently deciphered) touted as a 3D Printing option
  • Non-binding orders can be started within Build Your Maverick online
(Fast forward) Momma (you know of whom I speak) has been harping for almost 3 years that I need a new vehicle, 'cuz the Taurus X (that replaced the previous Ford Freestyle @ 140,000 miles ) has 213,000 miles on it. I can haul ripped 4x8 sheets and 2x4's inside and the roof rack can safely haul the ladder, boom, spinnaker and whisker pole twice a year. It's a truck without being a truck.

She balked, initially, at the FWD only option, but acquiesed with "it'll be your truck". In the meantime, she bought an AWD Hybrid Escape, trading in a Ford Edge with only 80,000 miles. Go figure...

This Maverick, once it comes, will easily replace the Taurus X systems and needs...and increase the mpg's by at least 15 mpg's. And add many bells, whistles and kazoos that don't exist currently. All positive.

Ordered sight unseen, 9-21-2021, knowing it's an inaugural production run, in a pandemic with all sorts of supply chain issues. Signed paperwork in hand, no deposit, in queue with a 10 from the Dealer.

The hope (and there is hope...) is that Thursday reveals a number of September Hybrid orders scheduled. Stay tuned...
Would love to get a August Hybrid order scheduled!

Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
A couple people on this thread clearly think hybrid = Prius. And only girls drive a Prius.

Lol.

BradG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger / Lexus rx350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ironic they blame the popularity on the hybrid feature when almost no hybrids are being sold. media for ya i guess

i would guess only on this forum is hybrid more popular. in real world i expect maybe 80% or more to be ecoboost even though it's more expensive.
Ahhh......yeah not ....

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick is the cheapest brand-new car I have owned. But it doesn’t feel like it. In fact, there are parts about our Maverick that feel nicer and more (solid?) than our Tesla.

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congratulations! Yes, you are fortunate. I've only seen one other Maverick of any drivetrain on the road so far around Akron, and that was back in October.

I ordered mine at Montrose Ford in Fairlawn, OH. I live in Barberton, OH and boat a ton on Portage Lakes, just south of Akron, OH. Got the Maverick specifically to pull my new small pontoon boat, plus the other two smaller classic boats.

What dealer did you get your Maverick from?
Mark Thomas Ford in Cortland Ohio. A very small dealership but what is surprising, when I went to get my Maverick, there was an Area 51 XL Hybrid sitting right next to it! It seems both mine and another guy's was delivered by carrier from Lordstown Oh together. I mean two at the same time to this tiny dealer seemed surprising. I doubt there are very many running around all of northeast Ohio....

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Always has, always will. Supply/demand/price is always operating no matter what.
You'd think, but for decades the Detroit automakers overproduced vehicles then discounted them like crazy. Seems like they just discovered in 2021 that less is more.
Sponsored