Sponsored

LDProductions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Ford Escape
A local dealer had a trainer in today that I got a chance to take a look at. Wasn't able to get into the vehicle or the bed, but was able to get a good sense of how big the truck actually is and how it sits.

Overall impressions are that it's built like and feels like a truck, like a smaller F150 rather than an SUV. My sales guy mentioned that he got to sit in it and it felt like it was decent sized. The trainer also mentioned to him that it's one of the smoothest riding vehicles he's experienced (take those impressions for what they're worth)

Took a couple of pictures of it from various angles and with my Lexus CT200h next to it for some size comparisons. It's definitely longer and a touch wider than the Lexus, but not massive in comparison.

Updated with extra notes:

1) The top of the tailgate has a fairly pronounced flare that looks like it should help aerodynamics/mpgs.​
2) The contours of the roof panel also look like they were designed with aerodynamics/mpgs in mind. There's fairly obvious channels for air to flow over.​
3) The rear windows all the use the standard Ford privacy glass which looked fairly dark in the sun.​

Ford Maverick Area 51 XLT FX4 - Impressions, Photos and Size Comparison vs Lexus CT200h (w/ soft roll up tonneau cover) 2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Area 51 - 1

Ford Maverick Area 51 XLT FX4 - Impressions, Photos and Size Comparison vs Lexus CT200h (w/ soft roll up tonneau cover) 2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Area 51 - 2

Ford Maverick Area 51 XLT FX4 - Impressions, Photos and Size Comparison vs Lexus CT200h (w/ soft roll up tonneau cover) 2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Area 51 - 3

Ford Maverick Area 51 XLT FX4 - Impressions, Photos and Size Comparison vs Lexus CT200h (w/ soft roll up tonneau cover) 2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Area 51 - 4

Ford Maverick Area 51 XLT FX4 - Impressions, Photos and Size Comparison vs Lexus CT200h (w/ soft roll up tonneau cover) 2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Area 51 - 5
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also should have noted a few things I hadn't seen anyone else post about yet.

1) The top of the tailgate has a fairly pronounced flare that looks like it should help aerodynamics/mpgs.
2) The contours of the roof panel also look like they were designed with aerodynamics/mpgs in mind. There's fairly obvious channels for air to flow over.
3) The rear windows all the use the standard Ford privacy glass which looked fairly dark in the sun.
Nice to hear about the rear privacy class, thx

Ribwich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ooh, this one's very close to what I ordered.

1) The top of the tailgate has a fairly pronounced flare that looks like it should help aerodynamics/mpgs.
On some cars this is an add-on piece called a "gurney flap"

millertyme15

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano, Chrysler 200, Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you know what type of cover that was on the bed?

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is exactly what I ordered Area 51 XLT with Luxury and FX4 packages. I your mind what really stood out the most when you seen it the first time ? Do you think we are getting a nice looking truck for the money that they are asking for them ? Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
LDProductions

LDProductions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Ford Escape
This is exactly what I ordered Area 51 XLT with Luxury and FX4 packages. I your mind what really stood out the most when you seen it the first time ? Do you think we are getting a nice looking truck for the money that they are asking for them ? Thanks
My first impression was that it looked solid, and like a truck, not a crossover or SUV. The proportions all seemed right.

It seemed like the design was really well thought out and all the panels flowed really nicely.

The suspension looked nice too, not sure if there are differences on the FX4 vs. other models, but the springs were a nice black powder coat.

Can’t say anything about the interior quality, but from the outside it looked great.

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck, but Alto Blue, and alloys with the all terrain tires. Glad I opted for those over the black wheels and Pirelli tires. Will contrast nicely with the color.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice! Current car twins, even interior/exterior color. I just have the spindle grill. Excellent comparison for size for me. 😆
Sponsored