Sponsored

Area 51 Maverick so glad I changed my color

CMOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
My order was confirmed Dec 21' and still haven't heard anything from Ford about a production date. Only plus side is saw a Maverick with the area 51 color in my town. The area 51 color is definitely different in person than what I thought it'd be. Since seeing it in person I've changed my color to the hot pepper red. Thanks Ford for not building my maverick yet so I'm not disappointed in my color choice. Now I'd like to get my maverick by the end of the year!!

Serious question, that's not the official Ford name of the color, is it?

CMOS
Sponsored

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I never considered the Area51, though some of the photos posted here have turned my head. Then finally, finally today I saw only the second Mav I'd ever seen in my city, and it was A51. Definitely not a color I'd choose, I'm with the OP, I'm going with HPR. Was originally Cactus Gray, but that HPR just keeps calling me.

CMOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
It sure is
Thanks.

I'll be ordering the Cyber Orange.

Looks more like a bright yellow. Gonna name the truck, "Sting".

CMOS

OP
OP
ERob81

ERob81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
I never considered the Area51, though some of the photos posted here have turned my head. Then finally, finally today I saw only the second Mav I'd ever seen in my city, and it was A51. Definitely not a color I'd choose, I'm with the OP, I'm going with HPR. Was originally Cactus Gray, but that HPR just keeps calling me.
I was loving the Area 51 . Then I am big on researching ford colors so the more I saw Area 51 in pictures it made me so unsure and then I seen it in person. It changed my decision 100% to HPR. Now Iā€™m anxiously awaiting my Maverick even more than before. Itā€™s been a long 6 months so far šŸ˜

Sponsored

OP
OP
ERob81

ERob81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Thanks.

I'll be ordering the Cyber Orange.

Looks more like a bright yellow. Gonna name the truck, "Sting".

CMOS
I love colors that are different and CO is that! šŸ˜

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haha I did the opposite. I changed to Area 51 after seeing it in person. Of course I wouldn't want a red truck either so we have different tastes.
I changed from Cactus Grey to Area51 and received Maverick last month and very pleased with Area51 choice. šŸ˜Š but, now that I read about all the issues happening with the Maverick and so many of them rendering it undrivable until parts can be obtained, Iā€™m getting cold feet and with only 1900 miles on my map hybrid Iā€™m wondering if I should sell it. I know the Ford reputation and I still broke down and ordered the Ford maverick last summer and now Iā€™m regretting that as I always had Toyotas and Hondas for the last 35 us with excellent reliability. So now Iā€™m in process of trying to talk myself into selling.

OP
OP
ERob81

ERob81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
I changed from Cactus Grey to Area51 and received Maverick last month and very pleased with Area51 choice. šŸ˜Š but, now that I read about all the issues happening with the Maverick and so many of them rendering it undrivable until parts can be obtained, Iā€™m getting cold feet and with only 1900 miles on my map hybrid Iā€™m wondering if I should sell it. I know the Ford reputation and I still broke down and ordered the Ford maverick last summer and now Iā€™m regretting that as I always had Toyotas and Hondas for the last 35 us with excellent reliability. So now Iā€™m in process of trying to talk myself into selling.
šŸ¤ž when I eventually get mine thereā€™s never any major issues

s.ober

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Prius; 1998 Sienna
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guess you have not seen the Cactus Gray in person?? Too bad, as it rocks with class!! ;)

But, hey, Ford will probably give you a lot more time to decide by not rushing to produce your order. :)
I test drove the Cactus Gray. I like it, Area 51 and Cyber Orange. Cyber won out.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I have one of each on order - A51 and HPR. Not sure what model year they will be once built, but..........

Sponsored
OP
OP
ERob81

ERob81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
I test drove the Cactus Gray. I like it, Area 51 and Cyber Orange. Cyber won out.
Cactus grey is a different color and I like different but HPR stood out to me more. Glad Ford has the different colors from the norm to choose from.

AnnieWaits

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You cannot be happy about delays on this forum! Complaints only.
AND GET OFF MY LAWN WHILE YOU'RE AT IT!

I ordered a Cactus Grey XL, but if mine gets bumped to a 2023 model, I might switch to Area 51, it's really grown on me.

OP
OP
ERob81

ERob81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
AND GET OFF MY LAWN WHILE YOU'RE AT IT!

I ordered a Cactus Grey XL, but if mine gets bumped to a 2023 model, I might switch to Area 51, it's really grown on me.
There may be different colors in 2023
Sponsored