JVolpe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beater truck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Area 51 Maverick XLT vs 4th gen CRV (pre facelift).

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club Maverick XLT Area 51
Sponsored

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided

JVolpe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beater truck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pics by Docvak. It's an XLT 2.0L EcoBoost in Area 51. Luxury Package, CoPilot 360, and 4K Towing Package. His review:

So I’m 5’5”, not the tallest guy around and I was very excited when I heard they were coming out with a compact truck. And it meets my expectations, exceeds them even. The truck is nearly exactly as tall as I am with the packages it has installed. If I remember correctly, the Fx4 package adds more ground clearance so it’ll be a bit taller than I.
When I got in the drivers seat, I loved how adjustable everything was and I was able to set it perfectly to me and my driving. The trainer who was there was 5’11” and had a significant amount of room sitting behind me. He showed us the instrument cluster where his 2.0l EcoBoost was getting around 29MPG. When asked about the official MPG, he mentioned that while there are stickers floating around, nothings official just yet, but that’s about you can probably expect.
He also mentioned the sizes of the tanks, which I haven’t personally heard before. The Hybrid model has a 13.1 gallon tank installed in it. While the 2.0L EcoBoost has a 16.4 gallon tank installed in it.
Personally, I’m sold. I’d thought for awhile about whether or not this was a good purchase because I did have reservations originally, but now after sitting in it for myself and getting to touch it with my own hands I’m fully onboard.

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club Area 51 2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost 2

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club Area 51 2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost 1

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club Area 51 2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost 3

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club Area 51 2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost 4

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club Area 51 2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost 6

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club Area 51 2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost 5

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club Area 51 2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost 7

Video

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
You know, even ordering a Lariat Lux, I still love the simplistic interior. I'm a minimalist guy, so less is more for me. Those are great pics.

Thanks for the post.

LDProductions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Ford Escape
A local dealer had a trainer in today that I got a chance to take a look at. Wasn't able to get into the vehicle or the bed, but was able to get a good sense of how big the truck actually is and how it sits.

Overall impressions are that it's built like and feels like a truck, like a smaller F150 rather than an SUV. My sales guy mentioned that he got to sit in it and it felt like it was decent sized. The trainer also mentioned to him that it's one of the smoothest riding vehicles he's experienced (take those impressions for what they're worth)

Took a couple of pictures of it from various angles and with my Lexus CT200h next to it for some size comparisons. It's definitely longer and a touch wider than the Lexus, but not massive in comparison.

Updated with extra notes:

1) The top of the tailgate has a fairly pronounced flare that looks like it should help aerodynamics/mpgs.​
2) The contours of the roof panel also look like they were designed with aerodynamics/mpgs in mind. There's fairly obvious channels for air to flow over.​
3) The rear windows all the use the standard Ford privacy glass which looked fairly dark in the sun.​

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club 2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Area 51 - 1

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club 2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Area 51 - 2

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club 2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Area 51 - 3

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club 2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Area 51 - 4

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club 2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Area 51 - 5

Sponsored

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
What's less about the XLT interior vs the Lariat interior in your opinion?

The Lariat has a more simplistic interior to me. XLT interior looks far more cohesive with Area 51 than the Lariat interior though. I don't see the Lariat interior colors looking good with A51 at all.
I wasn't trying to compare it based on trim levels. I meant as Lariat Lux being a "luxury" trim level, where you have other automakers going away from physical buttons, stuff like that. I don't know. Maybe it's just how my brain processes things.

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

2.0L EcoBoost
Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Area 51 XLT Maverick currently at Villa Ford in Orange, CA

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club Area 51 2022 Ford Maverick XLT 1

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club Area 51 2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well fellas, I officially joined the Area 51 club today. I originally ordered a Cyber Orange Lariat Lux Hybrid but after going through the packages and options I found it made more sense $$ wise to go with the First Edition. For $191 more than the Dora on my Cyber Orange I'm adding a moonroof, the tonneau cover and all the other graphic and paint stuff. I was trying to decide between the Carbonized Gray and Area 51 and we know which one won. I'm okay if I have to wait a little longer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

2.0L EcoBoost
Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Area 51 Maverick Lariat with motorcycle secured in bed and a good look at the bed cubby holes on the sides of the bed.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Love all the pics. I was really on the fence with the color. Originally I wanted Alto Blue but they want 400 bucks for that color (I'm Cheap, that is why I am looking at this truck) so I went with A51. Then I saw a Bronco Sport in Cactus Gray and I was really second guessing my choice. Thanks to Monica and all the other Pic Posters I think I am at peace with my choice.

MavrickEcoBoost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Well fellas, I officially joined the Area 51 club today. I originally ordered a Cyber Orange Lariat Lux Hybrid but after going through the packages and options I found it made more sense $$ wise to go with the First Edition. For $191 more than the Dora on my Cyber Orange I'm adding a moonroof, the tonneau cover and all the other graphic and paint stuff. I was trying to decide between the Carbonized Gray and Area 51 and we know which one won. I'm okay if I have to wait a little longer.
I agree with you, I went with the same color and went with First Edition as well.
Sponsored