AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club

Jersie

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Got my hands on this one today! So this gem supposedly is the second one in New Jersey and I got to drive it today. My opinion, overall fit and finish is absolutely beautiful for what the vehicle is, so let me explain I currently am driving a 2014 Ford fusion so I’m used to that vinyl wrapped dash, doors center consul and such. Everything in the Maverick as we all know is plastic. So the only negative that I have on this vehicle for a first impression is if you’re one of those people that’s really rough on a vehicle, keys in your hands, bags on your shoulders you’re going to mark the plastic up and it’s gonna look rough in a short period of time. If you are relatively gentle on a vehicle it will be beautiful for a long time. The seats were comfortable, the screen was as big as the one in my fusion so it’s what I’m used to. Lots and lots and lots of cubbies and storage and little spaces for things. So let’s talk power, this is not a V8 you cannot expect V8 power out of this thing, this one that I drove is the 2.0 all-wheel-drive and was quite spunky. The maverick has multiple modes which you could feel the power differences between them. Overall it was fun and reasonably agile to drive, did have a little bit of road noise almost like a breaking noise on low speed turns. Soundsystem was better than I expected, if you are a hard-core music person you’re going to still be upgrading the sound system. So that’s my quick overview mine is on order coming in sometime between January and spring. Still super excited and I will miss my slightly more plush interior of my fusion but it’s time to treat myself to a new vehicle. Any questions happy to answer them, and the color way better in person than these pictures could even portray!

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club 9137D398-2FAD-4F5F-894B-CF31732C9124

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club E8D2A6E7-C850-493D-B975-11F2DC1309C9

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club D6A32897-79D8-408C-B270-039F744A5455

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club E4F5F977-7514-4EDD-B3B8-07D758E7D203

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club F06F026D-0B89-452E-BC21-37A5EADA14C2

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club 4FFAB66C-2365-464B-9C72-E11B3B908DB0
Sponsored

JVolpe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beater truck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Deleted member 2764

Hi all. Haven’t responded to a lot on the site. But couldn’t resist letting you all know that from yesterday to today my Maverick’s status is “in production.” It is a week early from the last email I received from Ford. It’s an Area51, XLT, 2.0 EB, AWD, Lux, 360CP, 4K tow, vinyl mats, spray in bed liner, manual rear window, I think that’s it!?! Hope Ford isn’t screwing with me!!!

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all. Haven’t responded to a lot on the site. But couldn’t resist letting you all know that from yesterday to today my Maverick’s status is “in production.” It is a week early from the last email I received from Ford. It’s an Area51, XLT, 2.0 EB, AWD, Lux, 360CP, 4K tow, vinyl mats, spray in bed liner, manual rear window, I think that’s it!?! Hope Ford isn’t screwing with me!!!
Mine was scheduled for week of 10/25 and went "in production" on 10/19. Pretty sure it's built now, the order tracker won't work but the modules are showing activated. They seem to be on schedule I guess.

Tking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Subaru Legacy Outback & '86 F250 4x4 6.9 idi
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here’s an area51 from my local dealership. Sorry about the quality
I saw two Bronco Sports in Area 51 on Tuesday. First time I've seen the color in person. I was surprised at how much more "teal" the color is. Your photos show the color well. Most phone cameras register blue/green colors as blue.

My question to those who've received theirs is how does it look as it gets dirty?

My current and previous vehicles have both been white which doesn't look as bad as dark colors when dirty.

Sponsored

XLTLUXA51

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650r, Suzuki SX4, Buell blast 500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw two Bronco Sports in Area 51 on Tuesday. First time I've seen the color in person. I was surprised at how much more "teal" the color is. Your photos show the color well. Most phone cameras register blue/green colors as blue.

My question to those who've received theirs is how does it look as it gets dirty?

My current and previous vehicles have both been white which doesn't look as bad as dark colors when dirty.
I’ve seen a bronco sport in area51 get pretty dirty. I think it does a good job of hiding road dust and grime and will probably look great slap covered in mud but I haven’t witnessed that yet

TalkToMeGoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I placed an order for a 4K Area 51 Lariat Lux a couple of weeks ago and by an amazing stroke of luck found a nearly identical build (difference was it’s a First Edition) this past Thursday at a dealership an hour from where I live. Purchased it at MSRP and called the original dealership to cancel my order. Extremely happy with the Area 51 color, which I was somewhat skeptical of at first because it looked different depending on picture lighting. But it really does look amazing in person

pjlawton

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition Lariat
Just joined today. My Area 51 Lariat First Edition should be here next week. I've seen Area 51 in the Bronco Sport and like the color a lot, but, I also really like the Gray as well. Oh well, I've been waiting a long time, really ready to drive my new truck.

Last edited:
Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have an Alto Blue Lariat ordered, but was looking at the Area 51 color. I wanted to see it in person since it looks different in every picture. Finally saw a Bronco Sport today in it, and it may be making me change my mind and save $350. It has an ashy blue color in my opinion and looks pretty nice.

JamestownND!

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chev
I ordered the Area 51 color because of the clean look, nothing to over the top. Can't wait for it to arrive!

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an Alto Blue Lariat ordered, but was looking at the Area 51 color. I wanted to see it in person since it looks different in every picture. Finally saw a Bronco Sport today in it, and it may be making me change my mind and save $350. It has an ashy blue color in my opinion and looks pretty nice.
I just saw a Bronco in A51 the other day, first time seeing the color in person and I really liked how it looked so that made me feel better about my decision.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I put in my order for an XLT in Area 51 on 11/1. I like the Area 51 color but almost ordered the Alto blue. The reason being that I think that Area 51 may be the most popular color and I didn't want to see like 9 out of 10 Maverick in my area be Area 51 and feel it was too common a color if that makes any sense. Well in the end I decided that Alto blue was just a little too dark and went with the Area 51.

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can't get over the color differences in some of these photos. I saw a Bronco Sport in Area51 yesterday. I would say in person it looked closer to the top photo here, though probably somewhere in between...

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club Area51 comparison.JPG
Sponsored