Sponsored

Are you going to jump ship if Subaru presents a new version of Baja in 2023?

Ferroplasm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Former Subaru Baja owner (sold it for the Maverick) and SiL also works for Subaru.
I would certainly consider a Subaru pickup, but I’m sticking with the Maverick unless Subaru puts out a hybrid or EV.
The bed would also need to be at least as large as the Maverick’s.
Sponsored

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Lol I still have the Model Y. It’s being neglected because I can’t stop driving the maverick. I do love it.
So you wouldn't own a Subaru, but you own a Tesla....LMAO...ooook.
My wife's 4ht gen Outback will run 80 all day and get 30mpg in comfortable leather seats and can climb a mountain with proper clearance.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd sure buy one. But by the time it may come out I'd probably have the Mav.... Mabe

Laricat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Make it a PHEV Baja and I'm there. I would jump for a hybrid Honda Ridgeline too. The way Mav scheduling is going, both of those might be actual things before I get my Mav.

TorqueWrenchUSA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03' VDC Outback wagon, 97' zoom zoom Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope. Even though I currently own a 03' Outback VDC 3.0L wagon (Same generation as the Baja). I just can't justify how far south Subaru's reliability and performance went. Test drove a 2021 Outback at one point and had a 2021 Legacy Premium for a little while since I needed them to replace the lower control arms on my outback. (was welding in new floor pans on my friends TJ wrangler and didn't have garage space to get it done before I drove from Ohio to Texas). Jerky throttle response, non-consistant brake peddle feel, lack of power from the 2.5L, cvt trans was horrible in all ways imaginable, infotainment would randomly shut off, lane wondering with the electronic steering on the highway, and more.

No opinion regarding how they are doing in the EV department. I just know Subaru isn't as good as it used to be.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope. Even though I currently own a 03' Outback VDC 3.0L wagon (Same generation as the Baja). I just can't justify how far south Subaru's reliability and performance went. Test drove a 2021 Outback at one point and had a 2021 Legacy Premium for a little while since I needed them to replace the lower control arms on my outback. (was welding in new floor pans on my friends TJ wrangler and didn't have garage space to get it done before I drove from Ohio to Texas). Jerky throttle response, non-consistant brake peddle feel, lack of power from the 2.5L, cvt trans was horrible in all ways imaginable, infotainment would randomly shut off, lane wondering with the electronic steering on the highway, and more.

No opinion regarding how they are doing in the EV department. I just know Subaru isn't as good as it used to be.
Friends loved Subaru's until recently, bought as new 2016 Model already trashed with tons of multiple high dollar repairs- They gave up and found a new- Rav4- Which is surprising for this couple to leave that brand :)

Last edited:

Stealth Raccoon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Based on how satisfied I am with my Maverick, I don't think Subaru is capable of improving upon the Maverick to the point I would purchase one. I got everything I wanted in a pickup for $25k, and I know Subaru can't meet that target; price, packaging, aesthetics, performance, etc.

pickupdude

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
never another subaru. cvt costs 8 grand to repair and goes out at 100,000. i will admit that they are super capable and comfortable when they are running.

Fix4Dirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Explorer XLT SOHC 4x4 2" Lift
Engine
Undecided
imo i wouldnt go for a baja. my family has got ascent, and just did spark plugs yesterday... needless to say much harder than the Explorer, and wanted to have a spark plug bonfire after :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored