Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just noticed that in the bed of my Hybrid, the area where the storage cubbies go are covered by the hard drop in bedliner which I ordered with my truck. Are the doors to the storage underneath the bedliner? If not, what is there instead?

I also noticed the 12v power outlet ports are also covered by the hard drop in bedliner unfortunately.

Ford Maverick Are there bed storage cubbies on the XL hybrid? Covered by drop-in bedliner 6552D4A9-6461-43DF-B549-2E00576A4BB8

Ford Maverick Are there bed storage cubbies on the XL hybrid? Covered by drop-in bedliner 56CA394C-9AFF-4EB5-A468-C86D4EC0307C

Ford Maverick Are there bed storage cubbies on the XL hybrid? Covered by drop-in bedliner 4B383EF9-A50F-417A-8FBA-C70D0789D564
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™m confused why Ford made a drop in bed liner cover the access panels. As for your question. I donā€™t believe you get side storage compartments on the XL. You can add them but with a drop in bed liner covering it I donā€™t see why you would. In its place there is a plastic cover and inside is blank space. Someone please correct if something I said is inaccurate.

OP
OP

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™m confused why Ford made a drop in bed liner cover the access panels. As for your question. I donā€™t believe you get side storage compartments on the XL. You can add them but with a drop in bed liner covering it I donā€™t see why you would. In its place there is a plastic cover and inside is blank space. Someone please correct if something I said is inaccurate.
Thats what I was guessing. Maybe I can find a way to add in my own cubbies eventually with heavy duty locking metal doors.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just noticed that in the bed of my Hybrid, the area where the storage cubbies go are covered by the hard drop in bedliner which I ordered with my truck. Are the doors to the storage underneath the bedliner? If not, what is there instead?

I also noticed the 12v power outlet ports are also covered by the hard drop in bedliner unfortunately.

6552D4A9-6461-43DF-B549-2E00576A4BB8.jpeg

56CA394C-9AFF-4EB5-A468-C86D4EC0307C.jpeg

4B383EF9-A50F-417A-8FBA-C70D0789D564.jpeg
That's why drop in bed liners suck I'd take it back to my dealer and say take this thing out I don't want it in my truck give me my money back. And then taken to get an aftermarket sprayed in bed liner instead and you will have to use of all the stuff your supposed to have access to

OP
OP

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's why drop in bed liners suck I'd take it back to my dealer and say take this thing out I don't want it in my truck give me my money back. And then taken to get an aftermarket sprayed in bed liner instead and you will have to use of all the stuff your supposed to have access to
Iā€™m very happy with the bedliner, I just wish ford cut out holes for the 12v hookup. No big deal I can do it myself Iā€™m sure they cut holes for the storage cubbies if your trim level comes with them.

Sponsored

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT

6552D4A9-6461-43DF-B549-2E00576A4BB8.jpeg

56CA394C-9AFF-4EB5-A468-C86D4EC0307C.jpeg

4B383EF9-A50F-417A-8FBA-C70D0789D564.jpeg
I hope this isn't the standard? Doesn't make much sense. Thanks for the post, I'll have to check this on mine when I pick it up.

OP
OP

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also FYI, I never specifically ordered the bed cubbies, I only ordered the hard drop in bedliner. I just had no idea whether or not the XL trim level came with the cubbies standard.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™m very happy with the bedliner, I just wish ford cut out holes for the 12v hookup. No big deal I can do it myself Iā€™m sure they cut holes for the storage cubbies if your trim level comes with them.
So you cut out the panels water gets under the liner which vibrates followed by rustšŸ„ŗ

Sponsored

scottrrr

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
So, does anybody have an XLT/Lux with the dop-in? Can you confirm that there is access to the plugs and storage? I switched mine to drop-in because of contraints, but that does look like a very clean fit!

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also FYI, I never specifically ordered the bed cubbies, I only ordered the hard drop in bedliner. I just had no idea whether or not the XL trim level came with the cubbies standard.
They don't but you can order them as a seperate part and put them in afterwards. Only issue is every dealer I've asked says they either can't get them right now or they are on back order. Supposedly sometime in Feb. or Mar. is the earliest the dealers I talked to says they can get these items . Maybe you'll fare better with your local dealer(s) if want to try ordering them.

You can get the part number from this thread if you want to try ordering one. I've been quoted by the parts departments at the dealers I asked that they will cost about $40 when they can get them in.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...agram-and-writeup-diy.2658/page-4#post-105299

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
THe compartment is there, but it doesnt have the latching door. FWIW My buddy has the Lariat with the "Door" and wtf would you even put in there, it's TINY. Llike maybe 12"? If that?

shocontinental

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid