Sponsored

Are RokBlokz the way to go for mud flaps that won't damage paint?

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

OK. I am just telling you, once they are installed and you aren't staring at the mud flaps from 6 inches away, you will never notice the logos. Seriously, it's almost always dark/in shadow down there at the bottom behind the wheels. Trust me, you think it's a big deal now. You'll never think about it again a couple days after the flaps are there.

At least that's how it was for me. Your OCD may be stronger than mine!
I can second that the black on black is virtually invisible IRL.
Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the Ford OEM ones a lot better. Besides being way overpriced, the RokBlokz look almost home-made, and the mounting bolts/large washers stick out like a sore thumb - don't look "factory" at all.
I had the RokBlotz and they just did not protect the rear fenders from mud splashing. Threw way and use the Amazon Ford Licensed LONG mud flaps on the REAR and short OEM ones on the FRONT wheels...much, much more protection from splattering of mud from rear fender...and look much better even though they were 1/2 the price of the RokBlotz.

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed these a couple of days ago. Installation was easy, and they fit perfectly.

After reading the concerns on the forum, I've ordered a roll of 3M paint protection tape that I will place on the paint under the mudflap where it overlaps.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072QX69TB
This is part of the listing...but the word "optional" leaves me to wonder if it is "optional" to put on or "optional" to buy. What say you @Muslogy Auto ?
Ford Maverick Are RokBlokz the way to go for mud flaps that won't damage paint? 1679499726980

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is part of the listing...but the word "optional" leaves me to wonder if it is "optional" to put on or "optional" to buy.
The felt is included in the package. I put it on, but am still going to put the 3M tape on the paint where the flap overlaps.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The felt is included in the package. I put it on, but am still going to put the 3M tape on the paint where the flap overlaps.
Thanks! These look like they would do me well for my needs. Not planning on mudding with my beautiful hybrid, but there is way too much splashing around here to leave them off.
I just can't see putting on expensive-ugly or OEM-paint damaging mudflaps.

Muslogy Auto

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
This is part of the listing...but the word "optional" leaves me to wonder if it is "optional" to put on or "optional" to buy. What say you @Muslogy Auto ?
1679499726980.png
Optional to put on. The felts are included in the package.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus St
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, but they're not rubber. They're plastic. And yes, they're stupid expensive.
I’ve met the guy he does them himself just a small business they’re not plastic they’re composite which is a lot stronger. They don’t flap like rally armors will and I think they have a better look in the long run, they’re a little pricier but I think they’re worth the money

kkreit01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick, '17 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rockblokz remind me of the flat, plastic mudflaps I used to put on my cars in the early 90s -- only 10X the price.

texasPI

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought Rokblokz. Installed them this morning. For the price, they could at least include black screws instead of silver. I ended up painting all the screws so they wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks! These look like they would do me well for my needs. Not planning on mudding with my beautiful hybrid, but there is way too much splashing around here to leave them off.
I just can't see putting on expensive-ugly or OEM-paint damaging mudflaps.
And they are now on my truck. Look great, feel sturdy, and was an easy install.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought Rokblokz. Installed them this morning. For the price, they could at least include black screws instead of silver. I ended up painting all the screws so they wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb.
The original ones were black. They might have switched when people were complaining about the hardware rusting. Supposedly it was stainless, but I suppose they might have been using a phosphate coating (a sort of rust in itself) that could discolor.

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed mine about a month ago and all my hardware was black. Otherwise I would have painted all of it.
Sponsored