Sponsored

Are RokBlokz the way to go for mud flaps that won't damage paint?

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I love how some of you take esthetics to a whole new level. These are mud flaps and are not designed to be pretty. If you want something that will protect your paint and undercarriage they must stick out beyond the wheel well. If they curve around the wheel well they will rub and damage the paint.
Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rokbloz are great- Hardware could be better though

hellokitty1984

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought these full price and regret nothing. They look and work great.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the ROKBLOKZ front and back with grey lettering that matched the truck and they are expensive. ROKBLOKZ provides stainless steel screws and decent quality nylon clippy things for the existing holes in the truck so the screws don't damage the paint. There is a small gap between the flap and the paint (follow the installation instructions) that keeps them from contacting the paint.
Also, keeping the wheel wells clean of built-up mud in that gap will help keep the paint from getting damaged more than it has to.
These have helped keep that driver's side taillight from getting plastered because they come up a bit to help cover that gap in the wheel well.
Overall, a well thought out product.
Is the finish the same on both sides of the mudflap other than the logo? Are the driver's side and passenger side front and rear mudflaps mirror images of each other. The reason I ask is I'm not really a fan of the logo and they don't make them without. If the driver's side and passenger side flaps are identical except for which side the logo is on, I could install them on the opposite side from where they're suppose to be and put the logo on the inside of the wheel well. Since you have these, does this sound like it is doable? Thanks.

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Is the finish the same on both sides of the mudflap other than the logo? Are the driver's side and passenger side front and rear mudflaps mirror images of each other. The reason I ask is I'm not really a fan of the logo and they don't make them without. If the driver's side and passenger side flaps are identical except for which side the logo is on, I could install them on the opposite side from where they're suppose to be and put the logo on the inside of the wheel well. Since you have these, does this sound like it is doable? Thanks.
If you just get the black on black the logo is practically invisible in real world conditions.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you just get the black on black the logo is practically invisible in real world conditions.
That’s an option but I still would like to know if I could reverse them even with the black on black.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That’s an option but I still would like to know if I could reverse them even with the black on black.
OK. I am just telling you, once they are installed and you aren't staring at the mud flaps from 6 inches away, you will never notice the logos. Seriously, it's almost always dark/in shadow down there at the bottom behind the wheels. Trust me, you think it's a big deal now. You'll never think about it again a couple days after the flaps are there.

At least that's how it was for me. Your OCD may be stronger than mine!

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To be sure, I'd have to take them off to see if they are mirror images of each other. As for mounting them on the opposite sides of where they're supposed to be, I can't tell for sure without taking them off. The hole patterns may be different for each side.
Sorry, I'm not much help here.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What about these mudflaps? No annoying logo, looks like the OEM flaps, and are cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BRRX3YXP?
They would be ok if they didn't go over the paint on the fender.
Ford Maverick Are RokBlokz the way to go for mud flaps that won't damage paint? Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 7.14.08 AM

It seems a lot of manufacturers are using this type of design. Just another place for dirt and grime to settle and grind on the finish. Trying to avoid this type of mudflap.

Euby

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looking at installation videos of the Gatorbacks and the Rockblokz, the Rockblokz do seem to have a little more coverage underneath(area circled in photos) to help keep crap going under the bed area.
I seem to remember somewhere in the posts that the gap in the wheel well getting all of the mud and grime was only on Ecoboosts. That the Hybrid wheel well was more complete? Does anyone else remember this? It would make a difference as to which type I may end up ordering.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I seem to remember somewhere in the posts that the gap in the wheel well getting all of the mud and grime was only on Ecoboosts. That the Hybrid wheel well was more complete? Does anyone else remember this? It would make a difference as to which type I may end up ordering.
My hybrid looks like the FX4 in the RokBlokz installation video.

My hybrid:
Ford Maverick Are RokBlokz the way to go for mud flaps that won't damage paint? IMG_2527

EcoBoost FX4 from RokBlokz video:
Ford Maverick Are RokBlokz the way to go for mud flaps that won't damage paint? Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 8.05.50 AM

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine