Sponsored

Are RokBlokz the way to go for mud flaps that won't damage paint?

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not really. Even if people only keep their vehicle for 5 years that is an average cost of $2.30 per week over the 5 years of ownership.
That makes my $52 set an incredible deal at 20 cents per week!!!
Sponsored

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not really. Even if people only keep their vehicle for 5 years that is an average cost of $2.30 per week over the 5 years of ownership.
You sound like Tim Cook. The new iPhone costs less than the cost of a cup of coffee everyday. :ROFLMAO:

And if I take them off when I get rid of the truck and cut them into coasters and use them for the next 20 years, that lowers the cost of ownership even more.

They are expensive.

Retired

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid, 2012 focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That makes my $52 set an incredible deal at 20 cents per week!!!
What makes you think they will last 5 years?

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have and like my Rockblokz. Their design so far keeps the underside of my rocker panel free of front tire residue. It instead hits the flap in front of the back tire, and the back flap so far is keeping away the buildup of "stuff" in between the bed and quarter panel and in the bumper. So far, glad I got them!

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only issue I've had with the RokBlokz is the stock pushpin retainer re-used in the lower front isn't quite up to the task and both of mine went AWOL during the winter probably getting caught on snow. Put some other ones in from my big assortment of trim fasteners.
Mine came with new, longer push pins. All of the OE hardware I removed got thrown into the trash. They seem very well attached. I don't think there will be any issues with these.

GaryHoosier

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Maverick 2.0L XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Every time I see those molded mud flaps I think how much those curved cup like surfaces will hold mud and slush. Been there done that but nevermore.
I hate the RokBlokz price but for no paint damage, ease of installation, more flexibility and self cleaning surface they are the only ones on my list at this time. I would be willing pay $10 more for no logo though :cool:
Yep, I concur.
Though admittedly pricey, I went with a set for my Mav...it's a matter of "money is no object" for my Pride&Joy, LOL.
But, having been through a pretty harsh Wisconsin winter with them now, I can attest that they've held up well, do the job, and fit perfectly.
Ford Maverick Are RokBlokz the way to go for mud flaps that won't damage paint? 20220827_134507
Ford Maverick Are RokBlokz the way to go for mud flaps that won't damage paint? Resized_20220827_134559001_363

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, I concur.
Though admittedly pricey, I went with a set for my Mav...it's a matter of "money is no object" for my Pride&Joy, LOL.
But, having been through a pretty harsh Wisconsin winter with them now, I can attest that they've held up well, do the job, and fit perfectly.
20220827_134507.jpg
Resized_20220827_134559001_363.jpeg
That is one nice looking truck you have there!!

sarduyjorge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Installed mine for under $110 no issues for over a year and a half
Did a YouTube on the instalation, look my name up 👍

Ford Maverick Are RokBlokz the way to go for mud flaps that won't damage paint? SmartSelect_20230317_112256_eBay

Sponsored

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have and like my Rockblokz. Their design so far keeps the underside of my rocker panel free of front tire residue. It instead hits the flap in front of the back tire, and the back flap so far is keeping away the buildup of "stuff" in between the bed and quarter panel and in the bumper. So far, glad I got them!
Looking at installation videos of the Gatorbacks and the Rockblokz, the Rockblokz do seem to have a little more coverage underneath(area circled in photos) to help keep crap going under the bed area.

Gatorback
Ford Maverick Are RokBlokz the way to go for mud flaps that won't damage paint? Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 11.31.44 AM

Rockblokz
Ford Maverick Are RokBlokz the way to go for mud flaps that won't damage paint? Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 11.42.13 AM

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep, I concur.
One point that I omitted was brought back to mind is the additional rear wheel well protection as mentioned in the video posted in this thread. As I look at the other options mentioned here RokBloks stand alone on this point. It was that point that helped put them on my list in the first place.

Great looking truck btw (y)

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And if they are, does anyone have a current discount code on them? They seem pretty proud of flat pieces of rubber.
I got the ROKBLOKZ front and back with grey lettering that matched the truck and they are expensive. ROKBLOKZ provides stainless steel screws and decent quality nylon clippy things for the existing holes in the truck so the screws don't damage the paint. There is a small gap between the flap and the paint (follow the installation instructions) that keeps them from contacting the paint.
Also, keeping the wheel wells clean of built-up mud in that gap will help keep the paint from getting damaged more than it has to.
These have helped keep that driver's side taillight from getting plastered because they come up a bit to help cover that gap in the wheel well.
Overall, a well thought out product.

GaryHoosier

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Maverick 2.0L XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One point that I omitted was brought back to mind is the additional rear wheel well protection as mentioned in the video posted in this thread. As I look at the other options mentioned here RokBloks stand alone on this point. It was that point that helped put them on my list in the first place.

Great looking truck btw (y)
Yes, I neglected to mention that important extra benefit...and, "Thanks"!