Sponsored

anywhere in Texas to get a Maverick at list price or discounted?

JH6

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Does anyone know of a dealer in Texas that is not selling for over list price?

Looking for a XLT Hybrid.

Thanks,
J
Sponsored

Azolyn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue AWD XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We got mine from Mac Haik for MSRP. They were originally trying to do a 3k markup but I negotiated them down to MSRP.
Also try Leif Johnson. Did a test drive with them and they said they don’t charge over MSRP.
I feel like hybrids are going to be hard to get. Dealerships have mostly been getting eco-boosts.
If they don’t have any, ask to be put on the list to be called and that you’re wanting to buy one. That’s how I got mine

Last edited:

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No no, a quick look shows they are listing at list price. Almost all do that!

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just wait till the 2023's come out (in 2024) then dealers everywhere will be discounting the 2022 model!

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm guessing they will be readily available in 2025, so maybe try then. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, finding a hybrid at all, let alone one at or below MSRP is going to be an uphill battle.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I placed an order for a Maverick Hybrid back on October 1 of 2021 and still do not have one (or even a VIN for one). My chance of it ever being made is likely less than 50% (and that is being at the front of the line as a roll-over).

Your chances of getting one off a dealer's lot for MSRP is really, really low. As for all the search engines (Ford, YAA, etc.) that show Maverick Hybrids at MSRP in transit to a dealer (i.e., uses the stock photos above), these are 100% customer orders. These are automatically uploaded by Ford (or whom-ever Ford uses to manage the dealer websites). Only way a dealer has a chance of getting a Hybrid is if a customer backs out. Since Ford took way more Hybrid orders in September than they can make, any "good" dealer would offer a Hybrid to someone already in line at that dealer (most of which already had a deposit down). As for the "not so good" dealers (most?), they will happily tack on $10k and sell it on the lot. The truly bad dealers will add 10k ADM PLUS another $5k in "mandatory" crap (VIN etching, nitrogen tires, etc.). While the car industry is very quickly transitioning from a seller's market to a buyer's market, in-demand vehicles (ie., anything Hybrid) is likely to stay inflated in price for at least the next year. I am already getting tons of e-mails from dealers offering their gas-guzzling, over-prices trucks and large SUVs for "under invoice". Most of he Chevy and RAM dealerships have gone from empty lots to overflowing in just the last 3-4 months (but my local Ford dealership has only gone from empty to half-empty).

Now if you are willing to take an EcoBoost instead of a Hybrid, then good chance that those will be available for MSRP some-time around next summer after all the current customer orders are filled.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The hybrid that the poster above linked to at Riata Ford appears to be dealer stock, not customer order.
??? What Hybrid? The 3 pictures above are all Ecos. Clicking on the link also goes to an Eco. The other two no longer show up so are probably now in the garage of the customers that ordered them back in September of 2021.

The one above with dealer added options is a customer order that was potentially rejected for what-ever reason. Notice that it says "Not in Stock - In Transit" and yet it already has Dealer Od-ons built into the price. If you go to about any Ford dealer website in the country, you will see similar pictures. If you call up, most good dealers will tell you that it is a customer order but they will be "happy to call you if they decide to not take it". The bad dealers will say "absolutely. Come on in and see it" and then the Maverick magically becomes unavailable 5 minutes before you show up. They then try to sell you one of the Rangers or F150s they have on the lot. I bet there are close to 100 posts on this forum about that exact scenario.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reach out to Sewell Ford in Odessa. I purchased a cancelled order off lot in the spring. 0 Markup, no shenanigan's, STELLAR dealer. Raul was my salesman, can't hurt to reach out and ask. I drove about 2 hours further than you should be to get it.

Local dealers are all garbage. If I order in the future, I will probably be doing it there.

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

what are the 'dealer added option' ?
For one I looked at (and rejected), it included several items:
  • Paint protection - basically a 1-year wax job that had to be re-applied every year to keep the "protection" in place.
  • Dent and ding protection - they would repair (free) any ding or dent that was smaller than a credit card, but only on the sides of the vehicle. Hail damage was specifically excluded.
  • Tire protection – basically road hazard protection (like you get at Discount Tire for <$20 / tire).
  • Wheel protection – if the OEM wheels were ever damaged severely enough that they would not hold air or could not be balanced properly, they would replace them. But if you replaced your OEM wheels with aftermarket, it only covered $800 total (lifetime).
  • GPS - while admitting that FordPass can also help recover a stolen vehicle, their add-on GPS was "better" because it could not be "deprogrammed" by disconnecting the battery. And their "special GPS" would NOT allow the police to "track me" if I didn't report the vehicle as stolen.
All these had separate line-item costs (roughly $1500 each for the first four), with the total adding about $11,000 to the vehicle's price. Accepting all of them was non-negotiable, as was the price. It added 31% to the MSRP of the Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux they were trying to see me.
Sponsored