Sponsored

Anyone upgraded to more aggressive tires? Blizzaks or BF goodrich KO2’s?

Tonyd322

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone upgraded their tires to something more aggressive like for instance, blizzaks or BF goodrich KO2’s?

I’m wondering how many mpgs I would lose in my hybrid if i went to a more aggressive yet same size tire. If any of you have made the tire swap, please let me know the difference in mpg’s
Sponsored

Baloo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 Lux Ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There are literally dozens of threads on this topic.

Sponsored

MinntoMich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10, Renegade, Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I shouldn't reply to this as I'm still waiting for my Maverick but I do have a tire recommendation... Michelin Cross Climate 2. Have them on a front drive car now and have been impressed. Excellent traction in snow and they corner well around town. Doesn't matter the moisture content of the snow they pull the car along nicely. The car they are on is a 12' Impala and it will handle and drive better then our 14' Renegade AWD with BF Goodrich tires. To be fair, they have more in common with a Goodyear Eagle, not really an all season tire if you factor in a significant snowfall.
Since your hybrid is essentially a passenger car I would go with these. You don't mention the amount and type of driving you will be doing and the drawback to this Michelin may be the treadwear life. That being said they really are a good tire.

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have thunderer Ranger 265/70/17 on a hybrid. I sometimes get over 40 but typically 32-33 mpg (obviously way larger than stock)

First Name
Avi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick laroat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have thunderer Ranger 265/70/17 on a hybrid. I sometimes get over 40 but typically 32-33 mpg (obviously way larger than stock)
I'm Looking at getting some Yokohama geolander m/t's in 265/65/17
265 is a little over an inch and a half wider than stock 225's and 2 inches taller than stock
How do they fit for you, an rubbing/clearance issues?? Do you have a lift or level kit?

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Deleted member 1483

I have wintercommand ultras and I routinely see 40+ mpg with them. I ordered some wildpeak trails and I’ll have them installed at the end of march.

I don’t like the stock continentals.

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm Looking at getting some Yokohama geolander m/t's in 265/65/17
265 is a little over an inch and a half wider than stock 225's and 2 inches taller than stock
How do they fit for you, an rubbing/clearance issues?? Do you have a lift or level kit?
No I installed a level kit but took it off due to a few reasons. They require some modification such as cutting the pinch welds in the front.

First Name
Avi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick laroat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So do you still have the 265's on?
I'm not extremely interested in cutting much if anything at all to fit some tires. I'd rather go with the same tire in a stick size which is my second choice.
Did you have to modify anything for the level kit? I wanted to do a 1 inch level on the front

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So do you still have the 265's on?
I'm not extremely interested in cutting much if anything at all to fit some tires. I'd rather go with the same tire in a stick size which is my second choice.
Did you have to modify anything for the level kit? I wanted to do a 1 inch level on the front
I'm with you, I already have the RC 1 inch level kit and the 265/60/18 tires and wheels (and I don't have a Mav yet). But if you stick to stock 17 inch wheels, go with 235 or 245/65/17 decent tires. (The stock Continental tires have extremely thin sidewalls). I would replace those very quickly.

Last edited:
First Name
Avi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick laroat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm with you, I already have the RC 1 inch level kit and the 265/60/18 tires and wheels (and I don't have a Mav yet). But if you stick to stock 17 inch wheels, go with 235 or 245/65/17 decent tires. (The stock Continental tires have extremely thin sidewalls). I would replace those very quickly.
When is your mav coming in? Mine is an FX4 so it came with the 225/65/17 pirelli scorpions which I don't completely hate. I've been beating them to death in the sand and on the highway. It's only been 1600 miles and they've done pretty good I can't complain. But...

I am looking at the Yokohama Geolander M/T mainly bc I want the aggressive tread for off road and bc it looks cool.
I'm most likely going to go with stock size 225/65/17 bc I don't want to lose mpg 's and I don't want to adjust the speedo and I don't want to beat on my pinch welds with a lift and bigger or wider tires. I will however do a 1 inch level on the front only for some more ground clearance.
Sponsored