Sponsored

Anyone try Tidal Music? Sound quality Way above Spotify.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've used Spotify Premium (on a family plan) for about two years for streaming. I love the interface and music selection.
However, since getting my Lariat Lux Maverick, I've noticed the sound quality while streaming is Not good. It doesn't matter if it is through Bluetooth or plugged in to USB. I have the settings in the Spotify app set to Very High, and Auto adjust quality set to Off. I also have to turn the radio up to at least Volume 22 to hear it well.

I had used Tidal in the past before the Maverick on a $1 three-month trail and it was OK. After looking it up, Tidal Hifi streams at CD-quality 1411kbps , where Spotify Premium is at Max 320kbps. Both are $9.99/month, but Tidal has a Military/First Responder plan for $5.99/Month.

The difference in Sound Quality is Extremely noticeable. Tidal has much better/cleaner Lows, mids, and highs. I also don't have to crank the Radio up to 22 to hear it.
After a few days of comparing, same songs between Tidal and Spotify apps, I plan on keeping the Tidal service. Playlists can be transferred with 3rd party services, I had already done that in the past.

If anyone wants to compare there's a Free 1 Month trial. Also make sure to select HIFI quality over Cellular in the Tidal App. Interested to see if you have the same experience.
TIDAL - High Fidelity Music Streaming
Sponsored

mw_maeve

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've used Spotify Premium (on a family plan) for about two years for streaming. I love the interface and music selection.
However, since getting my Lariat Lux Maverick, I've noticed the sound quality while streaming is Not good. It doesn't matter if it is through Bluetooth or plugged in to USB. I have the settings in the Spotify app set to Very High, and Auto adjust quality set to Off. I also have to turn the radio up to at least Volume 22 to hear it well.

I had used Tidal in the past before the Maverick on a $1 three-month trail and it was OK. After looking it up, Tidal Hifi streams at CD-quality 1411kbps , where Spotify Premium is at Max 320kbps. Both are $9.99/month, but Tidal has a Military/First Responder plan for $5.99/Month.

The difference in Sound Quality is Extremely noticeable. Tidal has much better/cleaner Lows, mids, and highs. I also don't have to crank the Radio up to 22 to hear it.
After a few days of comparing, same songs between Tidal and Spotify apps, I plan on keeping the Tidal service. Playlists can be transferred with 3rd party services, I had already done that in the past.

If anyone wants to compare there's a Free 1 Month trial. Also make sure to select HIFI quality over Cellular in the Tidal App. Interested to see if you have the same experience.
TIDAL - High Fidelity Music Streaming
Do you work for Tidal?

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tidal and their "music origami" or whatever is so eye roll. .. But also, you're right that Spotify is pretty garbage. Amazon music unlimited HD is what I use and would recommend that. They are pretty affordable, have a pretty good library (including enough kpop lol), and I believe they also have a new user deal. Though honestly, I'm not sure if whatever trash DAC is in my Maverick's infotainment can even take advantage of lossless digital music lol. But my desktop system uses it well and it's cheap enough for prime members so *shrug*

Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I tried this today on my morning commute and you are on to something. I think tidal takes better advantage of my lariat luxs B&O with surround on. Lower volume is clearer and hits better in every aspect.

I'm going to give this a good try, do you have any recommendations on apps to transfer Playlist over?

Side note, I've been using Spotify since like 2014 and tidal's ui was the first app that didn't annoy me outright after being on Spotify for so long.

OP
OP
Gullzway

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:

Guilla

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Hybrid XLT w/Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I drove around all weekend with my friend's Tidal account. Honestly in the base sound system, there is a little quality gain, but not a whole lot. My biggest issue is crossing remote country in North Dakota, the larger data requirement definitely was an issue and music cut in and out a few times. I have not see that with YouTube music or Spotify as much, though it happens still.

There may have been settings we could have changed, but that was the first impression with about 5 hours of driving. Honestly I enjoyed the service, and if I had a nicer sound system it would be worth it.

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I cheat and use Sirius XM. Spoiled, but worth it for me.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I drove around all weekend with my friend's Tidal account. Honestly in the base sound system, there is a little quality gain, but not a whole lot. My biggest issue is crossing remote country in North Dakota, the larger data requirement definitely was an issue and music cut in and out a few times. I have not see that with YouTube music or Spotify as much, though it happens still.

There may have been settings we could have changed, but that was the first impression with about 5 hours of driving. Honestly I enjoyed the service, and if I had a nicer sound system it would be worth it.
you can lower the streaming quality really easy it seems. top right of the app it says "HIFI" and its a drop down to select the quality. so i guess you can downgrade it when needed which is a nice thing to have incase i guess.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think I used this, but there's certain limits on the free option. I think 200 song limit and has to be a user generated playlist. I couldn't transfer my liked songs. Probably other ways.

https://soundiiz.com/tutorial/spotify-to-tidal

https://tidal.com/import-playlist?u...RBxc6nBQWBoCbf4QAvD_BwE&utm_content&placement
i got it to work with the one they link you too. out of 1487 songs on my liked playlist only 18 didnt move over and those were some lofi/piano instrumentals so im impressed tbh.
Sponsored