Sponsored

Anyone seen dealer markup (ADM) on Ford Maverick?

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That should be illegal. Should fall under price gouging
Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WTF is a protection pack?

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably something like PPF on the door handle cups and door jambs.
Seems criminal to me. I'm sure someone will buy it.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No. It's a free market. Retailers can charge whatever they want. Our choice as consumers is to just say no. HOWEVER, trying to change the deal and add an ADM after the fact like some dealers are doing to people who ordered Broncos, THAT should be illegal.

Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WTF is a protection pack?
Probably Simoniz wax, Scotchguard seat fabric protection, maybe those rubber door edge guards. Certainly not enough value to justify the price, never is.

Lvsparky83

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not going to lie, I’m a little worried that once my truck comes in, the dealer will magically add this “Market adjustment” to the price tag. I hate we have to though the Dealer, wish it would be more like Tesla and the price on the screen is what you pay. Dealers can be so Shady!!!!

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nah, they should be able to sell it for whatever they want. Just vote with your wallet and don't buy it 🤷‍♂️

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not going to lie, I’m a little worried that once my truck comes in, the dealer will magically add this “Market adjustment” to the price tag. I hate we have to though the Dealer, wish it would be more like Tesla and the price on the screen is what you pay. Dealers can be so Shady!!!!
I know Ford can't dictate pricing, but they should be able to retrict the leads the dealers get from Ford's own site. They should be able to require that by accepting a customer reservation lead from Ford's site, they are agreeing to sell at MSRP. I don't understand why at least that can't be done. Then dealers who want to sell above MSRP will have to do so from their stock units.

Radar

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, F150
Called a few dealers that had some in transit. Addendum was $2500 to $5000.

Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everyone should not be surprised if their dealers offer you cash to walk away from your order once the car comes in.

Its an excellent profit maker since it technically was never on their books since they are not the one ordering the truck in their name as dealer stock.

V2WIN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know Ford can't dictate pricing, but they should be able to retrict the leads the dealers get from Ford's own site. They should be able to require that by accepting a customer reservation lead from Ford's site, they are agreeing to sell at MSRP. I don't understand why at least that can't be done. Then dealers who want to sell above MSRP will have to do so from their stock units.
Ford is trying to change the car buying process. They want realistic msrp & only orders. If our first experience with their new process is a dealer ripoff the whole idea goes in the dumpster. I think dealer allotments should be whatever they can get. Orders should be msrp . Many Harley dealers are still hated for this be

Lvsparky83

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everyone should not be surprised if their dealers offer you cash to walk away from your order once the car comes in.

Its an excellent profit maker since it technically was never on their books since they are not the one ordering the truck in their name as dealer stock.
And or add 5k for “Market Adjustment” and force you to walk out on the deal. I can almost see this happening. Dealers won’t give you cash come on you know that.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
wait until the magazine test reports come out with something negative on Maverick. I bet those ADMs disappear in a hurry and lots start to fill with inventory. I'm already limited to buying in 2022 as it is, so a $5k ADM would make me wait for new Ranger before deciding on purchasing anything.

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Um, of course they're going to markup any stock units (not retail!) that they get in, and Mavericks orders that the customer doesn't follow through with, but I think it's needless speculation to assume they'll markup retail orders. I think most of us have known they'd markup stock units and orders refused by the customer. Is this really a surprise?

I guess we'll know shortly when these retail orders begin arriving at dealerships for customer delivery, but this seems like needless speculation and worry at this point.
Sponsored