Sponsored

Anyone find a source for factory steel wheels?

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an XLT Maverick that I recently bought. I phoned the dealer asking about steel rims for winter tires.

I gave them P/N NZ6Z-1015-A (part number for the factory steel wheels). My dealer told me not available yet. I checked our local Canadian Tire store, and they don't have the Maverick in their system yet. They had Bronco in their system, but no steel wheels listed. Ford Bronco apparently uses same 5 x 108mm bolt pattern and wheel sizes. 108mm = 4.25", so 5 X 4.25" should fit you'd think.

Anyone found an alternate source for steel wheels?
Sponsored

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I spoke with a parts guy at a different Ford dealership, and he offered that the Escape has same hub/wheel bolt pattern & 17 x 7. Lots of sources for aftermarket Escape steel wheels... and I bought a set of new aftermarket steelies locally, had snow tires mounted, just need to buy some lug nuts. Hope they fit - they should, offset, center bore etc. supposedly match.

I'm still amazed the parts guy at the first dealership (that I bought the truck from) told me he couldn't get steel wheels for it!

Ford Maverick Anyone find a source for factory steel wheels? 20211026_175134

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can't you just use the existing lug nuts?
Probably could, but I don't want to. They use a lot of salt up here on the roads (tough winters). Lots of people put good winter tires on steelies, and use basic lug nuts... to spare the aluminium wheels and chrome lug nuts from corrosion. Looks weird seeing nice newer vehicles with black basic steelies, no hubcaps, but that's the norm up here in winter (lots of people do it).

fbov

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Hybrid
good winter tires on steelies, and use basic lug nuts
Did that on the C-Max, and it worked very well. They provided lug nuts because steel wheels are generally thinner than alloy wheels, so lug studs stick out farther, and lug nuts need to be deeper.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford parts doesn't show them on backorder but I can't imagine anyone paying the $465.25 a wheel they are charging for a steel rim.

OP
OP
GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford parts doesn't show them on backorder but I can't imagine anyone paying the $465.25 a wheel they are charging for a steel rim.
I was quoted $700ish Cdn per rim (the base XL steelie), and told can't get 'em anyways. I snagged the Escape compatible rims for $80 (Cdn) each from a wheel specialty shop. Dealer wanted $110 ea.

Sponsored

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was quoted $700ish Cdn per rim (the base XL steelie), and told can't get 'em anyways. I snagged the Escape compatible rims for $80 (Cdn) each from a wheel specialty shop. Dealer wanted $110 ea.
I’m pretty sure the escape wheels are a higher offset. They should fit just way more sunk in the the Oem maverick steelies

OP
OP
GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m pretty sure the escape wheels are a higher offset. They should fit just way more sunk in the the Oem maverick steelies
Dunno about "way more sunk in", but they do sit about an inch or so further inboard than the stock aluminium wheel/tire combo. This is with Michelin X-Ice Latitude tires on Escape compatible aftermarket cheap steel wheels.

Ford Maverick Anyone find a source for factory steel wheels? 20211030_142931

Last edited:

Deleted member 6544

Dunno about "way more sunk in", but they do sit about an inch or so further inboard than the stock aluminium wheel/tire combo. This is with Michelin X-Ice Latitude tires on Escape compatible aftermarket cheap steel wheels.

20211030_142931.jpg
Those are snow tires??

Deleted member 6544

Yes, those are the Michelin X-ice Latitude tires. Lots of snow here now, put a few miles on 'em already in a good mix of conditions, and they're working out well.
Excellent. They look like a regular tire!
Sponsored