Sponsored

Anyone familiar with Ford PTM (Paint to match) Parts and Part Numbers?

DMVRunner

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I finally used my FordPass rewards points and ordered some PTM mirror caps from Fairway Ford. The parts I ordered are NZ6Z-17D742-AAPTM and NZ6Z-17D743-AAPTM. I was under the impression that these would come primed and ready to paint. What I received are part numbers NZ6B-17D742-AW and NZ6B-17D743-AW which are a black shiny plastic mirror cap with no primer. The shiny plastic makes them look very similar to the mirror caps on the First Edition Mavericks. Before I reach out to Fairway Ford and bug them I thought I would check here to see if I did in fact receive what I was supposed to? I know there are some Ford parts experts here but sadly I am not one of them.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Many late Ford replacement panels I’ve seen are black primed and relatively shiny. The prep begins from there.

Good luck

OP
OP

DMVRunner

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Many late Ford replacement panels I’ve seen are black primed and relatively shiny. The prep begins from there.

Good luck

I guess my issue is that "relatively shiny" would be a serious understatement. This photo doesn't even do it justice in terms of how glossy it is. It seems like highly polished plastic.

My issue is why is the part number on the part different itself different from what I orderd and is this considered primed? Unfortunately the economics of this worked out (in theory) because I didn't pay anything for the parts since I purchased them with points and the only reason I went ahead with it was because I thought they were supposed to be primed and the paint shop quoted me a pretty low price because they wouldn't need prep.

Ford Maverick Anyone familiar with Ford PTM (Paint to match) Parts and Part Numbers? IMG-0373.JPG

I would say they look very similar to these from the First Edition models:

Ford Maverick Anyone familiar with Ford PTM (Paint to match) Parts and Part Numbers? ford-maverick-202202

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

All the PTM Ford parts I’ve bought have all been satin gray primer
That’s interesting they are gloss black

OP
OP

DMVRunner

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All the PTM Ford parts I’ve bought have all been satin gray primer
That’s interesting they are gloss black
Yeah, I've purchased parts from other manufacturers with similar nomenclature (Paint to match) and they have all been primed gray. This is a curveball for sure.

Here are the boxes they came in showing the PTM designation at the end of the part numbers. Again, not sure why the part numbers on the parts themselves are different than what's listed on the boxes.

Thanks for the info!

Ford Maverick Anyone familiar with Ford PTM (Paint to match) Parts and Part Numbers? IMG-0376.JPG

Ford Maverick Anyone familiar with Ford PTM (Paint to match) Parts and Part Numbers? IMG-0375.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP

DMVRunner

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gotta give a shoutout to Nathan at Fairway Ford Parts, I sent him an email to ask about the PTM parts and he got back to me early this morning and said he's working on figuring it out. That's what I call service!

Mxer97

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 mav xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gotta give a shoutout to Nathan at Fairway Ford Parts, I sent him an email to ask about the PTM parts and he got back to me early this morning and said he's working on figuring it out. That's what I call service!
I just used @BFNTruckshop on Instagram. they ordered, painted and then shipped me handles and mirror caps but he said there was a lot of prep involved, so I’m assuming they had to be sanded.Top notch service and quality.

OP
OP

DMVRunner

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just used @BFNTruckshop on Instagram. they ordered, painted and then shipped me handles and mirror caps but he said there was a lot of prep involved, so I’m assuming they had to be sanded.Top notch service and quality.
I don't care about the handles since they get a lot of wear anyway and I like the black handles, I only did this because the mirror caps were free with Fordpass rewards points and my local auto body shop said it would be a very minimal cost if they were already primed which PTM parts usually come.

Edit: Just looked at their online store and almost $800 for painted to match door handles and mirror caps!? :oops: Kind of defeats the purpose of buying the cheap XL trim for me. I can stomach free mirror caps and the $50 my body shop quoted to paint match and clear both of what were supposed to be primed mirror caps. Also, I suspect that they purchased the textured mirror caps and handles and then had to do a lot of sanding because of that. From what I can tell the door handles only come paint to match with the keyless entry function otherwise they are textured molded plastic and paint to match versions of both mirror caps and door handles are significantly more expensive compared to the textured versions.

Last edited:

FabMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a carbon fiber theme for my truck inside and out so I purchased cf mirror caps and door handle covers from Amazon and eBay.

OP
OP

DMVRunner

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a carbon fiber theme for my truck inside and out so I purchased cf mirror caps and door handle covers from Amazon and eBay.
I've seen those but I don't really like the carbon fiber look and would have really just preferred the body colored mirror caps. I like the way they look especially if it would have cost me $50 all in.

z28th1s

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XLT, '72 Maverick, '87 Mustang GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, I've purchased parts from other manufacturers with similar nomenclature (Paint to match) and they have all been primed gray. This is a curveball for sure.

Here are the boxes they came in showing the PTM designation at the end of the part numbers. Again, not sure why the part numbers on the parts themselves are different than what's listed on the boxes.

Thanks for the info!

IMG-0376.JPG

IMG-0375.JPG
Did you ever figure out the correct part numbers for the mirror caps?

I want to do this to my truck.
Sponsored