Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FX4 Maverick & 1988 Mustang GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So on Sept. 16 I gave the dealership a call, and confirmed the order bank was open. So I headed in and we started building a Maverick, the weird part was that there was no prices available for anything, base vehicle price, options, packages, etc. So we built what I wanted and submitted the order, we got all green check marks, so it's ordered, but still no prices. I'm the dealerships first 2023 order. I'm just curious if anyone else in Canada had a similar experience, or if they were able to get prices?
Sponsored

Brian Wagg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, Lariat, Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Everything I'm hearing is that the Canadian system is letting dealers submit an order (if they try), but absolutely nothing is out regarding Canadian pricing or the Canadian order guide. And no memo has gone out to dealers saying the order guide is "open" (which kinda makes sense if the pricing isn't out yet).

The most challenging part for me is I want to know if Canadians can order a hybrid lariat this year. Otherwise I'd have been knocking on my dealers front door yesterday.

It's also extremly alarming to hear that the Canadian order banks are sorta open, and that the US says order banks will close this week. Meanwhile 90% of Canadian dealers are completely in the dark.

OP
OP
Havick

Havick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I know, it seems kind of crazy that there is a good chance the order bank will close before a Canadian price guide will be released.

Mightybeast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Long story short. I am Canadian, ordered in US. No way I'm waiting for leftover in Canada.

Strapper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just had my order placed. I had to wait for the order guide and pricing but have about 99% of the details. They made so many package changes it was a challenge.
I decided no compromises for supply constraints. I am not expecting anything for a while. Thankfully, I am not in desperation mode. I still like what I am driving.
I will update with anything of interest.

Sponsored

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I sure hope the new Ford CEO is closely evaluating the Maverick Program Manager. Seems like a new PM who does a better job overseeing their sales program would be helpful.

Airmac2121

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Missed an opportunity to buy Maverick last year. Was away on a job. Went to the dealership and ordered 2023 in April this year. Gave a dealer what I wanted, signed a vehicle purchase agreement and waited patiently for order banks to open. My XLT hybrid was ordered on September 19. Next day contacted Ford Canada via chat. Order was confirmed. And 3 days after that received an email from Ford pass with my member ID number. Now going to start waiting. Judging by last year other people's posts, going to get my truck end of May.

Garfield 9

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Visited dealership August 22nd and did build for a lariat hybrid. was notified September 22nd that order was submitted and was given detailed pricing.

Strapper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Please advise when a Canadian order gets confirmed by Ford. I have confirmation from my dealer but nothing solid to use for tracking yet.
I think most of what is posted regarding tracking is US and refers to previous 2022 orders.

OP
OP
Havick

Havick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm not 100% sure about tracking, but I stopped into my dealer to remove a few items, the dealer was switching to a new order system and I guess Ford now requires a down payment, I also had to sign the updated order. I ordered on Sept. 16 and it was a bit of a mess, so it might be wise for other Canadian customers to check back with their salesman. I wish we got emailed updates from Ford, not that it sounds like they really provide updates anyways. LOL

Sponsored

Strapper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First I've heard of signing for it or a down payment. Good to know. I will be checking that out. Thanks

Therewolf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered my XLT on November 23, 2021 out of Kincardine Ont. Have a VIN and was supposed to go in production today! No updates on the tracking website as of this morning. Dealer has no info.

OP
OP
Havick

Havick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I hope your order goes into production, I feel sorry for the people that have waited so long.
I jumped on a dealer inventory order Maverick back in June, after getting to finally test drive a used eco boost. Mine is also supposed to go into production this month. I also ordered a heavily constricted CG 23 XLT. So who knows if it will even get built.

Ken L

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a my22 on order and went into the dealership on Sept 16. My salesman was not available but the sales manager checked into things. He confirmed that my order was resubmitted as a 23 and confirmed by Ford with a high priority. He also said that he did not have details on pricing, price protection yet, but your price on the sales (OMVIC) agreement will be honoured. he also stated that I should have a VIN and estimated production date by the beginning of Nov.

Ken

Angry Steve

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So on Sept. 16 I gave the dealership a call, and confirmed the order bank was open. So I headed in and we started building a Maverick, the weird part was that there was no prices available for anything, base vehicle price, options, packages, etc. So we built what I wanted and submitted the order, we got all green check marks, so it's ordered, but still no prices. I'm the dealerships first 2023 order. I'm just curious if anyone else in Canada had a similar experience, or if they were able to get prices?
I'm also finding the experience rather vague. I've placed an order for a my23 based on the my22 pricing but with my23 built codes?? In soviet erra Russia it to ten years to get a car. That's nutz. Lol
Sponsored