Sponsored

Anyone else have a lease ending before Maverick is built?

CMB87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma
Just curious if anyone else is in this situation. I have a Tacoma lease that is ending in April; however, my maverick has not been scheduled yet. Seeing that I ordered a hybrid in late October, I do not foresee actually getting the maverick until later this year. I think my best option is to just buy my lease out and wait. With this car market we are in, I do believe I will get my money back from the Tacoma, if not a little more than my lease buyout (27k).

I would be happy to keep the Tacoma for another year, I do worry about having my Maverick potentially cancelled though. Is Ford cancelling an order a realistic outcome?
Sponsored

Mav_27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just curious if anyone else is in this situation. I have a Tacoma lease that is ending in April; however, my maverick has not been scheduled yet. Seeing that I ordered a hybrid in late October, I do not foresee actually getting the maverick until later this year. I think my best option is to just buy my lease out and wait. With this car market we are in, I do believe I will get my money back from the Tacoma, if not a little more than my lease buyout (27k).

I would be happy to keep the Tacoma for another year, I do worry about having my Maverick potentially cancelled though. Is Ford cancelling an order a realistic outcome?
Same boat. Ordered in June and had lease end in October. Had to extend lease but I only get 6 extra months. Since my June order is still not scheduled I’ll probably buy it and try to sell later. You’re in a better situation since Taco will sell easy. I’ll probably lose a little with my GMC Acadia.

Wixron

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fortunately I already drive A ford and the lease will be extended until the Maverick shows up

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Check your paperwork. Depending on when you leased the Tacoma....there have been changes in lease agreements. In some cases you may NOT be able to simply purchase the lease vehicle like you could previously. Due to the off lease value of certain vehicles, manufacturers are simply taking them back and off to the auction where they are at times getting thousands over residual value for them.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Check your paperwork. Depending on when you leased the Tacoma....there have been changes in lease agreements. In some cases you may NOT be able to simply purchase the lease vehicle like you could previously. Due to the off lease value of certain vehicles, manufacturers are simply taking them back and off to the auction where they are at times getting thousands over residual value for them.
OP was from a year ago.

Sponsored

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is when the OP was. Not likely when the Lease was made.

SlowTime2011

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT EB LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Check with your leasing company. I was waiting for my BRZ and Chase allowed me to extend the lease on my Mazda up to six months due to the long wait times on new cars. I only kept it for three extra months.
Sponsored