Sponsored

Anyone else had a visceral, BAD reaction to actually seeing one of the colors?

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've yet to spend any quality time with a Mav, only caught a few going by in traffic or briefly stopped at a light. I was so surprised at a few of the colors IRL! The A51 was top of my list... Until I saw one in a parking lot. I liked the Cyber Orange until I actually saw it in person, way too yellow. Latest surprise was the Iconic Silver I spied in traffic the other day, it looked so ... Bland in person. So now, of course, I'm second/third/fourth guessing my upcoming order and color choice, lol!

But really just curious if anyone else had an in-person wow/no moment?
Sponsored

cowmeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To each his own . . . I have an Iconic silver XLT and love it. The silver goes really well with the interior colors, unlike most of the colors they offer

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To each his own . . . I have an Iconic silver XLT and love it. The silver goes really well with the interior colors, unlike most of the colors they offer
I'll agree. I have had several silver vehicles always happy. Only color that I have had that is never a go again is Black. Looks nice just way to much work.

All the other colors are fine. I ordered White, just a change for me.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I can't say I hate any of the colors. What I can say is that after seeing many photos of various people's trucks here on the forum, I have decided to switch my MY23 order to Cactus Gray.

My current order is for a a Hot Pepper Red, but the more I see of the Cactus Gray, the more I like it. The color really changes its mood depending on the light, and it also looks great with simple, black accents people are adding to the trucks.

So, while I still really like the Hot Pepper Red, I'm making the switch, and the fact that it doesn't cost an extra $400 for Cactus Gray is an added bonus.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I originally ordered a Hot Pepper Red Lariat, and changed my order to an Iconic Silver XLT.
Very happy that I made that change and I remember that frequently when I see my truck!

The black trim contrasts nicely with the Iconic Silver. Silver is likewise timeless, it looks less dated than the fad colors for those that keep their vehicles a while.

Sponsored

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Been thinking - I ordered Cyber Orange, ended up with Velocity Blue. Now in retrospect I think when offered the Velocity Blue I would have taken any color offered as long as it was a Lariat Lux with Fx4 and 4K Tow. It is such a perfect fit of a truck for me and the CO is stuck in production. I have had my Maverick since mid December.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really like all the colors. I've had silver, black, 3 different shades of blue, red and (brown, my first car). So I wanted something different thus, my Cyber Orange/Yellow. I hope that will still be available in 23. If not, I may go with Cactus Gray. But I hope CO is available.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Eye of the beholder and all that.

After seeing Fords in person in one of the offered colors I now can't shake thinking of it as Cactus Cadaver Gray.

No disrespect intended; it takes all kinds to make up a horse race. CG simply does nothing for me.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can't say I hate any of the colors. What I can say is that after seeing many photos of various people's trucks here on the forum, I have decided to switch my MY23 order to Cactus Gray.

My current order is for a a Hot Pepper Red, but the more I see of the Cactus Gray, the more I like it. The color really changes its mood depending on the light, and it also looks great with simple, black accents people are adding to the trucks.

So, while I still really like the Hot Pepper Red, I'm making the switch, and the fact that it doesn't cost an extra $400 for Cactus Gray is an added bonus.
We went back n forth between Cactus and HPR - Really like HPR but often it just looks cinnamon and I didn't want to live with that full time. Cactus is great but there are times it looks like a really light teal - some may not like that but with black wheels, red accents (FX4 sticker, tail lights) and the black panel trim it pops hard and looks great with Utah red clay/dirt dust all over it -)
Ford Maverick Anyone else had a visceral, BAD reaction to actually seeing one of the colors? PXL_20220708_224911778.MP

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel like every carmaker now has their version of Cactus Gray and Area 51, so I have to say I'm getting a little burnt out on those colors in general. They look nice in person, but then you see a CRV in almost cactus gray, a Toyota in sort of Area 51...kind of becoming the flavor of the month. We saw a Cyber Orange on a recent highway trip and that sucker was bright! Kudos to those who like a loud color and ordered it...you will get what you paid for on that one!

Sponsored

Parabellum

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 5.0 (hopefully soon maverick)
I’ve liked all the colors I’ve seen. Some more then others. I just wish they’d introduce a guard green type color for my23

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've yet to spend any quality time with a Mav, only caught a few going by in traffic or briefly stopped at a light. I was so surprised at a few of the colors IRL! The A51 was top of my list... Until I saw one in a parking lot. I liked the Cyber Orange until I actually saw it in person, way too yellow. Latest surprise was the Iconic Silver I spied in traffic the other day, it looked so ... Bland in person. So now, of course, I'm second/third/fourth guessing my upcoming order and color choice, lol!

But really just curious if anyone else had an in-person wow/no moment?
I've been really surprised at the great looks of VB. I've seen many of the Mavs in different colors that have looked fabulous, especially those who are owned by people that take care of their truck's paint finish. The ceramic coatings are fantastic with its liquid sheen. And, the regular wax jobs look great as well. Two of the most impressive I've seen are a Carbonized Grey ceramic coated and a Cactus Grey wax job.

Here's my VB XL 2.0 EB Maverick a day after using Turtle Wax's "Wax & Dry" which is an easy way to keep a finish looking good. Well, the wax is easy, the hand wash, clay bar application, alcohol clean, and hand wash is a little time consuming, but the results are worth it.

Ford Maverick Anyone else had a visceral, BAD reaction to actually seeing one of the colors? 96356165-DEF6-42AB-A6DC-460023812A28

Mi Camión Azul XL doesn't have a ceramic coating liquid sheen, but its looks good to me and I've gotten lots of comments about it.

Last edited:

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm no fan of the cyber orange at all but of course thats just my personal opinion. I originally went and ordered using velocity blue but after seeing one in alto blue I decided to change my mind and order to that. I never was a huge fan of silver but Ive seen a few silver mavericks and something about the body design and metallic in the paint actually looks really good. All the other colors look good to me. I just prefer metallic paint in most cases.

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I originally ordered a Hot Pepper Red Lariat, and changed my order to an Iconic Silver XLT.
Very happy that I made that change and I remember that frequently when I see my truck!

The black trim contrasts nicely with the Iconic Silver. Silver is likewise timeless, it looks less dated than the fad colors for those that keep their vehicles a while.
The only problem with Silver is over time it does to hold up under the sun.

Mmmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
magic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i had originally ordered Area 51 in 2021, but without seeing on a sales lot or test driving it, I was skeptical. I got lucky and rented a mav for a weekend that was Area 51, the drive was great the color not so much, I was able to alter the order to a safer Carbonized Grey having seen one in person.

the cyber orange is nice but more of a yellow.
Sponsored