Sponsored

Anyone else go from unscheduled clean to unscheduled balanced out?

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone else that was previously told you were unscheduled, clean, now being told you are unscheduled, balance out? I know my dealer sent in my license and completed the COVP process. I received two Ford e-mails saying I need to remove constraints if I want to improve my chance of getting a 22 Mav. But today I chatted with Ford support and they said I was balanced out.

Not surprising for a Nov 15th 2021 (last day) Hybrid to get bumped to 23 but kind of strange that it just happened after Ford announced 22 production would continue beyond October 21st.
Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone else that was previously told you were unscheduled, clean, now being told you are unscheduled, balance out? I know my dealer sent in my license and completed the COVP process. I received two Ford e-mails saying I need to remove constraints if I want to improve my chance of getting a 22 Mav. But today I chatted with Ford support and they said I was balanced out.

Not surprising for a Nov 15th 2021 (last day) Hybrid to get bumped to 23 but kind of strange that it just happened after Ford announced 22 production would continue beyond October 21st.
How exactly did you know that your COVP was processed correctly because I don't think it was approved which resulted in your order being unbuildable thus the "balanced out" status.

The dealer just sending in the the forms does not make it COVP verified if signatures were missing, DL address not matching, blurry licence copy etc.

If any of that happened the dealer was informed that it was not approved and should have contacted you to get it fixed and submitted properly but it looks like your dealer screwed up and you lost your order because of that.

The dealer can pull up and send you a screenshot of the COVP approval status and it will more than likely show not approved.

Tim @fordvideoguy has videos on how to check that the dealer did the COVP properly.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Were you confirmed to be "clean" before? I would think it would never have read "clean" if the COVP/ROVP was missing. But I am no expert.

OP
OP
Automate

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How exactly did you know that your COVP was processed correctly because I don't think it was approved which resulted in your order being unbuildable thus the "balanced out" status.
@fordvideoguy has said you would not get the March and June official email from Ford suggesting to drop constraints if you were already balanced out.

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What does balanced out mean? Mine was clean the 8 months later Ford had no record it was EVER ordered even though I got the confirmation emails from them. I’m screwed. Dealer and Ford do not care. Ford says they can’t investigate my order because they can’t investigate a order that doesn’t exist

Sponsored

OP
OP
Automate

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Balance out means you will not get a 22 Maverick. For most people so far it has meant your dealer did not properly submit your COVP info to prove to Ford you are a real person that placed an order.

But at the end of the model year it could mean they were not able to schedule your vehicle and your order will have to be converted to next years model.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Can think of 4 reasons the date was move and 1 will directly relate to you. The first was mentioned by a forum member. With several weeks which scheduling did not happen in September, Ford need more time to build all vehicles with assigned VIN numbers. To build more MY22 orders, time for doing new pkgs as Tremor and finally more time to get the process nailed down to priorities unfilled MY22 orders over new MY23 orders. (Think it's a combination of all 4.)

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
@fordvideoguy has said you would not get the March and June official email from Ford suggesting to drop constraints if you were already balanced out.
If you didn't get a COVP approval then the order could have a balanced out I think. Don't know Brevard we don't have any orders with unscheduled balanced out status.

OP
OP
Automate

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you didn't get a COVP approval then the order could have a balanced out I think. Don't know Brevard we don't have any orders with unscheduled balanced out status.
@fordvideoguy how did the process work with Broncos that did not make it into production for the model year? Did their status go to balanced out at the end of the model year? After which a new order was required to be made for the next model year with the private offer?

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
@fordvideoguy how did the process work with Broncos that did not make it into production for the model year? Did their status go to balanced out at the end of the model year? After which a new order was required to be made for the next model year with the private offer?
No they didn't

Sponsored
OP
OP
Automate

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Called Ford support today and they looked it up and I have a properly submitted ROVP. Looks like I will be getting a 23.

OP
OP
Automate

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since no more Hybrids or Lux will be scheduled, I'm surprised more people aren't reporting being balanced out.

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a lux package. There are likely some like myself who are just waiting out the process. I don't see a need to stress over it. The whole process keeps evolving.

OP
OP
Automate

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a lux package. There are likely some like myself who are just waiting out the process. I don't see a need to stress over it. The whole process keeps evolving.
When I first heard I was "balanced out" I was stressed since no one, even FordVideoGuy (Tim) had heard of anyone getting balanced out unless their dealer had not completed the ROVP/COVP process. Without ROVP/COVP your waiting was totally wasted. No reserving your place in line, no private offer, you're starting over for '23 from scratch.

Once Ford themselves told me my ROVP was completed properly, my stress went away but still surprised others have not seen the same happen to their orders.
Sponsored