Sponsored

Anyone else get this update email for Late July/Early August Production Dates Truck Built July 28, but still sitting in Production

johnmguice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Accord
My truck has been sitting in Mexico for over a Money and I cannot get any answers as to why out of Ford or the dealer. My build date was July 28. According in to the tracker it’s still “in production” but according to ford chat its “back from the body shop” and the modules are live.

My ETA for the chat says it’s coming September 1 which obviously isn’t right. Dealer says it’s built and still sitting in Mexico. I got an email last night from Ford that stated:

"Thank you for being a valued Ford customer. We wanted to update you again on the status of your Maverick XLT order. While we initially predicted your vehicle build would begin week of July 25, 2022, the supply chain challenges we’ve been up against are still causing delays in production that are beyond our control.

We understand how frustrated you may be (we are too), and we apologize for any inconvenience. Rest assured, we are doing all we can to minimize the delays and get you on the road in your new vehicle as soon as possible.

Please continue to look out for updates from us. Once your vehicle is built, we will contact you again. In the meantime, we truly appreciate your patience and understanding."

Any ideas or anyone else get this email?
Sponsored

JAC

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy G30 Roadtrek Van, waiting for Hybrid XL Mave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck has been sitting in Mexico for over a Money and I cannot get any answers as to why out of Ford or the dealer. My build date was July 28. According in to the tracker it’s still “in production” but according to ford chat its “back from the body shop” and the modules are live.

My ETA for the chat says it’s coming September 1 which obviously isn’t right. Dealer says it’s built and still sitting in Mexico. I got an email last night from Ford that stated:

"Thank you for being a valued Ford customer. We wanted to update you again on the status of your Maverick XLT order. While we initially predicted your vehicle build would begin week of July 25, 2022, the supply chain challenges we’ve been up against are still causing delays in production that are beyond our control.

We understand how frustrated you may be (we are too), and we apologize for any inconvenience. Rest assured, we are doing all we can to minimize the delays and get you on the road in your new vehicle as soon as possible.

Please continue to look out for updates from us. Once your vehicle is built, we will contact you again. In the meantime, we truly appreciate your patience and understanding."

Any ideas or anyone else get this email?
We didn't get that email, at least we didn't get it yet, but there are a bunch of us from July and early August build weeks that are still "stuck" in production and have not moved to the "built" status. (There is actually a thread on this forum about it). Our guess is that during those build weeks, a part or parts were not available and our trucks were put on a lot near the plant.

Once the parts came in, they were given to the assembly line which takes priority over the vehicles in the lot since they can produce a truck in about 20 hours on the line versus having to go and take the time to get our truck and add whatever part is missing. Some of us are guessing that there was a shortage of tow hitches at the time since many of us had that option. Ours is a bare bones XL Hybrid with a tow hitch.

The thing that we find most frustrating is that the dealers are kept in the dark as well as us and the only thing that Ford customer service can tell us is "pending an update" since we too are beyond our original estimated delivery date of 9/6-9/12.

OP
OP

johnmguice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Accord
We didn't get that email, at least we didn't get it yet, but there are a bunch of us from July and early August build weeks that are still "stuck" in production and have not moved to the "built" status. (There is actually a thread on this forum about it). Our guess is that during those build weeks, a part or parts were not available and our trucks were put on a lot near the plant.

Once the parts came in, they were given to the assembly line which takes priority over the vehicles in the lot since they can produce a truck in about 20 hours on the line versus having to go and take the time to get our truck and add whatever part is missing. Some of us are guessing that there was a shortage of tow hitches at the time since many of us had that option. Ours is a bare bones XL Hybrid with a tow hitch.

The thing that we find most frustrating is that the dealers are kept in the dark as well as us and the only thing that Ford customer service can tell us is "pending an update" since we too are beyond our original estimated delivery date of 9/6-9/12.

Thanks, that sucks. If that logic continues our trucks will sit out there indefinitely. Do you have a link to that thread?

Last edited:

ADV Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here with me. In Production since 08/08, returned from Body Shop. I asked my dealer several times, Ford Chat two times and no info. Even the Regional Manager doesn't know and probably doesn't want to ask the plant....

• Sad
Reactions: JAC

day004

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got that exact e-mail on 8/18 . Also had a build date of 8/8. I called the 800 # yesterday and they confirmed that the Mav is built and awaiting shipping. Online tracker shows still in production. So useless.

Sponsored

JSKUSN

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander, Bmw 228i
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It seems to be a common thread for all of us is 8/8 production holds. I too did the Ford customer chat as well as email my dealer with no other information then that it came back from the body shop.

I am now about to hit the one-year anniversary from my order through Chapman Horsham in PA. Lariat w/ lux pkg.

I can’t add any other thoughts to what has already been posted but certainly the lack of communication from Ford is irresponsible.

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They could have had a stop-ship order on certain trucks to fix an issue we have not heard about yet.

This happened in early July due to some side air-bag issues that will eventually result in a recall to be announced soon. They had to come up with a field-fix for production trucks which were held at the plant for some time before they eventually shipped.

Time will tell what the hold-up is.

JAC

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine was built on May 23. According to the tracker, it was shipped to a plant in Michigan. It sat there for 2 months. I’m guessing to sort out some of the hybrid issues. I called corporate number to find out what was going on. She didn’t know either and said she was going to put out a “logistics inquiry “. She said I would get an answer in 5 work days. The next week, it was delivered.

JAC

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It seems to be a common thread for all of us is 8/8 production holds. I too did the Ford customer chat as well as email my dealer with no other information then that it came back from the body shop.

I am now about to hit the one-year anniversary from my order through Chapman Horsham in PA. Lariat w/ lux pkg.

I can’t add any other thoughts to what has already been posted but certainly the lack of communication from Ford is irresponsible.
Totally agree about the lack of communication: there must be some Ford tracking database somewhere (maybe at the plant) that has our VIN numbers & a description of where it is parked and what it needs in order to finish the build. Not providing that information to at least the dealer, (who can pass the info on to us) is unbelievable. My dealer has no idea what the holdup is either and I can imagine it is frustrating for them as well.

Sponsored

Abbers1125

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Abby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX 5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am in the same boat. Went into production on July 27. Ford chat says came back from body on July 28th. They show no holds or delays. Dealer says I had an arrival date of August 26th. Nothing and no information from anyone. Hybrid lariat lux package

• Sad
OP
OP

johnmguice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Accord
I am in the same boat. Went into production on July 27. Ford chat says came back from body on July 28th. They show no holds or delays. Dealer says I had an arrival date of August 26th. Nothing and no information from anyone. Hybrid lariat lux package
In a way that makes me feel a bit better that the truck didn't get wrecked or something like that. I have XTL Lux hybrid with moonroof with SIBL. Whatever the reason its the same holdup.

Abbers1125

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Abby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX 5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a built email today for everyone in this thread.

Been stuck in production since July 28th.
ETA window from my dealer is 10/21-10/26.

JAC

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a built email today for everyone in this thread.

Been stuck in production since July 28th.
ETA window from my dealer is 10/21-10/26.
Ours was built today too since being stuck in production since 8/8. Yippee!!!!

ETA 10/27-11/2
Sponsored