Sponsored

Anyone create/buy a cover for the hole in the bumper with hitch installed?

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With 7 pin connector. Scratched it on the final fitting lol.

IMG_0773.JPG
Did you just buy the normal one that is flat there and make the hole yourself? How did you fit it over the plastic cover?

If you have a heat gun, a very small.... I say again, very small lol, amount of heat will help to hide those small scratches. Too much heat though and you will end up with a glossy disaster.
Sponsored

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Did you just buy the normal one that is flat there and make the hole yourself? How did you fit it over the plastic cover?

If you have a heat gun, a very small.... I say again, very small lol, amount of heat will help to hide those small scratches. Too much heat though and you will end up with a glossy disaster.
just purchased the bumper cover (for those without a hitch) and some measuring and cutting does the trick. the scratches on mine are near the chain hooks on the hitch, installing was the hardest part of the mod for me. heating it up would require doing it while the piece is on the truck, but not sure I get how it will remove the scratches? heat it up and they scratches will disappear???

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I heat mine in the oven at 350°F to make it soft and more "plastic". But still seemed a long way from "melting".

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did this a while ago.
Really cleans up that space!

capecruiser

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger lariat, 1931 Ford , 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Yep regular flat trim piece. 7 pin connector will pop out. Take several measurements and cut to size. I tried heat gun but it didnt come out. A little tight sliding back together but it will go in.

Sponsored

First Name
Menno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All it needs now is the Ford hitch cover. Be advised though, there must be a black market for these, so the one on my Edge is now secured with a wire tie looped around it,,,,

HRG
Is anyone selling these?

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks, perhaps I was not clear. I'm talking about the large cavity surrounding the hitch receiver and including the area where the trailer power outlet is.
There was a guy selling them with the cutout done for around the hitch, it’s the piece in the bumper cover if one doesn’t have a hitch, I got mine from dealership and cut it out myself after seeing it done on the forum here

JfredTrem

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Least scratched I win... easy way to get it in if you don't need the 4pin.. where the red highlight is.. cut away the back lip part that tucks under. On the top left cut to right before the clip. Right side.. right before the curve. I ziptied the pins out of the way as I will never use it.

Snapchat-1047860300.png
I used a Dremel

Sponsored

JBEN110

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Awd XLT tremor with lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Apparently not. Now I can't un-see it. Haha

1007220940_HDR.jpg
yea i didn't even notice it until this thread😂 now im going to have to grab one too

Rlward

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Fird Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just curious if anyone has found a solution for the large opening in the bumper that results from installing the factory hitch.
If not I'll attempt to hack my stock panel up.

Thanks!
If you remove the two screws on the bottom edge of the bumper, one on each side, it makes it easier to slide and force the panel up into place.

TNFurb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco Sport OB ‘24 Mav Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid