2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We don't have the luxury of traveling in search of a good deal (or competent dealership), so if there are any other Hawai'i folks on here I figure it would be beneficial for us to share info.
Sponsored

pollamat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pearl City here. Same info I got from all the Ford dealers on island. It’s a shame

OP
OP

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've reserved at all 3 dealers on oahu and spoken with 2 over the phone and one in person (between a couple of weeks ago and as recently as this week). They were all saying "orders aren't open yet" and "idk how others are doing orders already maybe hawaii is behind the mainland", etc. If I get any good, solid info (pricing quote, the name of a competent salesperson, etc), I'll send you a direct message on this site.

Sponsored

808Rider

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
One salesman at Honolulu said they can't guarantee price. I told him im not placing an order unless I have a written guarantee on price. These dealers can set price. I call BS and saying they can't because "its new...blah blah". Im not paying more than MSRP or I'm walking. I'm tired of these dealers trying to upcharge us just because we're on an island BS.

Joe Shmogan

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I live on Maui, we ordered from Granger in Iowa. They had a $3000 off msrp deal last year. Even with shipping it will be cheaper than msrp at Valley Isle Ford. The minimum dealer markup that I have seen there is $2995. The cost of a Tremor upgrade. Which we ended up getting when our 2022 order rolled over.

Ford Maverick Anybody in Hawaii? tremor

Not gonna find a deal like that here. I did see a XL hybrid for sale with a few thousand miles for $35,000 on island. It wasnt listed long.

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For the 2022 orders, all three Oahu dealers had a ADM of atleast $5k plus another $2k+ on dealer installed service
  • Cutter - Resistall Paint Protection
  • Honolulu - Artic Freeze for super cold AC *shrug*
  • Windward - Drive train warranty
After taxes and such the out the door price would be about $10k over MSRP.
I'm still waiting on my 2022 order. The dealer doesnt provide me updates or knows whats going on.

I recently stopped by Cutter Jeep and the out the door price on a plug in hybrid Wrangler was $80k, $20k over MSRP

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

How long do you think before Tacomas will be over $100k with a wheel upgrade?:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Maverick808

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma Trail Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just put in an order at Orchid Isle Auto Center here in Hilo and they charge an adm of $4500. I wish we could get that sweet mainland pricing i keep seeing online:cautious:

Guy_K

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For the 2022 orders, all three Oahu dealers had a ADM of atleast $5k plus another $2k+ on dealer installed service
I'm still waiting on my 2022 order. The dealer doesnt provide me updates or knows whats going on.

I recently stopped by Cutter Jeep and the out the door price on a plug in hybrid Wrangler was $80k, $20k over MSRP
I placed my order pretty much as soon as I could last year @ Cutter Ford. Was told $3K ADM. I offered $2K and they said ok. I said no Resistall and the salesman said Ok. Took delivery in late June and I got it for the price I agreed to except they charged $125 for the VIN etching thing they do on the glass that I had to pay for. It does have the Resistall sticker on the windshield but they did not charge me for it and is not on my paperwork. Things may have changed since then but that was my experience.

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Now Honolulu Ford is charging someone who ordered $6k over MSRP..

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

One salesman at Honolulu said they can't guarantee price. I told him im not placing an order unless I have a written guarantee on price. These dealers can set price. I call BS and saying they can't because "its new...blah blah". Im not paying more than MSRP or I'm walking. I'm tired of these dealers trying to upcharge us just because we're on an island BS.
I was told nothing, I just thought MSRP …fool ain’t I?

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just sharing ... spend a lot of time on Oahu...lived there 3 yrs. A cousin on the Big Island was on a vacation in Huntington Beach and bought a "used" 2023 Tacoma and simply had it shipped to Oahu. Arrived in 20 days. Might be worth some calls to California or some other mainland dealers.
Sponsored