Sponsored

Anybody get ForScan working with 2024 Mavericks?

mp24

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

Last edited:

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you look at the Forscan website they tell you that the software is not supported yet on the 24 model year truck. Give it some time. The trucks just started rolling off the line in mid-October.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

The Cyber Orange Guy.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Devu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick cyber orange
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry, I'm not the smartest one, but according to my apreciación it says that they're currently adding 2023, no that aren't supporting 2024. May be is an old statement ?

Mine is 2022, but finger crossed for you and rest that they bring support for you and the rest of guys soon.
Hmmm maybe Ford has made a change in Access Parameters or ? Anyone know if Ford Dealers have different equipment, adapters, or secret code for 2024's?

Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Obviously this page has not been updated recently. It mentions version v2.3.51 but their current release is v2.3.57. v2.3.51 was released way back on February 21, 2023. They always have to add support for new models after they come out. If you search here on MTC you will see people had the same error messages with the first 23 model Mavericks.

Last edited:

Techvet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, RAV4 Hybrid, '24 Maverick Lariat on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah, the web site's choice of verbiage leaves you hanging. It clearly states MY2024 is not supported on the main landing page, but it also gives you no idea if they are even working on it.

The page quoted by NoVaJimmy is more ominous. It reads: Ford 2024+MY models will not be supported. Grammarians will tell you that the use of "will not be" is clearly future tense. They could have just as easily said MY2024 support will be provided at a future date.

On the FORSCAN site's forums there is a discussion about MY2024 not being supported with a fair number of comments expressing similar concerns to those posted here. So far there are no posts from FORSCAN employees offering clarifications, explanations, or timelines for when it will be supported.

Ford (and other manufacturers) may be growing tired of folks meddling with their coding and may have instilled the use of troublesome proprietary checksums in the code to thwart hackers. Afterall the code in the modules is their intellectual property and some of the coding in the modules probably impacts things like emission certifications, safety requirements, etc. If that is the case, then it may take a "right to repair" lawsuit similar to what the agricultural industry went through to force Ford to open up the software.

Or... it could be that Russian programmers simply don't understand the intricacies regarding the use of tense in English and support shows up in 30 days.

Either way, I'll be watching this.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am getting the error message pictured, anybody else get it working or is it just me?

View attachment 136764
You can follow the instructions on their site and send the log files after trying to connect to your 24 and they will add support in a future version of the software.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or... it could be that Russian programmers simply don't understand the intricacies regarding the use of tense in English
This

Techvet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, RAV4 Hybrid, '24 Maverick Lariat on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've just went back to the FORScan forum site, and the lack of 2024 support has still not been addressed by the FORScan team. However, the latest post on 12/9/2023 from a forum member 'tractmec' (who has been active there for a while) tries to parse out the language about 2024s not being supported. Granted, there is nothing that is particularly encouraging, but it leaves you with the impression that we may eventually see 2024 support - it just may be a while. The is a good bit of sensible commentary in the post and I'd encourage folks to pop over there and read it interested.

Ford 2024+MY models will not be supported - FORScan forum

Sponsored

shrek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat Lux FX4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are annoying things that I have to get rid of on the new truck. Double honk with engine running, and other things. Hopefully they update it for MY2024

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can follow the instructions on their site and send the log files after trying to connect to your 24 and they will add support in a future version of the software.
Has anyone done this? They can't add support without the logs from a user with a 24 Maverick.

They will need logs from both an EB and a Hybrid.

Last edited:

MAVERICK OCD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
BEAU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone done this? They can't add support without the logs from a user with a 24 Maverick.

They will need logs from both an EB and a Hybrid.

Hey Automate,
Long time no talk. Yes. I traded in my 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat for a 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat.
Yes. I emailed Forscan with my VIN number and they sent me a test build. I will copy and paste the email here below. I enabled TSR and everything is working fine.

Hello,

We have added this car to FORScan database, please try again using this test build:

https://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.58.test20231211.exe

Timcan72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
mp24,
Try my link one post above this one and let me know if it works. I have a 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid and it worked for me.
Maverick OCD, Test build worked for me on a 2024 Lariat Hybrid.Thank you.
Sponsored