pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just wondering who else here is following Ford's other masterpiece, the full-size Bronco. Unfortunately it sounds like Ford has back-peddled on their initial promise of producing all retail orders before stock. That should come as a familiar promise to us who've been following the Maverick. I can't help but wonder if that will (or possibly has already begun) to be the same story for our beloved Maverick.

Not to mention, Mr. Mike Levine, product communications director of Ford North America, has pretty well expressed he doesn't show the least bit of concern for approx. 2% of Ford Bronco reservationists who opted to seek out a special deal from those offering. Problem is, those "small dealers" are not just offering a fantastic deal, but also fantastic customer service... which is not always easy to find amongst Ford dealers across this nation. I'm not a Bronco reservationist but damn, even I felt a little punch to the gut after reading his reply to what I assume is a disgruntled (and understandably so) Bronco reservation holder.

View attachment 12423

Not trying to stir the pot here in any way, but this just feels wrong IMO. After discovering this forum, I was certain my order would by placed with Granger (one of the dealers Mike is clearly speaking on in his reply) and I'm positive I'll be ordering from Granger still, but the question is now, will that order be for a Ford?

I'm with the people #reservationsoveralloactions #gettinitatgranger
Granger was great to deal with - picked up last weekend! I knew they were doing a similar process with the Bronco, but didn't realize they were the #1 dealer for volume of orders for the Bronco! Ford definitely has to balance that, but calling it out like that in a tweet seems sort of petty. I mean I think the # of orders was like 1,200 - that is certainly a lot, but still a drop in the bucket compared to their overall orders reserved.

Just doesn't seem like a necessary comment. It also seems to me like the Granger model 100% aligns with Ford's desire to move to build-to-order. You can't expect customers to want to build to order when the dealer they work with won't agree to an upfront price and transparent process, then actively screws the customers when their vehicle arrives on the lot.

BARTMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm following because I had a reservation since July 2020. What a shit show.

TS0323

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT Lux in Alto Blue
If the Santa Cruz were more appealing to me this would make me want to jump ship...what a condescending reply by Mike.
Sponsored