Sponsored

Any southern California Ford dealer will do the Courtesy Drop? Or good dealer?

yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I learned that some members in Los Angeles found the dealership will do the Courtesy Drop. Can someone share one? I would like to order the truck with Chapman.
Or if you have a good dealer, please also post here. Thanks a lot.
Sponsored

OP
OP

yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After sent out tons of emails, I got 2 dealer's responses. Bothe of them are located in Southern California. One will charge $500, and the other one will charge $300. Does anyone want to group CD with me?

potatosalad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would be interested in this. I'm willing to drive to pick it up but all of the active dealers on here are obviously way too far. This seems like the next best option.

OP
OP

yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would be interested in this. I'm willing to drive to pick it up but all of the active dealers on here are obviously way too far. This seems like the next best option.
PMed

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After sent out tons of emails, I got 2 dealer's responses. Bothe of them are located in Southern California. One will charge $500, and the other one will charge $300. Does anyone want to group CD with me?
Oh man where were you a month ago? I was looking around my area and gave up. What dealer agreed on the courtesy drop?

I might still consider this if the 4% off invoice is still offered and if all the fees added on is still cheaper than what we would be paying out here at msrp.

Sponsored

OP
OP

yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh man where were you a month ago? I was looking around my area and gave up. What dealer agreed on the courtesy drop?

I might still consider this if the 4% off invoice is still offered and if all the fees added on is still cheaper than what we would be paying out here at msrp.
PMed you as well. Let me create a conversation between us about who will use the CD.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let's get Tom here to do a breakdown of the pricing and list all the charges for us SoCal members.

maverickfella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
PMed you as well. Let me create a conversation between us about who will use the CD.
Hi I would also be interested in what dealers you found. I spoke with 1 in woodland hills that said they do them also.

OP
OP

yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi I would also be interested in what dealers you found. I spoke with 1 in woodland hills that said they do them also.
Hi, the dealer I found is Ken Grody Ford located in Buena Park. They will charge $300.

potatosalad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's a reasonable cost. I would like to know more of what the process looks like and how costs break out like jsnmrd mentioned.

Sponsored

maverickfella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
That's a reasonable cost. I would like to know more of what the process looks like and how costs break out like jsnmrd mentioned.
I have been in touch with Tom's team for a quote and this is the breakdown for XLT with Lux package and copilot 360 -

$26660 ā€“ MSRP

$26061 ā€“ INVOICE

$25019 ā€“ 4% under invoice (plus tax/tags & $394 PA doc fee)

You could use courtesy delivery for getting the vehicle to a local dealershipā€¦

Courtesy delivery: we order the vehicle & add a drop ship code to have it shipped to a dealer you find will do CD for youā€¦a lot of dealers do themā€¦typically you will need to find a dealer with a fleet departmentā€¦we do them all the time for other dealersā€¦once you find a dealer that will do one, you will need to negotiate the cost with them (typically $200-$500 for PDI, gas, clean, etc) that you will owe to handle the CDā€¦once you are ok with that, get their drop ship code & we add to the order at previewingā€¦

Side noteā€¦we require a deposit for customers who want a drop shipā€¦the deposit amount is non-refundable & is used to cover the cost of shipping to us in the event you donā€™t take delivery (remember we still own the vehicle, not the drop ship dealer)ā€¦once the vehicle is previewing to schedule, I confirm with you the order & the drop shipā€¦I then run a uship.com quote from the drop ship dealer to my dealership & that is the amount I will collectā€¦once the vehicle schedules, that is the point of no return, & I canā€™t change the drop ship if you change your mindā€¦when you do take delivery, the deposit comes off the amount dueā€¦

hope that explains the processā€¦I have several maverick customers doing them already

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have been in touch with Tom's team for a quote and this is the breakdown for XLT with Lux package and copilot 360 -

$26660 ā€“ MSRP

$26061 ā€“ INVOICE

$25019 ā€“ 4% under invoice (plus tax/tags & $394 PA doc fee)

You could use courtesy delivery for getting the vehicle to a local dealershipā€¦

Courtesy delivery: we order the vehicle & add a drop ship code to have it shipped to a dealer you find will do CD for youā€¦a lot of dealers do themā€¦typically you will need to find a dealer with a fleet departmentā€¦we do them all the time for other dealersā€¦once you find a dealer that will do one, you will need to negotiate the cost with them (typically $200-$500 for PDI, gas, clean, etc) that you will owe to handle the CDā€¦once you are ok with that, get their drop ship code & we add to the order at previewingā€¦

Side noteā€¦we require a deposit for customers who want a drop shipā€¦the deposit amount is non-refundable & is used to cover the cost of shipping to us in the event you donā€™t take delivery (remember we still own the vehicle, not the drop ship dealer)ā€¦once the vehicle is previewing to schedule, I confirm with you the order & the drop shipā€¦I then run a uship.com quote from the drop ship dealer to my dealership & that is the amount I will collectā€¦once the vehicle schedules, that is the point of no return, & I canā€™t change the drop ship if you change your mindā€¦when you do take delivery, the deposit comes off the amount dueā€¦

hope that explains the processā€¦I have several maverick customers doing them already
Question.. purely for informational purchases. Sales tax on the new vehicle that is purchased elsewhere then courtesy dropped. How does that work? Also smog? From my understanding, it will need to be smogged immediately before being able to be registered. Just trying to clarify questions that I have. I ordered local because I didn't want to deal with any of it, but would love to know for the future. I found this on the CA DMV site.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/file/...an-you-register-it-in-california-ffvr-29-pdf/

maverickfella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Question.. purely for informational purchases. Sales tax on the new vehicle that is purchased elsewhere then courtesy dropped. How does that work? Also smog? From my understanding, it will need to be smogged immediately before being able to be registered. Just trying to clarify questions that I have. I ordered local because I didn't want to deal with any of it, but would love to know for the future. I found this on the CA DMV site.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/file/...an-you-register-it-in-california-ffvr-29-pdf/
From my understanding you pay the sales tax rate of the county where the vehicle will be registered. For smog I do not think any vehicle considered new requires it but I could be wrong.

OP
OP

yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From my understanding you pay the sales tax rate of the county where the vehicle will be registered. For smog I do not think any vehicle considered new requires it but I could be wrong.
Yes, when I order with Tom, they asked me for my address. I think that's for the tax purpose.

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That has been my experience when buying in state. I bought a car in Oregon when I lived in Washington, but they did all of my registration there. I am just curious on how that works when going across country to purchase.
Sponsored