First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking for peoples feedback on MPG/Drivability utilizing the Base Maps.

Meant to get this months ago and never have. Commute 80-120 miles a day, mostly FWY and wondering if this “helps,” or hinders MPG. Running an AWD EB.
Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Cobb Tuning subforum here on MTC is really quiet- clinically dead- but there are definitely people with the devices that post in the 2.0 ecoboost engine forum.

Are you still considering this?

The biggest thing about the OTS maps is what fuel you're going to use. What is your premium unleaded, is it E10 93 octane, or 91? Do you have E85 and flex fuel blends available, and are they cheap enough to justify their use?

Fuel aside, there's one thing I'm certain of: Cobb's OTS sport transmission tune is WAY better than stock. A lot of weird hesitation and reving without acceleration is just gone. Shifts way better, holds gears longer, coasts when lifting, instead of using huge engine braking.

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hi I got a question I won one of your runners on the raffle but I can't get it to work with my vehicle any suggestions would be thank full thanks.

Heres the code I get when I do the install

Ford Maverick Any reviews with the OTS Tune? 20240606_171008

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hmm for some reason I thought that you already had a tune?

If you don't then the first thing I would question is if any of the mods you've installed that required Forscan changes might be causing it to read as an unsupported or currently unlicensed vehicle.

Have you gone through the troubleshooting chart here? I would contact Cobb Tuning for support after you work through the flowchart. https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wi...uick+Fix+Diagnosing+Vehicle+Connection+Issues

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hmm for some reason I thought that you already had a tune?

If you don't then the first thing I would question is if any of the mods you've installed that required Forscan changes might be causing it to read as an unsupported or currently unlicensed vehicle.

Have you gone through the troubleshooting chart here? I would contact Cobb Tuning for support after you work through the flowchart. https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wi...uick+Fix+Diagnosing+Vehicle+Connection+Issues
I had a 5Starz SCT tunner . I won the Cobb tuner and I need to use this one for some reasson for the 2.3 swap. I figure it out I needed to update the firmware thanks.

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had a 5Starz SCT tunner . I won the Cobb tuner and I need to use this one for some reasson for the 2.3 swap. I figure it out I needed to update the firmware thanks.
I would uninstall the SCT before installing the accessport. I assume it can be uninstalled, I don't know SCT.

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would uninstall the SCT before installing the accessport. I assume it can be uninstalled, I don't know SCT.
Yes it's all set working great. I do feel the tune I had on the sct feels little better but probably I'm going to have to take my truck to get tuned with the Cobb now.
Sponsored